Page 120 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1226

Thread: Turkey 2018

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

2. Likes: Eli (17th September 2018),pantealex (17th September 2018),the sniper (17th September 2018),TWRC (18th September 2018)
    copied from French forum

Thierry Neuville tackles Ford and Ogier: "It gets a little heavy, their tactics"

Thierry Neuville perfectly accomplished his Sunday mission by winning, yesterday, the 5 bonus points of the ultimate Power Stage. "We drove absolutely," he exclaimed, pleased with himself, but was also upset about the attitude of Ogier and Ford.

He has not yet digested his abandonment the day before while leading the Rally Turkey: "We deserved to win here, we had prepared very well.We were the strongest, but a mechanical element in decided otherwise, we win together and we lose together ... "

Less than twenty-four hours after a left front suspension spring was passed through the hood of his Hyundai, Thierry gave us the reasons for the technical failure that cost him very big points. "One element of the shock absorber has unscrewed with shocks, not the fault of Hyundai but of our subcontractor (Editor's note: the company Ext)."

In the end, despite his withdrawal, the Belgian is still doing well by losing only 10 units, less than half of his advantage which remains 23 units on Seb Ogier and now 13 on Ott Tanak: "This could have been worse indeed, thanks to Seb for his mistake, we can see that he was not focused on the images, and now M-Sport has allowed him to recover a point by sacrificing Evans, who is starting to get some. This shows that Seb is afraid of not being able to gain his own strength.They do us honor, and I am convinced that if it is lost for him, he will prefer to help his friend Tanak for me not to be a champion. "

For his part, Hayden Paddon (3rd) and Andreas Mikkelsen (5th) have not been of any help for our compatriot. "I was hoping they would push a bit further into the Power Stage to at least take points in Tanak, the Estonian called me a cuckold in Germany, but what about him here? scratch (Editor's note: The Estonian actually signed two) when Ogier and I spun on Friday night. "

Bitter, Thierry Neuville balance. But claims to have as many chances of being crowned at the end of the year as before the Turkish event: "75%, that has not changed, we will be in England, we are going to have trouble in Spain. Australia, we will be competitive there too, but because of the sweeping phenomenon there, I would prefer to go to the championship final with 5 points behind 5 and to open the road on Friday. "

We are not there yet. There are still three races, 90 points to hand out and we now know that none of the three drivers started in the title race will be crowned in Wales in three weeks.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I cannot blame Neuville for being annoyed, to do this on one event its ok but ford is doing it all the time... maybe its in the mentality of the team to be both losers and cheaters... who knows.

cant stop laughing watching this clip

https://twitter.com/fernischumi/stat...85986134847490

6. Likes: AL14 (17th September 2018),br21 (18th September 2018),dupanton (17th September 2018),EstWRC (17th September 2018),Gregor-y (17th September 2018),MartijnS (17th September 2018),Micke_VOC (19th September 2018),N.O.T (17th September 2018),pantealex (17th September 2018),Raceman (18th September 2018),Rallyper (18th September 2018),the sniper (17th September 2018),Timmy (18th September 2018),tr4m (18th September 2018),TWRC (18th September 2018)
    Citroen team principal Pierre Budar told Autosport: "We can confirm there was a leak in exhaust gas from the catalytic converter, but after that we don't know.
    "We cannot talk more about what might have happened, because simply we don't know and the car was too badly damaged.
    "We will investigate further when we get it back to the factory this week, but for now all we can say is that we had a failure with the catalytic converter - that much we do know."
    Breen described the moments after the fire caught, and thanked rally winner Ott Tanak for trying to help.
    "It's a heart-breaker," Breen told Autosport.
    "I couldn't believe it, it just went so quickly.
    "Ott was first there and as soon as I saw him I thought: 'He knows what it's like, he's the right man...' after he managed to save his car when it went up in Portugal a couple of years ago.
    "Without a second thought, he gave us his extinguisher, which is a pretty big thing because it could potentially have compromised his event - but that's the kind of guy Ott is.
    "Neither of the extinguishers touched it and in the end Ott had to pull me away from trying to chuck bottles of water on the thing. It was unbelievable."
    Breen admitted he thought the situation was under control when he reached the end of the stage and the smoke had gone.
    "We turned it into 'road' mode and that knocks the anti-lag off the turbo, so instantly the turbo's running a lot, lot cooler," he explained.
    "With the heat of the event and everything, I thought we had burned through a heat shield or something like that."
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...estroying-fire

