Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakar 2007

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raybak
    I normally codrive for Peter Jerie in Australian rallies. Peter is based on the Central Coast and is current NSW and ACT Clubman rally Champion.

I couldn't get the time off to do Dakar so will be looking after all the media releases for the team during the event.

Peter is the only Aussie driver in the event. He is competing on a CAMS licence and has the Aussie flag on the car.

We will be doing the Australian Safari later this year together.

Ray
    Well I sure to follow his progress then although ive looked and the entry list on eurosport and he isn't anywhere on it Is this is first Dakar rally or has he been before?

its good to see another Aussie in the event - might help ease the pain of last year (i did have a good cry last night )

I hope that he and all other riders/driver arrive at the final destination safley
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi guys , good to see an aussie flying our flag over there, go pete!
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have sean car 405 this friday in Lisbon. It`s an amazing car. best of luck for the team.

2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    JERIE/BRUYNKENS finished the inaugural stage in 129th place.

Wow, he is from the Czech Republic!
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, fantastic result for Portugal. Carlos Sousa was amazing, he gave all to win in his country, as he did last year. He said that his car have the same specifications of Carlos Sainz car, they had been working together. Thousands and thousands of portuguese people had given its support, it was like the good old times of Portugal rally. Tomorrow will be the same in Algarve.
    Ruben Faria and Helder Rodrigues have done also a brilliant result in motos competition. Ruben Faria is the favourite for tomorrow stage. He was born in Algarve and he knows very well that stages.
    Portuguese television is doing a good work. they have made live coverage of the stage and tomorrow they will do the same!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was then the 1st day of the Dakar. It was nice to see VW on top places and Im clad to see Sousa there.Also for the Finnish view its looking ok.. Alen dont have a change to be close to top but maybe Vatanen will do some good times when we will get more to desert stages.

A good start for my favourite Schlesser. Just 18th but as has been seen at earlier years Schless will build up his speed after a few specials. Also hes quite close of ´´2 roues motrices´´ class leader.

What comes to car 405 a nice start.. driver should be proud when he beaten Biasion and Saby . I am sure for the fact Fiat team must havent be happy.Ok for the followers it wasnt a surprise as the test footage didnt looked too good.

What comes to bikes good to see Yamaha´s on top but I think KTM will come already tomorrow. In trucks not surprised to see De Rooy and Stacey on top with this specials.

Looking forward to tomorrow and really hope to see Schlesser to move up a few places.
    Schlesser-Aventures

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    A good solid start by Peter in car 405. This was the first time that he had driven the car competively so watch out for much improved times on stage 2.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Message just in from Peter.

Was hit by another competitor on the Right hand side of car, quite a bit of damage, then hit another competitor on the Left hand side also a lot of damage. Has broken his rear axle as well which doesn't help a lot.

Was stuck behind a slower competitor causing him to be stuck in the dunes and losing over 40 minutes. Sequential gearbox is playing up but hope to get it fixed before stage 2.

Lets hope that stage 2 is much better for the team.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds more like demo derby than rally racing? without all the banging & bashing & loosing that time being bogged, he should have got a lot better result, lets hope stage 2 is free from any mishaps.

go Pete,
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Hi Ray,
    Thanks for the greeting.
    It sounds like Peter is in a demolition derby.
    Could those incidents be caused by the very heavy sandy conditions the lower order cars faced? I read that the first stage course detoriated badly.

I'll be following the progress of Car 340, Jun Mitsuhashi.
    He is from Hokkaido and normally drives the Sweepar Car at Rally Japan!
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen