Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cool Formula E Revolution Is Happening Sooner Than Expected

I was fortunate enough to witness the final round of Season 1, which took place at Battersea Park in London, and truth be told, the experience was a bit underwhelming. The cars lack the audible presence of their fossil-fueled counterparts and this, in turn, gives you the perception of the cars being slower than they actually are. The other shocking and frankly ridiculous bit about the series is the fact that the drivers need to swap cars at some point during the race. The reason for this is the fact that the battery on offer is insufficient to power the cars through an entire race, this issue though will be rectified by the 2019-2020 season when McLaren Applied Technologies provide teams with a new 54 kWh battery. In present time though, you still can’t help but wonder what you’re watching, when a driver pulls into the pit and jumps into a second car. Moving away from the criticisms a few things I was impressed with was the manner in which the cars accelerate (they do 0-60 in about 3 seconds) and the ease at with I was able to get to the venue given that the race was being run in downtown London. The latter is probably Formula E’s biggest selling point as running a motor race in the heart of a major city is something that will appeal to both fans and sponsors as the series gets bigger.

You can read more on the Formula E Revolution Here

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I don't know about whether we should be happy about the fact that a Formula E car will be able to ride through the whole race without swapping its battery (or the whole car), or if we should cry. If you told a whole bunch of Formula 1 fans that the next season the cars need to run on the same set of tires the whole race, and without refueling, then most of them would be disappointed because this takes the team strategy out of the game. Taking out the strategy out of the game, takes out the very little unpredictability that's still left in the game.