Page 172 of 212 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2113
    Liked 267 Times in 139 Posts
    M Sport didn't stop during 2014-2015, without sponsors and with minimal support from Ford. Do you really believe they will stop now?

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,348 Times in 2,314 Posts
    Yep, M-Sport is a rally/racing business and WRC is the place to be to promote the other cars they run and SELL (R5, R2's etc).

And anyway I dont see Ogier moving.

3. Likes: pantealex (6th June 2018)
    Liked 44 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Well despite 'excessive amount of crashing' Meeke does have more points than Latvala this year in a car which is probably not as good as the Toyota.

But I don't see Tommi dropping a Finn for Meeke either..
    I don't see Kris going to Toyota either. From what I have read, sordo is not so keen on doing full season anymore.

Paddon might be interested in Citroen, if they are interested in him that would free up a slot at Hyundai for a possible half season. Think that would be Kris' only real opportunity.

As for the whole Meeke excessive amount of crashes statement, given he has scored in 4 out of 6 rallies, crashed because of co driver error, it is only really the Portugal incident this year. Kinda feel Citroen have over reacted. Go to any race track, and there are notices on display, stating that Motorsport is dangerous and death or serious injury can happen. These notices are aimed at spectators, as well as competitors.
    If Citroen are really that worried, they could pack in rally and go do the redbull soapbox series instead. May be a little safer

5. Likes: AndyRAC (6th June 2018),er88 (7th June 2018),gravelman (19th July 2018),KKS (6th June 2018)
    Liked 941 Times in 659 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    As for the whole Meeke excessive amount of crashes statement, given he has scored in 4 out of 6 rallies, crashed because of co driver error, it is only really the Portugal incident this year. Kinda feel Citroen have over reacted.
    That's just excuse for the public. The real reason we'll never know. But considering his "record" this year isn't impressive is it? Ogier has same amount of crashes and still has 3 1st places
    Last edited by stefanvv; 6th June 2018 at 18:25.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,584 Times in 752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    I don't see Kris going to Toyota either. From what I have read, sordo is not so keen on doing full season anymore.

Paddon might be interested in Citroen, if they are interested in him that would free up a slot at Hyundai for a possible half season. Think that would be Kris' only real opportunity.
    It looks like it, but why can’t Toyota also try a shared 3rd car, between Latvala and Meeke? With Tanak as leading driver and Lappi getting more experienced, Latvala chances to become WDC are weakening, no matter how hard he tries. Maybe a shorter programme, providing less pressure and more time to prepare his favourite rallys (like Sordo is now doing) would be good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Exactly. That's why I dont see any point Citroen continuing in 2019 unless they go all out and sign Ogier.
    Without Ogier they still can be competitive if they enter Paddon or Tidemand (or both!) alongside Breen and Ostberg. Above all let’s hope they resist to bring Lefebvre or Camilli…
    Last edited by Rally Power; 6th June 2018 at 19:32.
    Rally addict since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    That's just excuse for the public. The real reason we'll never know. But considering his "record" this year isn't impressive is it? Ogier has same amount of crashes and still has 3 1st places
    Yes, I know it is, pretty much everyone knows it is too which is why it is lame excuse. To be fair to Kris, he's had his share of bad luck, picking up punctures while leading or in podium positions. It's not all his fault, but bad luck does seem to follow him around.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Yes, I know it is, pretty much everyone knows it is too which is why it is lame excuse. To be fair to Kris, he's had his share of bad luck, picking up punctures while leading or in podium positions. It's not all his fault, but bad luck does seem to follow him around.

Liked 2,077 Times in 946 Posts
    In Monte Meeke spun and reversed into a ditch and went into a snowbank. In Sweden again into a snowbank. In Mexico clipped a plant pot and put the car on its side in the ditch. Corsica was Paul's mistake, but then again he's a part of the team and they both were sacked. A bit more than Ogier's small mistake in Portugal. And obviously it's not just this year but all of last year's wrecks.

11. Likes: Allez Andruet (7th June 2018),pantealex (7th June 2018),TWRC (6th June 2018)
    Yes Monte mistake but still a reasonable result and 17 points in the bag. Plant pot cost him what, half a second?
    Pretty much half the field went into a snow bank in Sweden, yes Meeke has made a few mistakes but it's often the case that the punishment didn't fit the crime.

But yes, as a Meeke fan, often watching and waiting for something to happen!

13. Likes: gravelman (19th July 2018)
    Liked 621 Times in 276 Posts