Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would Kimi be an unappealing champion?

I'm afraid Kimi Raikkonen has to be favored for the 2007 world championship. "Afraid", I say, because, from what I've gathered, he would make a very unappealing champion. He seems equal parts dull (his interviews), cold (no signs of human feeling), and coarse (the incidents at strip clubs, telling Martin Brundel he was "having a s--t").
    Has anyone out there got any contradictory information--anecdotes, comments from people who know him, firsthand observations? If you've got info that confirms my impressions, that would be of interest, too. The next-best thing to a star to cheer is a villain to root against.
    Oh, by the way: Kimi's countryman Mika Hakkinen was also criticized for his dull interviews, but if you watched closely, you could see his warmth, his sly humor. And behind-the-scenes comments that I've read tend to describe Mika as decent, classy, with a private sense of fun---quite different.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I can't say that Alonso is particularly interesting or charismatic either, to be honest.

But he did the best job over the course of the season, and on that basis won the Championship. And rightly so.

I think the issue is that with so many youngsters being groomed for success at such a young age, they don't get time to develop a personality.

I couldn't abide Eddie Irvine or Jacques Villeneuve, for example, but you could never ever accuse them of being dull.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 49 Times in 31 Posts
    Also big part of why Kimi and Alonso sound boring on interviews is that they aren't speaking their native language.
    Altough, like many Finns Kimi isn't very outspoken in Finnish either with big groups of people.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alonso sounds more boring when talking in Spanish
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes, Alonso is boring to listen to too. I'm sure if things go Kimi's way for once we will see great happiness in him and the sorts of reactions Alonso had when winning the title.
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guernsey kau
    dull (his interviews), cold (no signs of human feeling), and coarse (the incidents at strip clubs, telling Martin Brundel he was "having a s--t").

any contradictory information.
    I would say those two things are contradictory - the fact that he normally keeps his head down & gets on with business but sometimes goes mad as a brush is what I love about Kimi.

He is like a tory MP - bores you to tears, but then ends up in the papers wearing nothing but a football shirt while gagged with a piece of fruit.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think he shows his personality inside the car and that's what I care about. There's no need of pitstop "clowns".
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm afraid Kimi Raikkonen has to be favored for the 2007 world championship. "Afraid", I say, because, from what I've gathered, he would make a very unappealing champion. He seems equal parts dull (his interviews), cold (no signs of human feeling), and coarse (the incidents at strip clubs, telling Martin Brundel he was "having a s--t").
    Has anyone out there got any contradictory information--anecdotes, comments from people who know him, firsthand observations? If you've got info that confirms my impressions, that would be of interest, too. The next-best thing to a star to cheer is a villain to root against.
    Oh, by the way: Kimi's countryman Mika Hakkinen was also criticized for his dull interviews, but if you watched closely, you could see his warmth, his sly humor. And behind-the-scenes comments that I've read tend to describe Mika as decent, classy, with a private sense of fun---quite different.
    For me its more important that everyone are like they are in their everyday life. I like Kimi because he is an honest guy with nerves of steel and a very good driver. That he speaks not so much doesn’t disturb me at all. I think Finnish people usually are more reticent than people from the rest of Europe and especially from southern Europe. But when you are a friend with some one from Finland, they usually speak more - like the other Europeans , really. Maybe this "Finnish characteristic" has something to do with, that you can see so many good drivers from that little country (with only 5 million people) – they really can keep cool when needed.
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it just me, or is it a little worrysome, that we are more concerned about how Kimi will act in the post race interviews, then perhaps during the actual race?

Kimi can be as Dull as the grey sky on a dreary day during the post race conference, as long as the racing is exciting, isn't that what matters?

Though I imagine, they put a pole up, and a few strippers in that interview room, and I'm sure Kimi would come to life...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For what is worth, Kimi always seems to be at ease with kids and he has said many a time that he likes children. A person who likes kids cannot be completely bad....

What I have gathered, Kimi is actually quite likable guy when dealt with in person. He doesn't seem to be arrogant at all. His bad performance in front of media is probably due to his shyness.