Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mexico '17

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Sorry , dude .

Have a good race .
    Thanks, but it wasn't you...it was Tazio's post (#7) "This has turned into an interesting race."

I received e-m notification of his post, read it and thought I had missed the start.
    "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..." jimclark

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Today has been shambolic by the stewards. Any other person who intentionally drives into his championship rival would get penalised. Then he makes an off track pass.
    Rubbish
    And of course, the gutless wonders that are the Sky commentators take the easy way out and don't call it as it is. We'll know in 15 laps anyway. Don't think Vettel will get the second he needs anyway. If he does Bottas may find a pink slip in his pay cheque.

Every single driver today simply let Vettel past except Alonso.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 29th October 2017 at 21:04.

3. Likes: truefan72 (29th October 2017)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

Every single driver today simply let Vettel past except Alonso.
    They must all be on Ferrari's payroll
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    vindication!
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I love the idea but sadly he just ran wide after contact with Verstappen. I would have done it myself but Seb this time did nothing dirty IMO.

It does Vettel no good to retire or not finish up front.

Just except racing incidents happen. Hamilton will win his title today. Its all good
    Look at Vettels in-car again. He jogged the wheel to the left twice to contact Hamilton.

Reminds of Michael with Damon....
    "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..." jimclark

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    If Vettel wasn't a glaring cheat I wouldn't have to. It's as obvious today as it was in Baku that vettel did that intentionally- contact can happen but not accelerate into a guy like that.

I really don't appreciate how Haas and Sauber drivers are jumping out of the way of the Ferrari's either. This is pure Ferrari assistance and is why I always can't stand them.
    I like F1, Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso and everyone really and believe I have no bias and I don't see it anything like you say.

I also fully admit to being fairly harsh with penalties and that stuff. I fully understand why a driver may do the Schumacher/Senna type of thing in a Championship fight. So I can not be called naive. However I dont see that here. Sorry
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
    Look at Vettels in-car again. He jogged the wheel to the left twice to contact Hamilton.

Yeah he did. I saw it straight away. It was clearly intentionally done. Yet, Stewards bottle it once more. Incredible really, and such an obvious display of bias towards helping Ferrari.

Anyway, it didn't work for the cheating little runt. Never has a driver deserved to lose a championship more than Vettel has this year.

Hamilton I think drove better this year than any other. I don't believe this was the best overall car this year. Even Vettel stated he felt Ferrari was the best car this year.Hamilton made the difference. It just shows how good he is. The only driver in a long time to win with the second best car. Awesome driver! Terrific etiquette and a truly great sportsman.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 29th October 2017 at 22:04.

Quote Originally Posted by jimclark View Post

If he did then fair play and it didnt work. I am hard to shock.

However after contact with Max he clumped the inside kerb and could have had the back end step out as he hit the ground.

We can all give our opinion. Only Vettel knows. Everyone stating fact at me in this argument only have an opinion. No more or less valued than mine.

10. Likes: COD (29th October 2017)
    Yeah he did. I saw it straight away. It was clearly intentionally done. Yet, Stewards bottle it once more. Incredible really, and such an obvious display of bias towards helping Ferrari.

Anyway, it didn't work for the cheating little runt. Never has a driver deserved to lose a championship more than Vettel has this year.

Hamilton I think drove better this year than any other. I don't believe this was the best overall car this year. Even Vettel stated he felt Ferrari was the best car this year.Hamilton made the difference. It just shows how good he is. The only driver in a long time to win with the second best car. Awesome driver! Terrific etiquette and a truly great aportsman.
    Senna taking Prost out at turn 1?

Looking at a TV angle and giving an opinion does not make it fact. Anyway good season, good battle and well deserved World Champion. Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Senna taking Prost out at turn 1?

Looking at a TV angle and giving an opinion does not make it fact. Anyway good season, good battle and well deserved World Champion. Great stuff
    Something I think Senna should have not alone been banned for but the ban should have been a permanent one.

Agree, it was a great season and the best driver and team won.

13. Likes: steveaki13 (29th October 2017)