Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WSB/WSS Assen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A really intriguing weekend of racing.

Some real hard luck stories with Haga making brilliant starts and a sensational second in the first race only to have mechanical gremlins interrupt his chance of putting pressure on Toseland. Perhaps that is an evener-upperer for Toselands mechanical DNF at Donnington. I was gutted for Corser who was looking good for a hard fought podium only to be robbed by mechanical failure. Showed real heart with his 4th in race 2. I was also really disappointed for Broc Parkes who fought so hard only to go down from 2nd spot on the penultimate lap. Not the best weekend for Yamaha I guess.

The supersports I found particularly interesting. After only 2 races, Andrew Pitt is 4th in the championship, yet I'm unaware if he has a ride for the rest of the year. It's nice to see Kawasaki now a regular front runner in the hands of Foret who probably had his best start of the year (only dropped to about 10th off the line!) only to make the most basic of mistakes and miscount the laps. It was funny though.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah Foret made the mistake of the year to date!

Interesting about Pitt. Imagine if he took his second world title this year!
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I saw highlights on the news, was quite funny how the pommy commentators were celebrating JT's double win before he'd even crossed the line, then 'the wily old fox' TB just shot up the inside with superior drive and pipped him to the line.. The poms were gob-smacked haha.. Gold..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JT said he'd braked as late as he could into the chicane's last corner, but that meant he had to get hard on the gas to the line. He *might* have done it if he'd covered his line and forced TB to go outside him rather than inside... the difference between the fox and the rabbit huh : )
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    A really intriguing weekend of racing.

Some real hard luck stories with Haga making brilliant starts and a sensational second in the first race only to have mechanical gremlins interrupt his chance of putting pressure on Toseland. Perhaps that is an evener-upperer for Toselands mechanical DNF at Donnington. I was gutted for Corser who was looking good for a hard fought podium only to be robbed by mechanical failure. Showed real heart with his 4th in race 2. I was also really disappointed for Broc Parkes who fought so hard only to go down from 2nd spot on the penultimate lap. Not the best weekend for Yamaha I guess.

The supersports I found particularly interesting. After only 2 races, Andrew Pitt is 4th in the championship, yet I'm unaware if he has a ride for the rest of the year. It's nice to see Kawasaki now a regular front runner in the hands of Foret who probably had his best start of the year (only dropped to about 10th off the line!) only to make the most basic of mistakes and miscount the laps. It was funny though.
    good summary. one thind i might add in the supersport it's really frustrating watching fujiwara's efforts continually squashed by others accidents. he has a lot left in the tank. also loved how the ten kate boys raced each other. it looked like one of the early piitt passes that sofuoglu was none too pleased with pitt. i was wondering what happened to foret. i think kr, jr. did a similar thing last year in estoril, iirc.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The races were finally on TV here and I'm rather happy that I managed to avoid all news coverage so the results were still a surprise.

Not much commentary I can add, but I was off my seat for the final laps of race two. Big props for Troy in snatching victory !! Unbelievable racing all around.
    go speed racer go