Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts

15º Rally Legend 19-22 October 2017 Repubblica di San Marino

Hey,
    This will be my first visit to the event, and I have a few questions in regards.
    First off, how does it work exactly? how many stages are there and where are they located?
    Second, I just saw the prices of the tickets and I was wondering, how can I buy them online? each time I go to tickets (in the website itself) it just shows me the prices of the tickets. Do any of you guys have an idea of how I can purchase these?
    Third, where would you recommend staying at the time of the event? San Marino itself or somewhere nearby?
    Thanks for all the help!!
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Hey guys, I opened this thread last week & I see a lot of you have seen it but haven't replied, would be nice to at least know where would you recommend to stay during the weekend 'cause I haven't found any accommodation in San-Marino itself.

Liked 41 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Hey guys, I opened this thread last week & I see a lot of you have seen it but haven't replied, would be nice to at least know where would you recommend to stay during the weekend 'cause I haven't found any accommodation in San-Marino itself.
    I was there in 2015. Nice event with a lot of awesome cars and quite a lot of spectators. We were staying in Rimini which is full of hotels and restaurants with good prices at that time of the year. It is only about 20 km from Rimini to Serravalle although roads can be very very busy. We didn't buy any tickets online, it is easy to buy them in service park.

Quote Originally Posted by tpt010 View Post

I was there in 2015. Nice event with a lot of awesome cars and quite a lot of spectators. We were staying in Rimini which is full of hotels and restaurants with good prices at that time of the year. It is only about 20 km from Rimini to Serravalle although roads can be very very busy. We didn't buy any tickets online, it is easy to buy them in service park.
    Thanks and where are the stages located? how far away are they (if at all) from San Marino?

Liked 87 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Thanks and where are the stages located? how far away are they (if at all) from San Marino?
    It is hard to believe, but all stages are located in the terriory of San Marino (the state not the City)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello Eli,

I've been there for the 5 last years.
    If you are interrested, I can give you some informations.
    Just contact me by MP.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Did it last year and stayed in Riccione. Really not hard to drive in from there, although the road gets wadded up a bit due to the traffic lights taking 5mins to switch.

Like tpt010 said just buy your pass at the entry to the service park - it's really easy. It's possible to walk to I think three of the stages from service park. It really is very compact. If you go on Rally-Maps.com and look for last year's stages I doubt they will have changed.

Just be aware that if you want to go to the busy 'YouTube famous' places you'll need to get there quite early. Almost all the stage onboards are available on YouTube. It's easy to cross-reference them with maps and places you like on YouTube.

I just hope you get better weather than last year - https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...57675072849385

Untitled by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

8. Likes: Fabz (16th October 2017),spark13 (1st September 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdobbelina View Post
    Hello Eli,

I've been there for the 5 last years.
    If you are interrested, I can give you some informations.
    Just contact me by MP.
    MP? I'll gladly be interested in more details about the event.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I'm sorry Eli, although I'm italian I've never been there and I don't know how I can help. Some friend of mine went to Rimini's hotels which are nice and not far from the stages.

I don't know how much is worth to go this year actually. There will be too many people for less kms, plus all the world champions that will go there for McRae memorial will not compete but will just make a "parade".

I also didn't swallow what they have done last year when they accused a rally driver to kill a person who actually was in a dangerous place because of bad organization of space and management of the crowd by the organization. That man is still investigated by the authorities.

Anyway, I hope you will have a great time!
    Last edited by AL14; 5th October 2017 at 16:31.

Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I'm sorry Eli, although I'm italian I've never been there and I don't know how I can help. Some friend of mine went to Rimini's hotels which are nice and not far from the stages.

I don't know how much is worth to go this year actually. There will be too many people for less kms, plus all the world champions that will go there for McRae memorial will not compete but will just make a "parade".

I also didn't swallow what they have done last year when they accused a rally driver to kill a person who actually was in a dangerous place because of bad organization of space and management of the crowd by the organization. That man is still investigated by the authorities.

Anyway, I hope you will have a great time!
    Too late now, I'm on my way...how does it work exactly in terms of when the stages are being run, etc. I mean, this isn't like any WRC rally right?