Page 97 of 216 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Again always Ogier complaining, no one else is that loud than him. He will play that thing smart too. He will be slow on purpose. If the thing will be for reverse order then he will be on purpose 3rd or fourth (we all know why).

Liked 249 Times in 113 Posts
    To be fair, why shouldn't the qualification stage come back? Gaps between the teams and drivers are closer than they have been in many, many years.
    Also this would make shakedown way more interesting for spectators + starting position selection would be good content to stream.
    Rallies today seem to come more and more down to the starting order and in some events being the championship leader is a way too big of a disadvantage.
    I myself give a big thumbs up to a qualification stage.

3. Likes: AndyRAC (24th February 2018),EstWRC (24th February 2018),racerx1979 (23rd February 2018),stefanvv (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 364 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Rallies today seem to come more and more down to the starting order and in some events being the championship leader is a way too big of a disadvantage.
    I myself give a big thumbs up to a qualification stage.
    and in some events road surface always give the championship leader a big big advantage on day 1. In some events including Sweden weather conditions determine if first on road on any day is an advantage or disadvantage. It balances itself out over a year. Titles are won by beating your closest rivals regularly throughout season
    I myself believe the current road order regulations are working very well across entire season. The regulations are about season long fairness.
    Personally I think a return to qualifying would be a backward step benefiting a few of the strongest drivers and curtail the development of new drivers. The current depth of drivers is partially due to success of the current road order regulations. If road order regulations are to be reviewed I would hope it would be with a view to (a) what is best over entire season and (b) do they support growing depth of talent.
    Last edited by KiwiWRCfan; 23rd February 2018 at 19:54. Reason: correct spelling error and insert missing words
    Check my twitter feed @ https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan
    Growing old is a physiological certainty. Growing up is a psychological option.

5. Likes: A FONDO (23rd February 2018),AL14 (23rd February 2018),AnttiL (24th February 2018),Dopey (24th February 2018),Rally Power (24th February 2018),steve.mandzij (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 249 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    and in some events road surface always give the championship leader a big big advantage on day 1. In some events including Sweden weather conditions determine if first on road on any day is an advantage or disadvantage. It balances itself out over a year. Titles are won by beating your closest rivals regularly throughout season
    Fair points, But qualification would do just this and drivers would need to push during the shakedown which would add more value to the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    I myself believe the current road order regulations are working very well across entire season. The regulations are about season long fairness.
    Personally I think a return to qualifying would be a backward step benefiting a few of the strongest drivers and curtail the development of new drivers. The current depth of drivers is partially due to success of the current road order regulations. If road order regulations are to be reviewed I would hope it would be with a view to (a) what is best over entire season and (b) do they support growing depth of talent.
    Strong drivers are strong for a reason and they shouldn't be punished for being good and since now we have many drivers who are purely super fast and are all capable of winning even without a help of a starting position. it was different when Citroen and Loeb were dominating the sport and rest of the competition needed all the help available to have any change.
    Talented drivers will always be able to show their potential and a good result would worth even more.

Like in F1 the races would be way more entertaining if they started in reversed championship order but does the fast guys really deserve it? no.
    Last edited by Essaj; 23rd February 2018 at 20:25.

Liked 2,345 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    The championship leader running first on the road is rooted in the history of the WRC, and past champions have had to deal with it.
    Up until 1994 the previous year winner always started first, with the rest of the order being decided by the organizers. Another thing about that is that the rallies were longer, with the opening day mattering less in the starting order. But then again, there was no reversed starting order for the following days, the rally leader had to open the road.

Also, I remember lots of tactical penalties and stopping at the finish line from the late 90's Rally Finland when the opening day was very short and no one wanted to finish first because the second day would be long and crucial and no one wanted to start first.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (24th February 2018),Rally Power (24th February 2018)
    Liked 846 Times in 346 Posts
    Quali on shakedown wouldn't make it better if it's in the same format as before with all cars only running 3 times, they are pushing now so it's still good to watch, i even got 3 offs. And it would just push the problem over on the up and coming guys with less testing and not as much confidence to push already on shakedown.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

10. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 364 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Quali on shakedown wouldn't make it better if it's in the same format as before with all cars only running 3 times, they are pushing now so it's still good to watch, i even got 3 offs. And it would just push the problem over on the up and coming guys with less testing and not as much confidence to push already on shakedown.
    Exactly "it would just push the problem over on the up and coming guys with less testing and not as much confidence"

12. Likes: SubaruNorway (24th February 2018)
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Ogier has big mouth when things go not to his advantage but he's quiet otherwise. There's perception as if he's a scapegoat of the system and many people feel sorry for this guy. He was happy to go first in Monte and get all rubbish from the side of the road for others, he'll be happy in Mexico, Corsica, Germany etc. There will be no complains whatsoever in most rallies but still some people think he needs to do extra effort. That's the name of the game, you sweep the road in some rallies others sweep for you in some rallies. Fair solution would be to start all privateers first (there are always there).

Liked 1,860 Times in 800 Posts
    This formula is ideal. The disadvantage is limited to the morning of the 1st day and a still a bit in the afternoon. And only in those round where being first is a disadvantage.
    Beside that, Monte, Corsica, Galles, Germany, Sweden with few snow and any other round if rains is an advantage for the first in the road. It means that more likely, 5 events (40%...) will be an advantage for who open the road.

Ogier is just boring, no wonder why even french people in this forum don't like him. And as far as I know, french people love everything that is even barely french...
    I wonder if he talks about it with his wife as well: "my love Seb come to me" "yes honey, you know it's been hard weekend opening the road, I need comfort", "please let people get in before us in the supermarket, it makes me feel good to enter the supermarket after them".

15. Likes: steve.mandzij (24th February 2018)
    Liked 420 Times in 206 Posts
    Ogier will then need a pre qualifying qualify lap because what if he is first on the road for qualifying hehe

17. Likes: AL14 (24th February 2018)