Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey 2018

Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Please go away from this forum.

what a stupid answer again
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (6th September 2018),joannano (6th September 2018),JUF (4th September 2018),KKS (6th September 2018),N.O.T (7th September 2018),steve.mandzij (4th September 2018)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Does anyone know if the 100 euro VIP pass worth it? Or any of the other stage passes?

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    Does anyone know if the 100 euro VIP pass worth it? Or any of the other stage passes?
    At $100 the value seems good, but nobody knows since this is the first time the rally is being hosted in Marmaris. The Daca boat stage seems to be a cool idea if it pans out well. They also say free alcohol for VIP members. Not sure what this means. The description is a little vague, but when you compare to Finland where the VIP packages are well over $100 just for one stage, the Turkey deal seems great.

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    That was Portugal.
    Ah yes, Sardinia was where just a heavy landing damaged the cooling.

Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raini View Post
    Ukraine WRC sounds good anyway regardless what Gs You have. Question is what region have the best (maybe unique) roads?
    Historically the best rally road located at west in Karpaty mountains. Most of national rally events located there. Before well-known situation, we have a rally to be candidate-rally for WRC in plans - Aleksandrov rally . Only now championship start to grow again, and hopefully in some years we will have another candidate event for ERC/WRC

Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    I also liked Yalta Rally back in the IRC days. But unfortunately Russia had to annex Crimea...

8. Likes: KKS (11th September 2018),waltran (10th September 2018)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have never spectated a rally event before. I really wanted to go in Poland back in 2016 but i was scared, didn't know what to do, then again a few times in local rallies in Turkey but now WRC is in Turkey since i am Turkish and in Turkey i already bought plane tickets and accomodation for Marmaris but i don't own a car, so i still don't know how am i supposed to go rally stages. They are really far away from each other. Can someone with the experience give tips? How do you go to rally stages, rent a car? I don't really know how to drive a car either...
    Last edited by waltran; 10th September 2018 at 09:36.

10. Likes: aykutbilir (12th September 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waltran View Post
    I have never spectated a rally event before. I really wanted to go in Poland back in 2016 but i was scared, didn't know what to do, then again a few times in local rallies in Turkey but now WRC is in Turkey since i am Turkish and in Turkey i already bought plane tickets and accomodation for Marmaris but i don't own a car, so i still don't know how am i supposed to go rally stages. They are really far away from each other. Can someone with the experience give tips? How do you go to rally stages, rent a car? I don't really know how to drive a car either...
    I've never tried it before but I think some rallies do have a shuttle bus service out to stages from service. I had a quick look on the website but couldn't see anything sadly. But worth double checking. If you have a driving license and you've already paid to head over then I think you're going to need to rent a car. Just look at the maps on the website, pick a stage and then find where that is on an actual map. I drop a pin on my phone which can get you exactly where you need to be, versus a postcode on a satnav. Some events are well signposted, for others it's not existent. Don't know how busy it will be in Turkey but aim to get there 90mins early possibly.

I can't think of any other sport that is as hard or demands as much of its spectators than rallying. But it's worth it.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

12. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (12th September 2018),the sniper (10th September 2018),waltran (10th September 2018),WRC1 (10th September 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    In addition to a car, motorbike or in some cases bicycle could also work, or be even better. Be prepared to also walk a relatively long distance from the parking place to the spot where you spectate the rally. And some of that walking might be outside a proper road, so have good shoes with you. And also pack some food and drink to go, because there might not be anything available at the particular place.

14. Likes: pantealex (10th September 2018),Rallyper (10th September 2018),waltran (10th September 2018)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waltran View Post

Actually, here you can see several stages very close to icmeler, there is very good and cheap taxi connection between Icmeler and Marmaris, or you can even walk.
    So, minimum programme is that there is city stage in Marmaris, Powerstage (14_17), Shakedown, Service and SS10_13 are all biking or even hiking distance from Marmaris. For other stages (SS2, 5, 16), you can use small taxis that travel between towns (Gökce town) and again, you can actually walk to the stages with some effort. But be aware of very hot weather, everybody, take a lot of drink, +35 is note a joke.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

16. Likes: AnttiL (11th September 2018),cali (11th September 2018),EstWRC (10th September 2018),KKS (11th September 2018),pantealex (11th September 2018),waltran (10th September 2018),WRC1 (10th September 2018)