Page 100 of 216 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2153
    Liked 6,001 Times in 2,514 Posts
    There are two questions which everyone should answer in his head before he takes any stance to this topic.

Do I want a super fair regulations under which the best guy keeps winning all the time untill the point when there is nobody left competing with him and nobody cares anyway?

or

Do I want an intresting competition with many different winners, surprises and stories to talk about even when it means a lot tougher job for the best ot win the title?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: AnttiL (26th February 2018),COD (5th March 2018),Hartusvuori (27th February 2018),hsmed (27th February 2018),jliivak (27th February 2018),juhoman (3rd March 2018),Myrvold (27th February 2018),pantealex (9th March 2018),PLuto (26th February 2018),Rallyper (27th February 2018),René (27th February 2018),sindroms (27th February 2018),sonnybobiche (26th February 2018),steve.mandzij (26th February 2018),tommeke_B (26th February 2018),TWRC (26th February 2018)
    Liked 364 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think this is an everlasting debate as long as some of us just want the best drivers to be able to win all events if they truly are the best, and some of us want the series to remain even and interesting with more different winners and chances for new drivers.
    perfect summary
    Check my twitter feed @ https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan
    Growing old is a physiological certainty. Growing up is a psychological option.

4. Likes: AnttiL (26th February 2018),steve.mandzij (26th February 2018)
    Liked 658 Times in 313 Posts
    The best driver will still win the championship though (provided they dont have a run of poor car reliability), and at the end of the day that's what matters most. It's a fascinating element our sport has that others don't, and it's a skill to see who can cope with it the best throughout a year too.

Even on Sweden which was an extreme case, Meeke and Seb didn't deal with running near the front well. Whereas Tanak was superb on Friday morning, and Neuville did an incredible job all rally (demolishing Andreas on his 'home' rally, who had a much better starting position).

I personally don't think we'd even be having this discussion had it not been for the national rally anyway, which was a rally specific case due to those cars running narrower tyres.

I also get a sense that some people want changes as it would suit their favourite driver/team now, instead of what's best for the sport overall.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. Likes: dimviii (26th February 2018),Rally Power (27th February 2018),steve.mandzij (27th February 2018)
    Liked 368 Times in 215 Posts
    I thought QS was quite okay, but so is the leading driver to sweep the road first day. Sometimes it's beneficial, sometimes not. It was total bollocks when Ogier had clean for two days though and that was solely out to get Ogier and noone else (it was actually quite disgusting from the FIA to implement that).

Even with the system which let's the leading driver to do some road cleaning, the best drivers tend to end up in the battle for the title anyway. Ogier has won titles when being first on the road for a whole season.

Liked 9,042 Times in 4,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    I thought QS was quite okay,.
    even QS,isnt fair at every rally,pending to conditions.We have seen many times,that some times first cars have an advantage.

Liked 942 Times in 660 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    super fair regulations under which the best guy keeps winning all the time
    So You admit the rules are not fair then.

The question I'm asking myself though is: Do I want to watch pale competition (like we had in 2017) and the world champion wins only 2 rallies, in the rest he is almost invisible. Or do I want all drivers to push their cars to the limits, something to worth watch for?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,892 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post

The question I'm asking myself though is: Do I want to watch pale competition (like we had in 2017) and the world champion wins only 2 rallies, in the rest he is almost invisible. Or do I want all drivers to push their cars to the limits, something to worth watch for?
    You have more chances to see this drivers to push their cars to the limit with actual system. If you will make it easier for them, they will dont need to push so much.

Liked 9,042 Times in 4,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post

world champion won only 2 rallies and was invisible,with a record of less stage wins,due to didnt find the feeling with the fiesta.Not because start position.
    it wasnt the first year he was cleaning the road.

12. Likes: A FONDO (27th February 2018),steve.mandzij (27th February 2018)
    I forgot to mention that with QS the best drivers will be in (almost) equal condition. My post doesn't concern Ogier solely, but also Tanak, Neuville, Latvala, Meeke, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    You have more chances to see this drivers to push their cars to the limit with actual system. If you will make it easier for them, they will dont need to push so much.
    Sorry, but You can't push the car to the limits by cleaning the road and only risking only going off, that surely be a spectacle only for the kids. The cars and drivers now are more equal with similar road conditions, road cleaning does matter more if the cars are faster and more adjustable.