Page 64 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    And who'd they put in?
    Don't know. Ofcourse such thing would not have been done because there's someone more capable than JML waiting on the sidelines, but enough is enough. Bit like with Meeke and Citroen in 2018.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    And who'd they put in?
    Paddon is available

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, yes, but...hasn`t been driving for 7 months, hasn`t used a Toyota never-ever, is sponsored by Hyundai NZ.

Liked 172 Times in 99 Posts
    So, TGR won Le Mans. I wonder if the endurance/rally teams send each other congratulations, or chocolates?

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Look at their twitter accounts, both have cheered for eachother.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Well, yes, but...hasn`t been driving for 7 months, hasn`t used a Toyota never-ever, is sponsored by Hyundai NZ.
    You can overcome both these argument by simply giving him some seat time in national rallies. Sponsored or not he still wants to drive and atm it seems Hyundai WRT has ditched him.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    It must be noted that Toyota does not have similar options with Mäkinen than Hyundai had with Nandan. Toyota is basically outsourcing its WRC program from Mäkinen's company, so they would have to change the service provider, if things ever escalate to a point where Tommi would have to be removed from his duties. Having said that, and without taking a stance on the question itself, I don't believe it's happening anytime soon.

And totally agree about Meeke and Latvala. Way too little support for the team and Tänak from both. JML's situation we all know, but Meeke has fallen from a title contender to the and-the-rest category. Not so long ago his name was often added to list of Ogier, Neuville and Tänak, but that's no longer the case.

Just a wild guess, but I think if the next rally wouldn't happen to be Finland, Latvala might have been benched.
    How can you say to little support of the team, OK one or two small incident for both, but if you list all the issues Meeke has had with wheels etc.etc.. he could had 4 podiums by now. And on pure pace, was he not 2s off the lead of Tanak on Sunday morning in Portugal?? I think your letting the road cleaning capital of Sardinia cloud your judgement.... so based on his perfromance this weekend.. is Neuville suddenly an also ran?

Anyway.. the next 2 rounds are the benchmark for everyone.. and for next years contracts.

Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts
    If I was Makinen, I would be getting Seb Marshall in a private room and ask him to compare Meeke vs Paddon!

9. Likes: Mk2 RS2000 (17th June 2019)
    Liked 9,346 Times in 4,964 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    not emotional this time but my point is the same. The problems are just endless, so far i think they havent even had one single rally without problems, its ridiculous on this level.

Maybe they should also change the team principal like Hyundai did? i dont know....

i know i will be thrown with rocks after the next sentence by Latvala and Meeke fans but they havent just delivered. Yes, i know that often this is because of the car but the fact that they havent got even ONE SINGLE podium after half the season isnt good enough, while all the drivers from other teams have been on podium at least once. Even Lappi who is having a nightmare season so far.

They are trailing Hyundai now almost by 50 points.

A lot of thinking for Mäkinen or Mr.Toyoda on summer break about those things.
    I am away and missed the rally live.

Gutted when I saw what happened on the PS. Like Evans in Corsica its even more cruel on the last stage to be robbed of a win.

Toyota are in danger of throwing away a sure Driver's title (and repeat Manus) if they dont sort the reliability.

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Comment from Akio Toyoda, Team Chairman, Concerning the Outcome of the Rally Italia Sardegna, Rd. 8 of FIA World Rally Championship

"It was a heartbreaking ending to Rally Italia Sardegna. As I felt Ott and Martin's strong ambition to bring me to the podium again, I was lost for words when I saw their car slowing down in the final stage. But I think the disappointment is bigger for the driver and the co-driver than for anyone else.

I'm very sorry that we couldn't let the drivers drive through to the finish. I'm very sorry for all the fans who were watching the fight.

I have never before released any comment without a victory. But I want to convey my feelings via my own words this time. It was really important that I could see the competitions on site in Italy.

Takamoto said sorry to me after he retired from the rally. I don't think he needed to say sorry. I'm looking forward to seeing Takamoto standing on the podium with the Yaris WRC in the future. We need to convert the experience from this rally into strength for the days to come.

Kris said to me that the Yaris gives him a very good feeling to drive. I'm very happy to hear that, when he's driving the car at an exhilarating speed. I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome one day.

Jari-Matti said to me that he will definitely bring me a good result next time. Having seen Jari-Matti's struggling appearance many times, I am sure that good luck will come to him too.

And Ott... I will never forget the regretful expression in his face when he got out of the car. He hugged with the mechanics one by one, facing the sadness with all of the team members. I was touched by this scene. I thought Ott and all the members of Car No. 8 must be the champion by any means from my heart.

What I can do is to make the Yaris the "even better car" and " much more reliable car to continue driving". I will carry out this goal together with Tommi by any means.

To all the fans, I wish for your continuous support for TOYOTA GAZOO Racing WRT.

source https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/28545399.html
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: dimviii (17th June 2019),Micke_VOC (19th June 2019),steve.mandzij (17th June 2019),the sniper (17th June 2019)