Page 13 of 123 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey 2018

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    I looked at my wife, laughed and then told her 5 star food in most parts of Britannia is about 2.2 in the rest of the world besides America where it's probably a 2.5. I've lived on both countries FYI.

What utter crap.
    its the same with many things in the UK.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    its the same with many things in the UK.
    where would you prefer to live and why not live there? (I am assuming you're not held captive here and you choose to live here).

3. Likes: pantealex (11th September 2018)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    It's almost 8km to service from Marmaris. I'm here now and it was hot today, but only for 2-4 hour window. The evenings are pleasant.

The area is full of British and a mix of Germans, Lebanese and Ukrainians. Every restaurant serves English and Scottish breakfast. It's a complete tourist trap. We walked into a restaurant while a couple was leaving and they said it was the best meal they've had. I looked at my wife, laughed and then told her 5 star food in most parts of Britannia is about 2.2 in the rest of the world besides America where it's probably a 2.5. I've lived on both countries FYI.

I would never come here to vacation, but I sure hope the rally is fun. I have no clue how they are going to organize the city stage. It was crowded as f@ck when we arrived and very very tight. I think the viewing for non VIP spectators will be pure crap. Besides horrible western food and crowded streets with fat drunken tourists, it should be fun.

Oh and we got some showers in the evening yesterday for a good 30-40 mins even though the weather gods said it was completely sunny with zero change of rain...

Bluuford you must be miserable eating here. Estonia has some amazing cuisine..
    No worries, we are in Icmeler, more quiet place and hotel has some OK food as well. And we get food 3 times /day in service
    There are no wtaresplashes on stages, it has not rained on the stages for a month, nearby, yes. Some roads are really good, some look good but I assume that slow sections cut-up like hell as they are soft like pancake. SS2 is a proper-proper challange. There is everything... apart from watersplashes :P

I would say that tyres are key factor here
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

5. Likes: Allez Andruet (11th September 2018),AnttiL (11th September 2018),aykutbilir (12th September 2018),b3637853 (12th September 2018),br21 (11th September 2018),cali (11th September 2018),dimviii (11th September 2018),EstWRC (11th September 2018),KKS (11th September 2018),pantealex (11th September 2018),Rally Hokkaido (12th September 2018),steve.mandzij (12th September 2018),the sniper (11th September 2018)
    Liked 15 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    I will be on:

SSS
    Cicekli 1
    Ula 2
    Datca 1
    Icmeler 2
    PS

Can’t wait! I have not watched a WRC event from close since Rallye Deutschland 2017!
    I guess you will go with travel sports . We will travel together !! Right????

Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Right!!
    See you in the airport at 07.00!

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Really need to get out more in the UK. We have world class cuisine all over the country most of which isn't produced by imported talent. True there is a certain percentage of our population as in other countries that are prepared to eat shite however please don't tar us all with the same brush..
    Don't get me wrong it is easily possible to get very good food in almost every mid-sized town in the UK. It's just that lot of the food considered "good" ( meaning decent), does not qualify s such in other countries.
    This is most visible in reviews of restaurants outside of UK written by britisk ppl.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Food critics, move over to the bar please, there is a rally about to start

10. Likes: cali (11th September 2018),EstWRC (11th September 2018),pantealex (12th September 2018),tr4m (12th September 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    No worries, we are in Icmeler, more quiet place and hotel has some OK food as well. And we get food 3 times /day in service
    There are no wtaresplashes on stages, it has not rained on the stages for a month, nearby, yes. Some roads are really good, some look good but I assume that slow sections cut-up like hell as they are soft like pancake. SS2 is a proper-proper challange. There is everything... apart from watersplashes :P

I would say that tyres are key factor here
    Actually Toyota team told me today tires are the easiest as far as choice goes, but tire maintenance will be key. Everyone will be on hard compounds

Yes the water splashes are completely dry and have been swept. What I meant was due to the fact that the water splashes areas are paved and lower they will collect rocks and stones naturally.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    where would you prefer to live and why not live there? (I am assuming you're not held captive here and you choose to live here).
    I do not live in the UK anymore, spend more than 10 years there... i cannot say why i do not want to live there because i am going to be banned.

I would like to live in Alaska if i had the choice or Mississippi. From European places Poland or Czech Republic.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    I do not live in the UK anymore, spend more than 10 years there... i cannot say why i do not want to live there because i am going to be banned.

I would like to live in Alaska if i had the choice or Mississippi. From European places Poland or Czech Republic.
    Fair enough NOT. Sounds like you did something naughty.
    Also sounds like you’re into frozen seal.