Page 58 of 124 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey 2018

Liked 69 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Hayden saying he's consigned to playing the backup role. Interesting team dynamics there. On one hand you'd think he might be pushing to get a full championship deal elsewhere. Or does he think this is the way to lock down a seat at Hyundai for next year?
    He has often been forced to tow the team line. For example, using the same setup as the lead cars or using older generations of equipment.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 1,159 Times in 635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Hayden saying he's consigned to playing the backup role. Interesting team dynamics there. On one hand you'd think he might be pushing to get a full championship deal elsewhere. Or does he think this is the way to lock down a seat at Hyundai for next year?
    It's likely this happened after the first loop in the morning. With Mikkelsen first at that point and Neuville ahead of him it's likely.

Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Could be for Bill Gwynne who died recently.
    That would be nice. Bill was a close family friend and I shall be seeing his family soon, I shall let them know in case that's what it is.

Liked 9,484 Times in 4,317 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turves View Post
    That would be nice. Bill was a close family friend and I shall be seeing his family soon, I shall let them know in case that's what it is.
    if i am remember right,its for Michael Park memory.

5. Likes: cali (14th September 2018),Mirek (14th September 2018)
    Liked 490 Times in 268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    The last two stages from Ogier and Neuville are what separates the best from the pretenders.
    I can remember Neuville and Ogier participating on every rally just like everyone else... finishing far behind for some reasons of their own as well.

Liked 1,848 Times in 855 Posts
    Another great Neuville/Ogier fight. At this pace their cars won’t probably hold till the end; for the championship sake I hope the Fiesta won’t be the first to break.
    Rally addict since 1982

8. Likes: AnttiL (14th September 2018)
    Liked 424 Times in 232 Posts
    Nice first day in Turkey! I'm really loving this old style rally, where 16 seconds is a matter of a stage or two worth of a difference. We've got at least an outsider chance at a four way battle for the lead, and realistically anybody can win from lucky punctures and failures.

10. Likes: aykutbilir (14th September 2018),Sulland (14th September 2018)
    Liked 9,484 Times in 4,317 Posts
    "The two drivers who started first on the road are in the lead the first night: it's a surprise, but we knew a lot could happen because of the rough conditions. a few drivers also stopped during the afternoon, I do not feel I have increased the pace in the long afternoon special, "said Ogier.

And the French driver, champion of the world in title, to engage: "The truth is that we miss a bit of speed.It is not possible to follow if others add a little. It's not easy, but we fight, the race can be won on something other than speed, we still have our chances, we'll have to take risks, for sure, but also a bit of success. tension is exciting, it's nice to have battles. "
    https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...es?id=10019332

Liked 1,159 Times in 635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Nice first day in Turkey! I'm really loving this old style rally, where 16 seconds is a matter of a stage or two worth of a difference. We've got at least an outsider chance at a four way battle for the lead, and realistically anybody can win from lucky punctures and failures.
    Yes I like it as well. 10s up one stage 10s down next. It's probably a combination of a new rally and conditions though. With new rally (and without onboards from before) drivers couldn't just learn every corner by watching video for 3 weeks like it is on other rallies.

13. Likes: steve.mandzij (14th September 2018)
    Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts
    expect Tanak to be very fast tomorrow ..