Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: BTCC - Thruxton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea Kelvin is fine just a tad shaken. When ever he crashed he always seem to do it in style, 96 + 97 at Outlon Park spring to mind

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    What a great days racing, I watched the races from the startline, exit of the complex and the 1st turn and they were very entertaining! What was richard marsh doing in race 2 tough, he looked miles back!

Also got to say it was great to have a short chat with Martyn Bell, Rick Kerry and John George. The grin on Georges face when I asked him how the new car, compared to the old one, was priceless! Mat Neal as usual looked like he didnt give a f*** about being there, hes really starting to bug me now.

oh yea and Mat Jacksons grid girl was stunning in love lol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I left the somewhat undercrowded FIA/GT at Silverstone early to get back for the TV coverage at Thruxton. Mike Jordan had an incredible first race and I was devastated when he suffered that last-lap puncture.

At this point in the season it appears to be panning out as a Plato v Giovanardi competition, and the BTCC is restored to being manufacturer team dominated once again - well, nearly. I think the other two "semi-independent" teams Halfords and RAC are underperforming at the moment, although some of the independents are coming on strong - esp. Messrs Jordan and Jackson.
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I missed the first race

I was dissapointed with the pace of the BMW's, I thought that they would be good on high speed tracks. Also more bad look for Murray

Seems like the A-tech Alfa's are coming up strong, in race 3 Pinkney's fastest lap was on a few tenths slower than Plato's, if it wasn't for tyre wear he should have got a top 6 finish.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope A-Tech get the tyre wear issues sorted out because up to the point when the tyres started to go off, Pinkney had been doing very well.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well Pinkney is doing a good job with it. Two top 10 finishes, where as Richard Marsh hasn't even scored a point in the indies championship!

Fair play to Rick Kerry, Simon Blanckley etc, who are not as experianced at BTCC but doing better!
    My top 3 Sports personalitys..
    #1 Andy Priaulx. #2 Pippa Flanders. #3 Ronnie O'Sullivan. (ok maybe not Ronnie)

Pinkney did a great job with the car even though I thought it looked very twitchy through the 1st bend, even on new tyres.