Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Dont compare national field with ERC. They have different conditions, different rules for fuel, different rules for tyres, different types of tyres etc. Any comparison is nonsense...
    Shut up once. I remember you saying this same last year when Kalle was doing just the national event.
    I can promise you that they use exactly the same fuel and same type of tyres than ERC field.
    ERC crews have 18 tires available for them and there is just 3 services on this race after canceletion of todays 2 stages. So that means they will only use 15 tires with spares.
    Also gap between ERC3 guys and Oliver is just 10-15 cars and those prob will just make Olivers starting position worse.
    This weekend just proves that fast national guys are atleast equally fast to ERC guys on their home/preferable soil.

2. Likes: Rallyper (8th October 2017)
    Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    I don't believe that locals (if they have something to fight for in the national event) voluntarily use 98 octane stock fuel instead of 102 octane racing one unless there is similar regulation for local championship. I don't know how it is with R2 car (probably not that dramatic) but with Evo IX even 100 octane stock fuel meant loss of circa 10% of power.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I don't believe that locals (if they have something to fight for in the national event) voluntarily use 98 octane stock fuel instead of 102 octane racing one unless there is similar regulation for local championship. I don't know how it is with R2 car (probably not that dramatic) but with Evo IX even 100 octane stock fuel meant loss of circa 10% of power.
    But like in Oliver's case his main priority is to improve so why would he "cheat" for better results on paper. He has really nothing to win in national championship. Im 95% sure that Oliver is following same rules than ERC.
    And only reason why he is not competing in it is his age.

5. Likes: Rallyper (8th October 2017)
    Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Maybe, that's up to anyone's personal assesment but calling on someone to shut up when he points out that there are obvious factual differences in regulations is a bit too much, don't You think?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: br21 (8th October 2017),cali (8th October 2017),dimviii (7th October 2017),Jarek Z (7th October 2017),TWRC (7th October 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Maybe, that's up to anyone's personal assesment but calling on someone to shut up when he points out that there are obvious factual differences in regulations is a bit too much, don't You think?
    Not really. Pluto did this same last year with Kalle and Kalle was doing everything by the ERC rule book. It's not their fault that they arent allowed to drive on international level before turning 17.
    And as I said fuel is only thing where he could gain advantage and with R2 is there actually any even if he did?
    Just let youngsters do their thing and accept that your beloved Championship might not be as strong as you think.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    That is nonsense. That puddle was there for whole week. I was there by foot on Thursday and it was almost same like today.
    No idea how many hours (days?) before, but this video also shows a local driver on a Lada using the sidewalk to avoid the puddle: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/916670342046867457 Regrettably, on the ERC pass the barriers didnt allow Luky and Bruno to do the same.

Anyway, all crews seem to be ok and thats the main thing.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 39 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    No idea how many hours (days?) before, but this video also shows a local driver on a Lada using the sidewalk to avoid the puddle: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/916670342046867457 Regrettably, on the ERC pass the barriers didn’t allow Luky and Bruno to do the same.

Anyway, all crews seem to be ok and that’s the main thing.
    That clip could be from today as there was some kind of Lada race on the same stage earlier.

11. Likes: Rally Power (7th October 2017)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Well, those Mickey Mouse stages. Not good at all.
    But they are the only stages that are able to attract "normal" people, not hardcore rally fans only.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    But congrats to Kajto, he did deserve it.
    Yes, Kajto is the only driver who deserves this title. Congratulations!!!

Here's Kajto's press release after winning European Championship for the third time in a row:
    http://kajto.pl/en/news/record-break...r-third-title/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Shut up once. I remember you saying this same last year when Kalle was doing just the national event.
    I can promise you that they use exactly the same fuel and same type of tyres than ERC field.
    ERC crews have 18 tires available for them and there is just 3 services on this race after canceletion of todays 2 stages. So that means they will only use 15 tires with spares.
    Also gap between ERC3 guys and Oliver is just 10-15 cars and those prob will just make Olivers starting position worse.
    This weekend just proves that fast national guys are atleast equally fast to ERC guys on their home/preferable soil.
    I have never told that local drivers are slower than ERC guys. I have seen the potencial and speed of Kalle last year. And I can see the speed of Oliver, same like I have seen it last year with Sesks and before with Gryazin or Sirmacis. This fast gravel is very specific surface for "normal people from mainland" and local drivers, which are born on this surface, are always fast. That is no surprise. And if they will go to the tarmac rally, there will be also fast local drivers, who can be on same speed like top ERC drivers and this "gravel stars" will be nowhere. That is normal situation. But real winner of the championship can be driver, who is the best on all types of stages. Because there is big difference between gravel here in Latvia and lets say in Acropolis, same like there is big difference between tarmac on Barum and Canarias. But I am telling that it is not completely fair to compare drivers from different fields. I dont know which fuel they are using, with the tyres it is not only about amount, but also about type of tyre (ERC Juniors has only two types available), about brand of tyre (ERC Juniors must use Pirelli). Also different times to start to stage - between Sesks and Oliver there was gap 30 minutes. With the changing weather, conditions should be completely different.

But what I must say, I like style of communication and presentation from Oliver. Despite he is so young, he is "real professional" in this way like his father.

15. Likes: br21 (8th October 2017),cali (8th October 2017),electroliquid (8th October 2017),RS (8th October 2017)