Page 104 of 123 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1226

Thread: Turkey 2018

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Yeah, that's why Dakar cars break all the time. Enduro bikes too. That's why most winners of either usually walk to the finish line.

If you don't want to watch, take your complaints and watch tennis or something.

In the meanwhile, let us who don't mind enjoy the event. Thank you kindly.
    the difference is that enduro bikes and dakar cars are made to withstand punishemnt...

modern rally cars are build around speed because all events apart from one are based on speed... and the stupid organisers make them do a worthless event... i doubt their development would be around to tackle a single event...

back to school now kid.

2. Likes: aykutbilir (16th September 2018)
    Liked 240 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Guys do You also have wrong time in forum? It's 27 minutes late for me.
    Did see that today when was reading some posts in the app tapatalk and the newest post was always 27 min away...
    R.I.P Colin Mcrae - The hero for me... Twitter: @MickeLindh

Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    Neuville stated his issue was not caused by the rough roads (on Friday) as all the parts were replaced in service before Saturdays stage.

As for Ogier, the off was the smallest of mistakes that 99/100 you would drive off undamaged in seconds.

Really bad luck for both of them.

I also agree with those saying the rally is not a problem and happy to have it to add to the variety the WRC should provide.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    As for Ogier, the off was the smallest of mistakes that 99/100 you would drive off undamaged in seconds.
    It's still his second retirement crash of the year. Neuville has 0, quite a change from last year.

Btw. Henning Solberg claims Ogier was putting some parts in wrong and he had to explain him how to do it properly during the repair.

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (16th September 2018)
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    It's still his second retirement crash of the year. Neuville has 0, quite a change from last year.

Btw. Henning Solberg claims Ogier was putting some parts in wrong and he had to explain him how to do it properly during the repair.
    haha maybe Ogier is not quite the mechanic we were led to believe I wonder what would the driver-as-mechanic ranking be among current crop? We know that Ott has worked as car mechanic in past, so probably he would be quite high in this ranking too.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    haha maybe Ogier is not quite the mechanic we were led to believe I wonder what would the driver-as-mechanic ranking be among current crop? We know that Ott has worked as car mechanic in past, so probably he would be quite high in this ranking too.
    Meeke probably had some knowledge, but I reckon Latvala or Miikka must be at the very top of the workmanship standings.

On an unrelated note, I'm very excited about this rally. It's exciting to see an endurance race once again, even if it means few WRC cars at the end. It's a proper race against everything and was sorely missed in the WRC. However...

I'm against this rally counting towards JWRC. WRC drivers are more experienced and their cars much stronger than the R2 cars. For a junior title to be decided by luck, especially when in a championship where, with so few rallies, every rally counts, is almost cruel when you consider that many of the young drivers have placed their career hopes on a JWRC season. I'd have much rather put a rally decided on pace as their finale.

9. Likes: AndyRAC (16th September 2018),dupanton (17th September 2018)
    Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts
    I know some of you guys don't like the fact that this rally is so rough. However, Imho it just goes to show, how the cars these days, as evolved as they are in terms of speed they have lost some of their ability to endure tough conditions such as the ones we see here in Turkey. If you look at the Ford Focus & Citroën C4 from 10 years ago and even the Polo back in 2013 (the last year to have Greece) they were quite robust. I think it's safe to say that these new generation of cars are based more on speed and who can blame them when you have only one harsh car breaker rally such as this. With all due respect to Sardegna and Mexico, both still aren't as tough as here or Acropolis or Cyprus and I'm not even gonna mention the fact that Safari might join in less than 2 years time....
    One last thing, as someone here mentioned, the drivers themselves a part from Ogier, Sordo, Latvala, Ostberg aren't used to these type of tough & rough events.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

11. Likes: AndyRAC (16th September 2018),aykutbilir (16th September 2018),Fast Eddie WRC (16th September 2018),Sulland (16th September 2018)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    I'm against this rally counting towards JWRC. WRC drivers are more experienced and their cars much stronger than the R2 cars. For a junior title to be decided by luck, especially when in a championship where, with so few rallies, every rally counts, is almost cruel when you consider that many of the young drivers have placed their career hopes on a JWRC season. I'd have much rather put a rally decided on pace as their finale.
    I agree, Spain or GB would have been a better/fairer choice, particularly with it being the final JWRC round, but I've got to say that the current positions look pretty representative of the cream of the crop rising to the top. You talk about luck, but the top three in the rally currently are three of the top tenders in the championship, particularly when it comes to gravel...
    Last edited by the sniper; 16th September 2018 at 03:42.

13. Likes: steve.mandzij (16th September 2018),Sulland (16th September 2018)
    Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

Really bad luck for both of them.
    Now you are just trolling with this Ogier stuff.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    Now you are just trolling with this Ogier stuff.
    Krissucool, have you seen Ogier’s off?

16. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (16th September 2018)