8. Likes: sonnybobiche (18th September 2018)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Ogier saying almost exactly what I did about his crash:

"Maybe the energy I used in the morning contributed to a certain lack of clarity, but the bottom line is that, between two very tight corners, I didn't take in one of Julien's pacenotes, I braked too late and we slid into a tree at 5kph.

"In 99% of cases this wouldn't have mattered at all, but that ground was very soft, so that the car sank into it as soon as I tried to move forwards."

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    copied from French forum

Bitter, Thierry Neuville balance. But claims to have as many chances of being crowned at the end of the year as before the Turkish event: "75%, that has not changed, we will be in England, we are going to have trouble in Spain. Australia, we will be competitive there too, but because of the sweeping phenomenon there, I would prefer to go to the championship final with 5 points behind 5 and to open the road on Friday. "
    As he says in GB and Australia he should be able to fight for the win, with road sweeping mostly important in Australia.

But Spain is the key, he will likely still sweep the road on friday and unless a miracle happens with the new parts coming before Spain he won't have a chance on tarmac.
    He can hope that Loeb will take the win (helped by road position on Friday) and take the 25 points from Ogier/Tanak.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    As he says in GB and Australia he should be able to fight for the win, with road sweeping mostly important in Australia.

But Spain is the key, he will likely still sweep the road on friday and unless a miracle happens with the new parts coming before Spain he won't have a chance on tarmac.
    He can hope that Loeb will take the win (helped by road position on Friday) and take the 25 points from Ogier/Tanak.
    sweeping is not THAT important... he won from the front in Sardegnia and was leading in turkey after the sweeping stages... if he wants to be champion he must learn to win from the front.. Loeb did it all the time.

starting from the front is more of an excuse than a real reason to lose a rally apart from some rare cases.

plus running first or 2nd is not a huge difference... roads start to clear after 4-5 cars.

12. Likes: AL14 (17th September 2018),dimviii (17th September 2018),pantealex (17th September 2018),Rallyper (18th September 2018),sonnybobiche (18th September 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Ogier saying almost exactly what I did about his crash:

"Maybe the energy I used in the morning contributed to a certain lack of clarity, but the bottom line is that, between two very tight corners, I didn't take in one of Julien's pacenotes, I braked too late and we slid into a tree at 5kph.

"In 99% of cases this wouldn't have mattered at all, but that ground was very soft, so that the car sank into it as soon as I tried to move forwards."
    While the off itself was a bit of bad luck you can question his tactics in that stage. At that point he was 4th, 8s behind Latvala, 9.8 behind Tanak and 46 behind Mikkelsen.
    During the two morning stages without issues he beat Latvala by 50s, Tanak by 34s and Mikkelsen by 29s. Second run trough stages typically gives smaller gaps.

So he should have little issues catching Latvala and Tanak, while Mikkelsen would require maximum risk. Also at this point lots of cars already had issues including himself.

The Ogier of 2017 would have slowed down a bit, instead he seemingly went in about same speed as before, up on Tanak by 6s on last split before crash (half way trough stage). Like in germany on Saturday, he seems to have lost his cool calculated approach.

14. Likes: cali (18th September 2018),dimviii (17th September 2018),pantealex (17th September 2018),steve.mandzij (17th September 2018),TWRC (18th September 2018)
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Y
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    sweeping is not THAT important... he won from the front in Sardegnia and was leading in turkey after the sweeping stages... if he wants to be champion he must learn to win from the front.. Loeb did it all the time.

starting from the front is more of an excuse than a real reason to lose a rally apart from some rare cases.

plus running first or 2nd is not a huge difference... roads start to clear after 4-5 cars.
    Finally some smart words from N.O.T!! Totally agree....