Page 50 of 237 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7DbPPgqqvo

I think this video is from the candidate event last year.
    It doesn't really bring anything new to the sport like NZ would have does it?
    It's just a mix of what we have, even looks a bit like Wales in places.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Yeh, looks a bit like Wales and NZ. But I thought NZ was totally out of the question financially?

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    I can't remember the last time WRC stopped by at Chile.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

4. Likes: pantealex (3rd January 2018)
    Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Ha ha ha ha.

A new country that has never been in the WRC brings nothing 'new', but a country that was last in the WRC recently does?!

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I find it funny how people argue that Sundays got boring. You know why they did? Because Sundays got shortened. Towards the end of an event often times drivers aren't willing to throw points away. Well guess what, when Saturday evening is the end of a rally drivers will go conservative by Saturday afternoon. In a few years people will advocate one and a half day events and after that they moan how boring Saturdays are and that therefore they should be dropped. This is just silly.
    Yes, in most rallies Sunday stages is useless, especially on those who have two or three stages. I do not mean that we should delete Sunday, but the way how it is, I don't like it at all, because apart from one fight or two, all the other drivers are just driving to the finish.
    I also believe that Power Stage shouldn't be the last stage. Wouldn't be better to have it in the middle of rally, at the start of saturday second loop with new tires and not be required to make management of tires on the final day?

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Ha ha ha ha.

A new country that has never been in the WRC brings nothing 'new', but a country that was last in the WRC recently does?!
    I'm talking in terms of road character, tight forests with no view doesn't make for good footage in my view.
    I'm sure it will be popular by the locals but for media and TV it probably won't be anything special like you would get from a place like Wanga Coast, that can't be so hard to understand?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,445 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Sadly I've come to expect that prominent figures in the WRC will only ever make suggestions that completely undermine the integrity of the sport, while doing nothing to enhance it, purely to serve their own lazy personal interests. They're so regularly completely at odds with what a fan of rallying would want, it's sad but predictable. Ciesla though, while not being the most outrageous of these, is probably the biggest failure of the prominent figures. He's taking the sport nowhere. The core rally 'product' is great now, yet he and Red Bull Media seem to have no ambition, ability or vision for developing the main thing the WRC needs, more mainstream reach and exposure. Instead they're buggering about trying to further water down the 'events' we have...

The basic 'world feed' coverage most broadcasters show is quite soulless, the Red Bull TV coverage is better and presents the WRC more like a mainstream sport, but it's on a channel that nobody watches and even many rally fans don't know about. The official You Tube content is largely lacklustre, almost a token gesture. Live stages and onboards are hidden on WRC+, ironically available free most of the time if you're willing to jump through the hoops to get it. Why not make that content freely accessible to all? Make more coverage available live on Facebook, Twitter and You Tube.

The thing I found most annoying about the 10km stage length idea being pushed is that none of the people in the sport seem to acknowledge that the stage length is completely irrelevant to these important kids with their short attention span's, most don't even have access to compelling coverage of the sport in the first place! When amateur videographers on You Tube get 500k to 1m+ views for their rally footage on You Tube, but the official channel regularly fails to reach 100k with most of their videos, surely Red Bull and Ciesla need to be asking more questions about the way they present the sport.

Saying that, I think the idea of a WRC round in Chile is fine. There seems to be a good local rally scene there and a fan base to serve. It's definitely a better proposition than Turkey or Croatia...
    Direct to the point...sadly it doesn't seem like anyone up there gives a rat ass about everything you just wrote...perhaps they should do a survey like they did back in 2013/4...
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

9. Likes: the sniper (3rd January 2018)
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I find it funny how people argue that Sundays got boring. You know why they did? Because Sundays got shortened. Towards the end of an event often times drivers aren't willing to throw points away. Well guess what, when Saturday evening is the end of a rally drivers will go conservative by Saturday afternoon. In a few years people will advocate one and a half day events and after that they moan how boring Saturdays are and that therefore they should be dropped. This is just silly.
    I think there's a good psychological reason to end Saturday night. Marshals, volunteers and spectators have Sunday to get home and back to work Monday. If necessary start the event properly on Thursday. It's easier to be absent during one week than parts of two.

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Yeh, looks a bit like Wales and NZ. But I thought NZ was totally out of the question financially?
    New Zealand had the required funding Ok then someone came along with a whole lot more Euro and brought their way in over the top of NZ

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    speaking about the coverage, i think no one wont use WRC+ anymore now after they made a deal with Rallysafe

here is a video about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY3EmQi3NVU

and you can see how it works from here, https://app.rallysafe.com.au/Event/PublicView/2483

and they have Monte already on upcoming events https://app.rallysafe.com.au/Event/EventViewer#upcoming

i didnt know anything about it before they announced the deal to work with WRC but i have only seen good words about it.

13. Likes: dnb (6th January 2018)