Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Off season brings up threads like this.
    I better not get involved! :
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don´t think that Kimi is that cold-hearded as everybody thinks.
    I got the impresssion that kimi was liked in the mclaren team.
    Kimi also said that his behavior at work is another than his behaviour at his free time.
    maybe he needs it to get the maximum at the raceing-weekend,

here i found a comment of mika about kimi:

In the coming F1-races Mika will support all the Finns and half-Finns.
    - Strong support to Kimi Räikkönen. I know him quite well, we have had good time together. Kimi is a great driver and a great person, he is full of good and positive thoughts – a very warm person. I´m annoyed how he is always criticized and abused, says Mika.

It´s from a finnish interview,

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guernsey kau
    I'm afraid Kimi Raikkonen has to be favored for the 2007 world championship. "Afraid", I say, because, from what I've gathered, he would make a very unappealing champion. He seems equal parts dull (his interviews), cold (no signs of human feeling), and coarse (the incidents at strip clubs, telling Martin Brundel he was "having a s--t").
    Has anyone out there got any contradictory information--anecdotes, comments from people who know him, firsthand observations? If you've got info that confirms my impressions, that would be of interest, too. The next-best thing to a star to cheer is a villain to root against.
    Oh, by the way: Kimi's countryman Mika Hakkinen was also criticized for his dull interviews, but if you watched closely, you could see his warmth, his sly humor. And behind-the-scenes comments that I've read tend to describe Mika as decent, classy, with a private sense of fun---quite different.

Could you please get back to us when Kimi starts running other drivers into concrete walls, get's his team mate to pull over so he can win, parks his car in the middle of the road at Monte Carlo so the other guys behind cannot qualify faster?, tries to ram other drivers off the road so he can win teh WDC, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah!! tell me then how unappealing he is when he achieves all the above targets.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Schumacher Senior wasn't exactly Mr Charm & Excitment, so why change?

May be its part of being the champion?

Who do you think would be the best champion if we're looking for character etc?
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    I think the only driver who would be an interesting champion would be (and please dont shoot me for saying this as I know it sounds rediculous) Jenson Button.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kimi isn't the smiliest or most approachable of drivers no... but he's there to be judged on his racing not his personality and if he won it'd have to be because he deserved it surely? Kimi's not as warming as his fellow Finns Mika or Heikki, but he's a good driver and that's what would make him a deserving champion.
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Today is a great day (althoguh i a have a cold)... but i am happy to say that i agree with two of the biggest Ferrari supporters in this forum:

Yes, Ioan, holydays always bring out threads like this one

And yes, 555-04Q2, the best character in the f1 paddock maybe Button, altough you must forgive him for is flirts with Williams a couple of years ago (te buttongate!!!

look on the bright side
    ÑBA I love this game! :up:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samuratt

look on the bright side
    Good one!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Massa i think would make a good champion, the way he reacted in brazil after his win!
    To join, copy and paste this into your signature.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Blue
    Massa i think would make a good champion, the way he reacted in brazil after his win!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think good champions are judged more by their behavior when they lose. Almost every driver reacts well when he's winning. it's the reaction when they lose that counts.
    "When the situation arises you stay where you are or go for it. I prefer the latter" - JPM