Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Turkey 2018

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,440
    Like
    107
    Liked 561 Times in 274 Posts
    Matt, be more optimistic. Still a long time to go till the event is supposed to run next year.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

  2. #12
    Senior Member nafpaktos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nafpaktos,Greece
    Posts
    847
    Like
    545
    Liked 199 Times in 123 Posts
    Yes there is no stability in Turkey this moment,but i dont think there will be any problem to that area.as far as i know the coastal cities are safe.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

  3. #13
    Senior Member GigiGalliNo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,866
    Like
    29
    Liked 253 Times in 154 Posts
    I’m optimistic!

    I’m going! Haha

    I have no issues with going
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

  4. Likes: steve.mandzij (15th October 2017)
  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    310
    Like
    129
    Liked 95 Times in 51 Posts
    Will be there from Wednesday, who else? PN

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,156
    Like
    21
    Liked 133 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    Yes there is no stability in Turkey this moment,but i dont think there will be any problem to that area.as far as i know the coastal cities are safe.
    There was a bus bombing in Izmir of prison guards back in August. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN1BB0HU
    Izmir is 260 km from Marmaris where the world rally is to be held.
    The reality in travelling to most countries is you are more likely to be involved in a traffic accident, or local everyday thugs, camera/ thieves, pick pockets etc than a terrorist incident.
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 15th October 2017 at 21:20.

  7. Likes: JUF (22nd October 2017)
  8. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    770
    Like
    2,869
    Liked 336 Times in 190 Posts
    Wow, I'm super disappointed. I was one of Rally Turkey's biggest defenders, but a recent article on WRC.com just stated that after a Friday ceremonial start only 13 stages would be run on days two and day three. What kind of shit Corsican rally is this?!

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  9. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    179
    Like
    86
    Liked 175 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    There was a bus bombing in Izmir of prison guards back in August. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN1BB0HU
    Izmir is 260 km from Marmaris where the world rally is to be held.
    The reality in travelling to most countries is you are more likely to be involved in a traffic accident, or local everyday thugs, camera/ thieves, pick pockets etc than a terrorist incident.
    This is absolutely true. If I would travel to Turkey I wouldn't fear a terrorist attack. These happen very rarely. But what I would fear is that I get imprisoned arbitrarily. You never know which reason they find to arrest you. Moreover, the question arises if a country should get a WRC round when its president acts like a dictator and doesn't care about human rights (same question with China last year).

  10. Likes: skarderud (22nd October 2017),WRC1 (23rd October 2017)
  11. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    310
    Like
    129
    Liked 95 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Wow, I'm super disappointed. I was one of Rally Turkey's biggest defenders, but a recent article on WRC.com just stated that after a Friday ceremonial start only 13 stages would be run on days two and day three.
    Its FIA Balkan Trophy and national champ by this year 200km stages and 600km total. They will have a WRC event next year, that doesnt mean they have to have all ready now. But plans and planned stages are wonderful, you might even get a jeep safari or boat trip to the spectator points near the beaches. We are here since 4 days and feel very welcome and safe

  12. Likes: AnttiL (22nd October 2017),omer yetis (22nd October 2017),pantealex (22nd October 2017),Rally Power (23rd October 2017)
  13. #19
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,214
    Like
    2,048
    Liked 2,077 Times in 946 Posts
    exactly. WRC rallies have a minimum length of 300 kms, but rallies of national level or other international series are rarely that long.

  14. Likes: pantealex (22nd October 2017)
  15. #20

  16. Likes: steve.mandzij (22nd October 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •