Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    I think the only driver who would be an interesting champion would be (and please dont shoot me for saying this as I know it sounds rediculous) Jenson Button.
    Consider yourself shot!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think good champions are judged more by their behavior when they lose. Almost every driver reacts well when he's winning. it's the reaction when they lose that counts.
    Than we have a worthless champion in this moment.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The champion is the guy who scores most points in the championship. Perceived character, soundbites, popularity, comparisons to past heroes and other subjective factors might help people win F1 Racing's man of the year but that's it really.
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow

If Kimi gets a chance to shine and show his talents on a winning team I don't see that as boring.
    The big test will be to see if he can actually do it.

Kimi has gone "booom!" most of the times, has made some mistakes but has also shown what he's made of.

I will never forget the race he won 2 years ago coming from all the way back and actually fighting for and getting that first place in the last laps of the race. A true classic.

mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    There's something to be said about the asnine questions that consistently come from the press which he must have heard a zillion times.

There was one interview in which he was asked if he ever had to do a boring job like fix a photocopier - What is a photocopier? is his reply.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it'd be interesting to have position number 22 in the post race interviews, so we could see the character of the losers.

raikkonen will brighten up once he takes the lead in the championship.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    How about Taco? He'd make an appealing champion.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    There's something to be said about the asnine questions that consistently come from the press which he must have heard a zillion times.

There was one interview in which he was asked if he ever had to do a boring job like fix a photocopier - What is a photocopier? is his reply.
    That was actually some kind of promo vid for a contest, it was Montoya asking the questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    How about Taco? He'd make an appealing champion.
    I imagine every bit as good as Davidson...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would Kimi be an unappealing champion?

Thanks to all for the interesting responses. I hope to respond to some of the others when I have more energy, but for now I just want to say that Juppe and hello 86 have provided some of the contradictory information I was looking for (that quote from Mika was great), and I hereby withdraw my "anybody but Kimi" comment. I'm glad to hear that there's more to Kimi than had so far met my eye. I also want to clarify that I agree that the championship is awarded for driving and not personality. I've thought for some time that Kimi is not just a good but a great driver, and in that sense he would certainly be a worthy champion. I decide how worthy a driver is by how they do on the race-course; I decide how much I like 'em by that, and personality, and character too. If others care only about the driving, that's ok, we're just different.
    Which reminds me, like Dave Brockman, I'd say Eddie Irvine is certainly not dull, but I too "can't abide" him. In his case, it's a character issue. (Irvine was also just a good, not a great driver, and would not have been a worthy champion had he won in '99.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question

Thanks to all for the interesting responses. I hope to respond to some of the others when I have more energy, but for now I just want to say that Juppe and hello86 have provided some of the contradictory information I was looking for (that quote from Mika was great), and I hereby withdraw my "anybody but Kimi" comment.), I'm glad to hear that there's more to Kimi than had so far met my eye. I also want to clarify that I agree with all those who made the point that the championship is awarded for driving and not personality. I've thought for some time that Kimi is not just a good but a great driver, and in that sense would certainly be a worthy champion. I decide how worthy a driver is by their performance on the race-course; I decide how much I like 'em by that, and personality, and character too. If others care only about the driving, that's ok, we're just different. Which reminds me, I share Dave Brockman's feeling that Eddie Irvine is certainly not dull, but, like Dave, I "can't abide" him. In his case, it's a character issue. (Irvine, by the way, was just a good, not a great driver, and would not, in my opinion, have been a worthy champion had he won in '99.)