Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Al Jr. has ride with foyt

According to the Indianapolis Star(4/29/07), Al Unser Jr. has agreed to terms with A.J. Foyt for the 500. Also, Davey Hamilton according to the star, is the front runner for the 4th Vision Car. Any other predictions for possible rides? I have heard rumors of Chesson possibly being in a Ginassi car. Any Truth?

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Davey Hamilton? I thought he had retired after a bad crash at Texas back in 2001?
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was on the IndyCar homepage that he was looking for a ride in the 500.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Townsend Bell is probably more likely for another Vision car.
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheckterfan54
    snip...I have heard rumors of Chesson possibly being in a Ginassi car. Any Truth?
    Stranger things have happened, but I strongly doubt this one. Chip has shown little interest in drivers that have come through the short track oval path, prefering drivers with euro road course experience. Also the last I looked he had no extra cars this year, so unless he buys someone's (Penske) entry & cars it's not going to happen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also doubted the thought that chesson would end up in a ginassi car. I would love to see him back though, I thought he was great for the speedway because he represented a lot of the same people that are fans of the 500. Any chance he is back at all?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, why not have Big Al and Bobby Unser run this year as well. Go for a 1-2-3 finish.

I've always been a big Little Al fan. The last year he ran Elkhart Lake he did not look good (off the track). I caught him sitting outside his trailer smoking a cigarette. I had a good chat with him, friendly as usually. He just sounded tired. Cannot remember what year that was.

I wish him the best, a win would be awesome. I think we all know that is very unlikely.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I sorta hate to see it. He was a great champion. Now he's going to be a has been in a not very competitive car. I'd rather remember him as a champion.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is something about Indy that gets people like Al, but they need to know when to stop. My concern is that, with his recent issues with the bottle, if anything were to happen which he was involved in, the papers could have a field day. We could see a once great champion and Indy 500 winner dragged through the mud by the press.
    Beware of Dragons, for you are crunchly and taste good with ketchup :beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe that there are a lot more talented drivers available for this great event. Little Al has been there, done that, why not give a young driver some experience, such as an IPS driver! But, I will give Foyt credit, atleast he didnt put larry inthe car!!!