Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Liked 479 Times in 161 Posts
    I'm still trying to find word which characterizes Rally Liepaja this year edition for me... Crumpled. This could be it. It all start with SS2, SS5 shortening. All of my preparation homework's was sent to trash bin, we started Saturday morning from blank sheet. In the middle of SS2 recce shock absorber of our Mazda stated - "i am done, guys". So after SS2 finish corner we were limping to Liepaja instead of SS4 or SS5. Thanks to rally society contacts problem was solved in lighting speed almost. All seemed clicked in right places finally when we arrived in city stage. Not for a long time... this case with puddle and chicanes ruined all. Second day started quite ok. SS8 high speed lefthander in a beginning of stage (after tarmac stretch) was enjoyable to watch. After that we did drive through stage, to find place for second loop. We were surprised about place where Lopez went out as we have been there few times in local rallies. Not a place where to crash like that. Judging from on-board he touched anti-cut pole or something which threw him over road in to tree. We stayed shortly before a finish where wide road turns to left in a narrow section. Kalle has there spun in last year "Kurzeme" rally. After few cars we noticed red flag from marshal. GPS showed that Remennik was stucked near to finish and it seemed to be a reason for red flag. When Remennik moved further but red flags stayed all started to look seriously. In a few minutes everything became clear - photo and video from heli accident came to my phone. An uncomfortable feeling when you passing by that place and understand that this is serious. In the end not to end rally on this note we moved to SS13 (corner where in first loop Solberg jr. rolled).
    All in all most strangest rally so far for me.

What I noticed:
    - Kalle on Fiesta R5 looked less aggressive than on Fabia R5;
    - Both Spanish guys from Peugeot has spectacular driving style;
    - Two times saw him and every time I grab my drivers list to find out "what a... who was it?!!"
    Tom Kristennson it was. Most spectacular driver of event definitely.
    Last edited by sindroms; 9th October 2017 at 11:16.

2. Likes: br21 (9th October 2017),dimviii (9th October 2017),eddy707 (9th October 2017),electroliquid (9th October 2017),Jeppe (9th October 2017),Mirek (9th October 2017),Rally Power (10th October 2017)
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindroms View Post
    - Kalle on Fiesta R5 looked less aggressive than on Fabia R5;
    - Both Spanish guys from Peugeot has spectacular driving style;
    - Two time saw him and every time I grab my drivers list to find out "what a... who was it?!!"
    Tom Kristennson it was. Most spectacular driver of event definitely.
    Maybe Kalle took it easy with new car, while Gryazin drive quite risky (on 4th stage especially when I saw) Kalle's quote after 10SS "On this stage if Nikolay is driving normally he will be faster. I took carefully some places. It is going quite well, but now it wasn't best." Any info will Kristennson do full JERC next year?

Liked 39 Times in 18 Posts
    Spaniards were indeed among the crowd favourites.
    Last edited by eddy707; 9th October 2017 at 12:56.

Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    Any info will Kristennson do full JERC next year?
    Not sure yet. If he wins the German ADAC Opel Rallye Cup he has good chances to get into the Opel Junior Team for next year. But Jacob Madsen from Denmark was even faster than him this year. He just missed two rounds due to an injury and has only a small chance to win the title. I hope that Opel will give both Kristensson and Madsen a chance to do JERC next year. With Ingram and Huttunen leaving this might be realistic...

6. Likes: electroliquid (9th October 2017),RS (9th October 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    have we saw Lukys accident from this angle?
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/video/2...ukyanuk-crash/

Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts
    Rally Liepāja - 2017' photos - http://janisasaris.com/jaunumi

JA

9. Likes: eddy707 (10th October 2017),Rally Power (10th October 2017),tommeke_B (10th October 2017)
    Liked 479 Times in 161 Posts
    Good news. Despite initial almost hopeless forecasts from doctors (injuries seemed non-compatible with life) after two months in Pauls Stradiņš Clinical University Hospital heli pilot is checked out in last week and will continue with rehabilitation procedures.
    Dr. Egils Valeinis quote - "Even in most hopeless cases there is a chance to save patient! Merry Christmas and believe in miracles!"

11. Likes: Adler (21st December 2017),drive (21st December 2017),electroliquid (22nd December 2017),Mirek (21st December 2017),pantealex (21st December 2017),TWRC (22nd December 2017),WRC1 (21st December 2017)