Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stephen Wright has now made his appearance in court, the arguments lasted three hours, and the upshot is that Wright denies all five charges, formally entering "Not Guilty" pleas to all of them.

The trial will not be removed from Ipswich, as most people expected. That was probably the subject which took up a good part of the three hours' argument, but we are not allowed to know due to reporting restrictions.

Wright and his defense team must feel that they have a chance of beating this case. By now, they should have been presented with virtually all that the Crown has, and the Crown must have substantially performed, otherwise the defense would have refused to enter a plea.

DNA will probably figure large. If the police found Wright's DNA on the bodies of the victims, the defense likely feel that they can explain it away by claiming that Wright was indeed a frequent customer of these five girls. Hence, his DNA. Hence, his car seen by CCTV leaving the area, with the unfortunate girls on board. That, I'm guessing, will be the crux of the case, but I'm only guessing because of these damned reporting restrictions!!!

Trial is to begin January 14, 2008, and expected to last six to eight weeks.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannex
    Stephen Wright has now made his appearance in court, the arguments lasted three hours, and the upshot is that Wright denies all five charges, formally entering "Not Guilty" pleas to all of them.

The trial will not be removed from Ipswich, as most people expected. That was probably the subject which took up a good part of the three hours' argument, but we are not allowed to know due to reporting restrictions.

Wright and his defense team must feel that they have a chance of beating this case. By now, they should have been presented with virtually all that the Crown has, and the Crown must have substantially performed, otherwise the defense would have refused to enter a plea.

DNA will probably figure large. If the police found Wright's DNA on the bodies of the victims, the defense likely feel that they can explain it away by claiming that Wright was indeed a frequent customer of these five girls. Hence, his DNA. Hence, his car seen by CCTV leaving the area, with the unfortunate girls on board. That, I'm guessing, will be the crux of the case, but I'm only guessing because of these damned reporting restrictions!!!

Trial is to begin January 14, 2008, and expected to last six to eight weeks.
    JANUARY THE CHUFFIN' FOURTEENTH!!!!

I'll have your eyes for this you snivelling jackanapes! No offence squire mokin:

Surely in order to save time and taxpayers money a return to the tried and trusted mediaeval judicial practices of yore is called for.
    By thunder I'll warrant a firm taste of The Ducking Stool would loosen the tongue of this wretch or what about Trial By Ordeal where he would have a bloody great sack of half bricks tied round his neck before being chucked in the village pond. Then hey presto! If he floats to the top he's guilty and can be taken to the village green to be burned face down in a ditch or conversely if his drowned, lifeless corpse has to be dragged out of the mud then he's an innocent man who can be let off and allowed to forge ahead with his life.
    Christ! It's not too much to ask is it?

Yours faithfully
    The Sheriff Of Nottingham
    Nottingham (the nice bit where they don't go round shooting each other over drugs)

PS I had a nice shower this morning only to discover as I was towelling myself dry (steady girls) that I wanted to go to the toilet.
    Having completed a refreshing and invigorating nipsey I then had to go through the whole cleansing palava again causing yet more strain on my hard pressed finances.
    No wonder Planet Earth is dying on it's ar$e (seeth)
    Oh golly Oh gosh Had a lie on the couch with a nice bit o' posh from Burnham-On-Crouch:mad: