Page 221 of 237 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2361
    Liked 1,964 Times in 915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmarcus21 View Post
    Meeke is back again ! After Rally Legend .... He will drive Skoda Fabia R5 for Condroz Rally in Belgium ► http://bit.ly/2P0iLVx
    So finally he found an agreement in his fight with Citroen, which didnt allowed him to do any rally this year?

Liked 334 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    So finally he found an agreement in his fight with Citroen, which didnt allowed him to do any rally this year?
    Think he's now been released from his contract.

Liked 9,432 Times in 4,297 Posts
    any news?

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157 View Post
    Think he's now been released from his contract.
    Meeke was released from his contract as soon as he was fired. He was always free to be able to drive whatever he wanted as soon as that happened.

As there was believed to be legal action by him against Citroen over the teams of his dismissal, and the resulting damage that this would cause to his future employment opportunities, he can hardly go around and wreck that claim by comtinuning to compete, can he?

Hence, why, now that the Toyota deal has done, and his claim is null and void against Citroen he's been free to do Legends and other rallies.

Allegedly.

Liked 261 Times in 162 Posts
    Hence, why is like writing "Hence, hence now that the Toyota..." Or "Why, why now that the Toyota..."
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 1,964 Times in 915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Meeke was released from his contract as soon as he was fired. He was always free to be able to drive whatever he wanted as soon as that happened.

As there was believed to be legal action by him against Citroen over the teams of his dismissal, and the resulting damage that this would cause to his future employment opportunities, he can hardly go around and wreck that claim by comtinuning to compete, can he?

Hence, why, now that the Toyota deal has done, and his claim is null and void against Citroen he's been free to do Legends and other rallies.

Allegedly.
    That is not true. He was not free to drive whatever he wanted...

7. Likes: dimviii (17th October 2018),er88 (17th October 2018),TWRC (17th October 2018)
    Liked 89 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    No way, Kris had a contract till the end of 2018 and got for sure some good money. He was free to go whatever he wants to do except to drive for another manufacturer in the WRC. Only if a manufaturer wants him to drive than Kris had to make a new deal in that case. I think why he could be driving the Toyota already and speaks what he wants because it's a deal with Lappi who can drive the CitroŽn as soon after the last round. Lappi (and all the orther drivers) mostly have a contract till the end of the year and needs permission to drive earlier for a new team.

What i also believe is that when Tanak don't have a chance for the championship anymore and the manufacturers title (for Toyota) is as good as be won Lappi could drive the CitroŽn already in Australia and Meeke the Toyota. That's a win-win situation and for sure something what would be discussed between the teams.

Liked 9,432 Times in 4,297 Posts
    I sat down with TOYOTA GAZOO Racing WRC to answer a few questions about the new contract for 2019 and my initial thoughts. Thought I'd share it here, and I hope you find it interesting.
    ������ �������� ���� �������� ���� �������� ��������?
    It’s just a huge pleasure and honour to be back. Three years ago, I sat down with Tommi Makinen and discussed the possibility of me going there, but at the time it was just a vision. I would have needed to commit to a season without any rallies at first, and at the time, I needed to do a full season because I had never done one up to that point. Tommi understood my point of view, but the simplicity and logic of his vision never went away from me, and even once I had made my decision, part of me wondered if I’d missed an opportunity. So I’m delighted and grateful to have that opportunity again.
    �������� ������ �������� ���������� ���������������������� ���� ������ ��������?
    The performance of the car speaks for itself and I can’t wait to be competing with it. Undoubtedly, it’s one of the quickest cars out there and there’s an incredibly strong team behind it.
    But what’s just as important is the culture. There’s a Japanese culture of respect and honour, which is so refreshing and welcoming. I couldn't think of a better place to be. Everything that Tommi outlined to me when we had that conversation three years ago has come true. He’s done it his way, yet he’s so easy to relate to, and as a four-time champion, he sees everything from a driver’s point of view. It’s a whole environment that I didn’t think was possible any more, to be honest.
    ������ ������ �������� ������������ �������� ����������?
    Everyone knows what happened earlier this year, and afterwards I decided to stay silent for a while and keep myself to myself. Sometimes it’s best not to react. And during that time, I came to realise that I’d not really enjoyed myself for the previous 18 months. It was an incredible realisation, but I was determined that I wouldn’t let my time in this sport that I loved pass under a cloud. And that made me more motivated and determined than ever, so after Rally Finland I gave all the team principals a call and said that if there was ever an opportunity I would love to hear from them. Obviously the conversation with Tommi continued, and when he asked if I’d like to drive the car, it was an absolute no-brainer.
    �������� ������ �������� �������������������� ������ �������� ���������� �������� ���� ������ ������?
    It's very straightforward. I want to go back to enjoying myself in a rally car again and help Toyota to win a championship. It’s as simple as that really. I’m not here to rock any boats: instead I’m just incredibly excited about what lies ahead.
    ������������ ������ �� �������� ���������������� ���� ����������������: ���� �������� ������������������ ���� ������?
    Absolutely. When I was growing up, I was a rally fan throughout the height of the Toyota era in the past, with legends like Carlos Sainz, Didier Auriol and Juha Kankkunen. To be following in that tradition, behind all those incredible names, is awesome. And in fact, the very first championship that I won was in a Toyota, back when I was 16 and co-driving for my brother. Together we did the road rally championship and we actually won it in a 1986 Corolla. So for many reasons, it feels really good to be here.”

https://www.facebook.com/krismeeke/p...899?__tn__=K-R

10. Likes: Allez Andruet (17th October 2018),er88 (17th October 2018),Rally Power (18th October 2018),the sniper (17th October 2018)
    Liked 417 Times in 191 Posts
    Homologation PROTON IRIZ R5 is coming for next december with Mellors Elliott Motorsport ► http://bit.ly/2EuQFxQ

12. Likes: noel157 (17th October 2018),Rally Power (18th October 2018),skarderud (18th October 2018),TWRC (18th October 2018)
    Liked 334 Times in 185 Posts
    Jacko right, Rallyfriend wrong.
    But who cares, great season ahead of us.