Page 82 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    The thing with the toyota, is it's the most driveable car across all surfaces. Maybe not best, or fastest, but most driveable. Ogier will love that after driving the C3, which is the opposite

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    He has to set it up on all of those surfaces according to his liking first of all...that may or may not take time.

Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts
    Good choice by Makenin with Ogier and Rovenpera. Not sure about Evans. While has has shown good pace occasionally (Corsica a couple of times, Argentina once and GB as his home rally) I still have never really rated him. I would put Meeke, Lappi, Mikkelsen, Paddon and Latvala all ahead of him with regards to talent! I do think Latvala has had his chance thou and would select Evans ahead of him now.

Liked 48 Times in 21 Posts
    Funny how diferently people are seeing things. For me Evans is very good choise because he is best of the Top 3, i would never hire Latvala or Meeke, but others see exactlt opposite.

5. Likes: AnttiL (28th November 2019),cali (28th November 2019),EstWRC (28th November 2019),pantealex (28th November 2019),T16 (28th November 2019),Timmy (30th November 2019)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Why is that I went to edit my post and it deleted them using mobile... Fuggin hell!!!

So I will summarize what I've heard. So far JML only for Finland via Toyota. They are also trying for Sweden but it adds a twist since they've already prepared budgets and logistics for Sweden and adding a fourth car is not easy.

I was told late in 2017 that while JML is extremely talented and capable, his outside life (his ex) was very toxic for him and would not allow him to fully focus. People on the team could clearly see it. She's gone now and he can finally focus on a few rallies if he gets the chance. I'm not sure how many sponsors JML can round up, but hopefully enough. Too bad for JML...

If M- Sport gave him a full season I would take it, but I think he knows his chances are slim. 3-5 drives at M Sport vs TGR... I'll stay with the team.

7. Likes: cali (28th November 2019),Katvala (27th November 2019)
    Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts
    I wish him the best. He is one of the most likeable personalities in rallying, and I hope he will be able to come back for some rounds next year, and then fully back again in 21 as he was hoping for

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

9. Likes: T16 (28th November 2019)
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Why is that I went to edit my post and it deleted them using mobile... Fuggin hell!!!

So I will summarize what I've heard. So far JML only for Finland via Toyota. They are also trying for Sweden but it adds a twist since they've already prepared budgets and logistics for Sweden and adding a fourth car is not easy.
    Sweden should not create any problems really as the event is 2,5 months away... Sweden is close to Finland so logistics is not the issue. And budget comes via JML.

Actually JML's possible entry could be 5th car from Toyota as Katsuta is going to drive there too! And we must remember that all events JML would do they are not under TGR team but Tommi Mäkinen Racing.

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abcrally View Post
    Actually JML's possible entry could be 5th car from Toyota as Katsuta is going to drive there too! And we must remember that all events JML would do they are not under TGR team but Tommi Mäkinen Racing.
    It will be interesting. If Latvala is doing some rallies with TGR, I bet those are not tarmac rallies. It means, he has really good start position and may be in good position to challenge win for some rally. If Latvala is doing some rally, it's not for scoring points for himself or team anymore. Nothing to loose. Now, could he be allowed by Tommi "no-team-orders" Mäkinen to win (or take away points in general) when fight is with Ogier or Evans?

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Wonder if there are any question asked about Toyota lineup in Finnish press and/or directly to Tommi?

Cause on paper the lineup doesn't stand a chance for manu title vs Tänak, Neuville, Sordo/Loeb/etc.

Or is there just miracle belief in Rovanpera?

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Now, could he be allowed by Tommi "no-team-orders" Mäkinen to win (or take away points in general) when fight is with Ogier or Evans?
    Ofcourse not. Whatever paper they would sign, it's for sure included in there that under no circumstances can Latvala (or anyone else) finish right in front of any of the TGR guys.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan