Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
I agree with Mirek. If there is such a great driving pleasure and excitement, why do those survival rallies always have the worst entry lists (usually 30-40 crews)?
Entry lists are affected by many factors. Logistics of transport and country's financial condition are the most important. Greece, Turkey and Cyprus are very far from the center of Europe, so the logistics are much harder. Also, the condition of their economy is very far from good. However, 65 participants in this year's Acropolis (including locals of course) is not a small number, especially if you consider the awful condition of Greek economy. Surely they are less than the 120 participants fifteen years ago, but the number is not small for the current conditions.
I am not going to try to persuade anyone about what I said. Take a small car and participate in such a rally and you will see what I mean. Personally I prefer Acropolis than all softer rallies here in Greece. And I am sad that I don't have a car that can participate in Turkey next year.