Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Liked 95 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Not driving Finland, hopefully some more later in the year
    https://parcferme.no/rally/slik-er-p...over-sesongen/
    It's behind a pay-wall, can't read the link.

Without the information in above linked article, I would assume and hope Pontus aims for 2-3 more WRC-rallies this year with M-sport:
    Germany and Spain I would believe are good targets, and maybe maybe perhaps Turkey.

- Germany? Yes, he has won here before once or twice, even beating Tanak in the WRC2...
    - Spain? I think he likes this one too, with mixed surface and he has a good history here.
    - Turkey? Relatively new rally to all of the drivers, more equal terms, good training for writing pace notes.

Wales? No, that M-sport-seat is probably in Greensmiths hands here - for many clearcut reasons.
    Finland? Naah, unfortunately , Pontus has never been dominant here and it was a long time since he drove the rally.
    Australia? Uhm no.
    Last edited by Entertainer; 24th June 2019 at 22:30.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Sadly it looks more and more like Atkinson in 2009.
    Used a lot of money early in the season without a clear plan for the rest hopping some miracle funds will arrive.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    yeah, i remember that Ireland and telegraph pool hit with c4

4. Likes: Jewy46 (25th June 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Entertainer View Post
    It's behind a pay-wall, can't read the link.

Without the information in above linked article, I would assume and hope Pontus aims for 2-3 more WRC-rallies this year with M-sport:
    Germany and Spain I would believe are good targets, and maybe maybe perhaps Turkey.

- Germany? Yes, he has won here before once or twice, even beating Tanak in the WRC2...
    - Spain? I think he likes this one too, with mixed surface and he has a good history here.
    - Turkey? Relatively new rally to all of the drivers, more equal terms, good training for writing pace notes.

Wales? No, that M-sport-seat is probably in Greensmiths hands here - for many clearcut reasons.
    Finland? Naah, unfortunately , Pontus has never been dominant here and it was a long time since he drove the rally.
    Australia? Uhm no.
    Germany and Turkey must be extremely difficult events to start on a WRC car for the first time, although in Turkey you could probably secure a top 5 position by just cruising through, if you're lucky...I would choose Spain and Wales. I don't think M-Sport would have an issue to set up two customer cars on one rally if someone's paying. Also, Finland was already written off in an earlier interview.

6. Likes: Entertainer (25th June 2019)
    Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    Hoping all the best for Tidemand. Not sure why he has looked so slow in a wrc of this generation. He drove really well in wrc2 and also in older wrc in Sweden.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masa90 View Post
    Hoping all the best for Tidemand. Not sure why he has looked so slow in a wrc of this generation.
    Too expensive to bin it, I guess.

9. Likes: Entertainer (25th June 2019),Rallyper (25th June 2019)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masa90 View Post
    Hoping all the best for Tidemand. Not sure why he has looked so slow in a wrc of this generation. He drove really well in wrc2 and also in older wrc in Sweden.
    These 2017 spec cars seem to be bit difficult to adapt I guess

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    I recall Tidemand struggled quite a lot on Rally GB last year, he wasn't comfortable, and got beaten by Rovanperä by a good margin. As such I can't see him wanting to do GB.

Funnily enough at the time I was surprised by that result. I like Tidemand, but that result seemed a bit surprising/unpromising.

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Remember that the conditions in Sweden were very hard this year, TV images didn't show it at all how big the slush ruts were with a little stream of water running in them some places. He looked pretty quick where i was though. Better to judge after a more normal gravel rally i think.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

13. Likes: janvanvurpa (26th June 2019)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Remember that the conditions in Sweden were very hard this year, TV images didn't show it at all how big the slush ruts were with a little stream of water running in them some places. He looked pretty quick where i was though. Better to judge after a more normal gravel rally i think.
    Yeah. People who judge him only from two rallies this winter don´t know much what it takes to be fast on top WRC level.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

15. Likes: Entertainer (25th June 2019),janvanvurpa (26th June 2019)