Page 236 of 237 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2370
    Liked 325 Times in 179 Posts
    I've seen a lot of these N Performance Hyundais around in recent weeks in the UK, usually with the blue-grey WRC colouring. I think their brand image is improving. Obviously, not exclusively with WRC, but if WRC helps convert some 'petrolheads' opinions of the brand, they will likely be 'influencers' within a circle, so it's hard not to draw a minor correlation.

Is there a sporty model of the C3 or the Yaris?
    aka Rodger Davies

2. Likes: sonnybobiche (9th November 2018)
    Liked 250 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    No (C3), Yes (Yaris)

Liked 271 Times in 106 Posts
    Anybody watch the Australia preview? There's a segment where they're talking about an FIA delegation sent to Japan. In the film we can see the Japanese, Ciesla, Mouton, LEHTINEN, a few others, but no Matton. Lehtinen, from what I recall, was expected to get the FIA Rallies director job before Matton swept in at the last second.

Anybody know anything more about this?

Liked 91 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    I've seen a lot of these N Performance Hyundais around in recent weeks in the UK, usually with the blue-grey WRC colouring. I think their brand image is improving. Obviously, not exclusively with WRC, but if WRC helps convert some 'petrolheads' opinions of the brand, they will likely be 'influencers' within a circle, so it's hard not to draw a minor correlation.

Toyota Yaris GRMN (gazoo racing something or other)
    1.8 litre supercharged engine as found in Lotus Elise, Sachs suspension, white body colour with graphics that have a hint of WRC car about it, so possibly the most rally *inspired* car that's been produced for a while.

* In essence, not execution.

6. Likes: sonnybobiche (9th November 2018)
    Liked 2,752 Times in 1,224 Posts
    https://rallysportmag.com/interviews...lly-australia/

Nice interviews with the Toyota drivers. Lappi's recent bad mood could also be partially explained by him missing the family.

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Anybody watch the Australia preview? There's a segment where they're talking about an FIA delegation sent to Japan. In the film we can see the Japanese, Ciesla, Mouton, LEHTINEN, a few others, but no Matton. Lehtinen, from what I recall, was expected to get the FIA Rallies director job before Matton swept in at the last second.

Anybody know anything more about this?
    I believe Jarmo Lehtinen is working for WRC Promoter these days.

Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    I believe Jarmo Lehtinen is working for WRC Promoter these days.
    In a what kind of position?

Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
    Making money position.

11. Likes: AL14 (Yesterday),WRC1 (Yesterday)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    I don`t see motorsports selling cars TODAY, except racing. Maybe the brand itself, yes, but that`s also quite hard. People want SUVs, entertainment, economy, long warranty and a low monthly payment- when we aren`t talking about premium car. Also pretty hard to create cars for a petrolhead because of all the safety and eco demands. They all weigh a million because of many airbags and driveraids and cost a lot. Times when RS`s, STIs and Evos were popular from clubman events to grp n. are over, fun while it still lasts and hopefully the "oldtimers" are also maintained not only used and they`re around for some 10 years+.
    When I 1st started taking my 15 year daughter to the WRC, she turned to me and said the Hyundai's was her favorite car of the year. Whereas I probably carried favoritism from the 70's and 80's and would look to the Fords and not consider a Hyundai.
    Roll on 4 years and now she's just picked up a Hyundai I30N. Granted it is a fantastic car, but WRC had some influence as the only colour option she wanted was the rally blue or performance blue I think they call it. I also after watching the i20 for the last few years would have the I30n on a very short list next car change.
    My perception of Yaris has changed and even I was looking at the Yaris GRNM as a possible replacement for the Wife's car but they've all sold out.

The manufacturers don't seem to market on the back off the WRC these days. Fiesta St did get an M-Sport make over but nothing official. Its only the Yaris that is the same model that gets the full treatment.
    This is where i could see Hyundai being different and would imagine they'd do something on the back of a driver or manufacturers championship win.

Guess we are niche market these days or poor marketing.

13. Likes: Rally Power (Yesterday)
    Liked 505 Times in 247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlancer555 View Post
    When I 1st started taking my 15 year daughter to the WRC, she turned to me and said the Hyundai's was her favorite car of the year. Whereas I probably carried favoritism from the 70's and 80's and would look to the Fords and not consider a Hyundai.
    Roll on 4 years and now she's just picked up a Hyundai I30N. Granted it is a fantastic car, but WRC had some influence as the only colour option she wanted was the rally blue or performance blue I think they call it. I also after watching the i20 for the last few years would have the I30n on a very short list next car change.
    My perception of Yaris has changed and even I was looking at the Yaris GRNM as a possible replacement for the Wife's car but they've all sold out.

The manufacturers don't seem to market on the back off the WRC these days. Fiesta St did get an M-Sport make over but nothing official. Its only the Yaris that is the same model that gets the full treatment.
    This is where i could see Hyundai being different and would imagine they'd do something on the back of a driver or manufacturers championship win.

Guess we are niche market these days or poor marketing.
    Now that's a cool rumor.. j/k. I remember the old days when we had the TME Evo and Carlos Sainz GT4. They should do more of that.
    Last edited by racerx1979; Yesterday at 19:15.

15. Likes: pantealex (Today)