Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb Reaction to 2006

What did you think of the 2006 series then? Were you nearly dropping asleep or jumping on the sofa for your favorite driver?

For me, i could not get enough of the Alonso .v. Schumacher battle, but the first half of the series was quite boring with complete Alonso dommination

Also, what was the high point of 2006 for you? Maybe it was button winning his first race or something else.

For me, it was When Scumacher won at Monza, and Alonso blew up, a very happy moment, and also sad as he announced he was retiring.
    100% out and out Ferrari fan.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    High: Alonso race in Hungary while it lasted.
    Low: FIA decission in Monza.
    Good news: Button winning his 1st race.
    Exciting: Yes, especially the second half.
    Worst news: Schumacher retiring, but he did it properly.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can't deny I jumped off my bed in joy when Schumacher retired in Japan.

Button's win was a nice moment and the lowest was the FIA around the Monza days
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Could I suggest we remove the word racing and replace it with "User Acceptance Testing". The sport is now so highly developed all you end up seeing are the results of an obscene amount of computer programming and very little real engineering or drivers actually driving as opposed to operating their cars.

In reply to the inialt question- BORING (apart from when the weather intervened)
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Early season was rather boring, not until few mechanicals for Alonso put MS closer was there anything special. People i rooted for had no chances for title this year, here's hoping for a better next year.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Without a doubt the Schuey vs Alonso battle, even the first half of the season was exciting with the fight in pit lane.
    My favourite moments were Hungary with Button's win, Schuey's problems, Alonso's magnificent drive and the Schuey vs Alonso scrap.
    Also China with Alonso trying to hold on and the Alonso vs Fisichella vs Schumacher moment.
    I have to admit Schuey's drive at Brazil was one of the best ever.
    The low point was the FIA at Monza. That made me lose all faith in the FIA.
    2008 NASCAR CUP SCRAMBLE CHAMPION

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    It was good, but only really started to come to life in Hungary and beyond.

Low point was arguably Monza, but in terms of the worst race it was by far France. How that race retains the venue amazes me considering how poor the racing is.

I have to admit the first half of the season would have been much better if it didn't look so easy for Renault and Alonso.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Low point was Silverstone. YAWN. Worst motor race ever. Most surprising (and best) race was Hungary for me. Noone would've suspected that one of the seasons most thrilling races would've been at HUNGARY. The last few races had me on edge throughout the Alonso-Schumacher battle.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I guess the 2006 season can be summed up in 3 words "Safety Car Period" what was up with that?!? I remember a time when first lap pile-ups resulted in Drivers running back to the garages to jump into spare cars, now we get to see the mercedes safety car!

Oh and other highlights was Alonso imitating his favorite movie characters, and looking like he needed "special care"
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    The highlight of the season for me was the Alonso v Schumacher battle. We've waited a long time for someone to challenge MS's dominance and Alonso stepped up to the plate superbly. But, Michael showed what a great champion he was by never giving up and driving perhaps the best race of his career in Brazil, just at the time he was walking away.

The low points were how the whole mass damper issue was dealt with, and how it almost affected the outcome of the championship, as well as the absurd decision to penalise Alonso at Monza. MS at Monaco was a mess, but in the end it damaged MS more than anything else.

Overall, I think it was a good season mokin:
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993