Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRC7

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

WRC7

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Moved into a new and separate thread!
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cant wait for it. Looking much better than Dirt 4 TBH.

Liked 112 Times in 41 Posts
    I have big doubts. There is an video with Lefebvre driving in Argentina online.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZF6OLlzbw
    On the first view the graphics looks good, but look on the stones, they seem to float over the ground.
    There is a big question mark also about the physics, even by applying handbrake the car doesn´t oversteer at all. And listen to the robot (codriver), hard to imagine to get in a nice flow.

This time at least I will not preorder, the dirt4 disaster teached me to wait, in the meanwhile I still have some fun with dirt Rally.

Liked 64 Times in 36 Posts
    I found this review: https://lemagjeuxhightech.com/test-d...veautes/15598/ (in french)
    13/20

+
    Good graphics
    All 2017 licences

-
    Same game as WRC6
    Nothing new
    1 Epic Stages = 2 Stages
    Poor codriver pacenotes

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    It looks like an improvement (Not hard!) but the engine still sounds like a hair drier and the co-driver is awful.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    No going to buy it, until I'll ready dozens of reviews...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85 View Post
    It looks like an improvement (Not hard!) but the engine still sounds like a hair drier and the co-driver is awful.
    Agreed. Graphics look like an improvement, but co-driver is farcical. It's hard to believe that in 2017, that's the best they can do for co-driver calls. I won't be buying it.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Everybody is focused on the driving experience but it seems that nobody cares about the challenge.

WRC6 had 1 enormous issue in my opinion: AI times. They were completely nonsense. You could won for 30 seconds in one stage and lose them again in the next one.

It seems WRC7 doesn't care about it either. But I really don't know how people can drive championship with such nonsense times. Really... WRC4 was ideal from this point of view, they fucked all up instead of improving.

Another nonsense that was better addressed in WRC4 are penalties. What the hell is that?
    You cut the road with a wheel: penalty
    But here comes the best:
    You practically kill people THAT ARE IN STUPID SPOTS: 10s penalty!!!

Jesus Christ, I really can't understand how this can happen! Who cares about codriver voice if you there is not a real challenge when you play a whole championship.

It's ridicoulus

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    The main improvements are graphics, track narrowness and stage surface is now much more detailed. Other than that it is essentially WRC 6 - physics is more or less untouched as far as I can tell, co-driver voice is still rubbish, engine sounds are lackluster.

If you weren't okay with the older game, then the new iteration is not for you either. I feel that the developers are going in the right direction and a more sophisticated and not as robotic pace note system would have created much more rewarding reviews.

I can't speak of the AI times as I only contested single events. The number of stages per events have decreased - I guess as someone mentioned above 1 Epic stage is 2 normal stages merged from the older edition.

Overall, I really like the look of it, and with the narrower stages it is quite a challenge to keep the WRC07 cars on the road. If you can dismiss the shortcomings of the game, it is quite fun.