Page 20 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey 2018

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    speed has nothing to do with breaking the car on those stupid roads...

Yet I reckon the Safari would be even rougher, but most would love to see that return. The championship rounds are too similar. It's a good thing that the drivers have to drive to the conditions a little more, makes it more interesting.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (13th September 2018)
    Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post

Yet I reckon the Safari would be even rougher, but most would love to see that return. The championship rounds are too similar. It's a good thing that the drivers have to drive to the conditions a little more, makes it more interesting.
    Yes! This is one of the important aspects of rally for me.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts

Modern WRC = sprint events and flat out speed....then when we get an event which is a bit different, things can happen.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Modern WRC = sprint events and flat out speed....then when we get an event which is a bit different, things can happen.
    That's my point... It's about time we had it mixed up a bit.

I was just wondering why N.O.T. was complaining about the roads and I maybe assumed, probably wrongly, that he would welcome the Safari back...

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I would welcome a safari like rally back because its a totally different event and the cars are also modified to an extent...

but to have a modern rally format event with just rough roads is stupid... its just a matter of luck who retires and who wins when there are stones everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    I would welcome a safari like rally back because its a totally different event and the cars are also modified to an extent...

but to have a modern rally format event with just rough roads is stupid... its just a matter of luck who retires and who wins when there are stones everywhere.
    NOT, you've been around to know this isn't going to come down to luck. I really don't think they are going to just go flat out at it. It will add an element of skill and endurance that we've been waiting a long time for. Yeah, I get the cars aren't modified, but the drivers will just have to deal with it.

8. Likes: Sch17 (13th September 2018)
    Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    NOT, you've been around to know this isn't going to come down to luck. I really don't think they are going to just go flat out at it. It will add an element of skill and endurance that we've been waiting a long time for. Yeah, I get the cars aren't modified, but the drivers will just have to deal with it.
    If you have loose rocks on road, then it will always be a luck. Whatever speed you drive or careful are. And no one waits for endurance events. There are different series for that.

10. Likes: Rallyper (13th September 2018)
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    @SaariJarno
    Following Following @SaariJarno
    More
    In #RallyTurkey you really need good luck to avoid punctures!
    Marked tyre on left is from @TeemuSuninenRac after puncture on SD. Tyre on right is from @SebOgier's Fiesta with no puncture

https://twitter.com/SaariJarno/statu...92347080937472

#8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: aykutbilir (13th September 2018),Micke_VOC (13th September 2018),pantealex (13th September 2018)
    Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    If you dont like Rally Turkey, tough. You can always go and find something else to do and let the rest of us enjoy it.

But it will be exciting and dramatic so I bet none of you will...

14. Likes: aykutbilir (13th September 2018),pantealex (13th September 2018),Sch17 (13th September 2018)
    Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    I was in Turkey two times, on Bosphorus Rally near Istanbul. And I must say I liked the stages a lot. I dont think it was so rough like this ones...

16. Likes: aykutbilir (13th September 2018)