Page 106 of 160 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1591
    Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    The Transformation of Elfyn Evans: https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/t...f-elfyn-evans/

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonis_t View Post
    Mäkinen has openly stated, that one of his goals is to convince Ogier to continue next year. No doubt to help to develop 2022 car. Pissing off Ogier is not the way to achieve this goal. If at the end of the year he will miss drivers title by few points I'll bet he will remember Sweden.
    With Evans and Rovanpera continuing to deliver top results probably there’s no need to keep Ogier in 2021; bringing Lappi back could be enough. Who knows, maybe Makinen’s happy face after the PS was about realizing he can actually save all those millions of Ogier wage…besides, Evans, Latvala and Hanninen are more than competent to help developing the future car.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    I think Makinen was just ecstatic as he has earmarked Kalle to be his driver since 15/16, said openly he was ahead of Lappi and Suninen when they all tested the Yaris years ago, and obviously was still in a bit of shock at how well he has done so soon.

Tommi also mentioned how good the feeling was within the team, with all 3 drivers. I think a weight has been lifted without Tanak and Martin grumbling away in the background, haggling over R5s and all the other contract shite that soured the relationship last year, and so far it looks like Evans and Ogier can fight for the title. When Tanak was announced at Hyundai, it looked for a few weeks like Toyota were fucked and maybe wouldn't have any driver capable of a full title challenge.

Now they have two (and a future 3rd in Kalle), who actually want to be there at the team and care only about the driving. The scenes in the Toyota camp with Evans and Rovanpera's dads involved was great to see. Happy faces on everyone and although Ogier wasnt delighted with 4th, his comments about Kalle deserving 3rd in the TGR youtube video were nice to see.

4. Likes: Essaj (17th February 2020),Hartusvuori (18th February 2020),pantealex (18th February 2020),steve.mandzij (18th February 2020)
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    The scenes in the Toyota camp with Evans and Rovanpera's dads involved was great to see.
    Off topic I know, but were Gwyndaf and Harri ever technically teammates (as their sons are now, to bring it slightly back on topic) at Seat? Or did Gwyndaf only drive for Seat UK or something like that?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Kalle is marvelous, MC was already proof enough. He has clearly set the bar for young drivers incredibly high (Oliver Solberg etc.) Nevertheless for me it was a real surprise that no team orders were given. It is clear that Kalle is not in the position to fight for the title. Why the heck did TGR want to give points away? It seemed to be just a intoxicated moment in a very Finnish team. Clearly not a pleasant moment for Ogier and the team spirit itself. Not a wise decision in my mind.
    Last edited by Rando; 18th February 2020 at 09:53.

7. Likes: dimviii (18th February 2020)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    It is clear that Kalle is not in the position to fight for the title.
    How come that's "clear"? He's got 30 points from the first two rallies and is only 12 points away from leading the whole thing. Yes, he'll probably make a mistake or two sometime during the year, but we'll see. It would have been an idiotic call from Tommi to give any sort of team orders. Also on short-term, but especially thinking about long-term.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    I think Makinen was just ecstatic as he has earmarked Kalle to be his driver since 15/16, said openly he was ahead of Lappi and Suninen when they all tested the Yaris years ago, and obviously was still in a bit of shock at how well he has done so soon.
    I was joking on that (no doubt Makinen was happy for the Rovanperas) and serious on the rest; if Ogier declining is confirmed, why trying to convince him to continue? Many drivers are available and it’s great for the series to be able to get new title contenders and push young drivers over the top.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 78 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    Off topic I know, but were Gwyndaf and Harri ever technically teammates (as their sons are now, to bring it slightly back on topic) at Seat? Or did Gwyndaf only drive for Seat UK or something like that?
    At least RAC 1999 they both drove Seat Sports entries Seat Cordoba WRC Evo 2
    "San Romolo opettaa"

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jiipee64 View Post
    At least RAC 1999 they both drove Seat Sports entries Seat Cordoba WRC Evo 2
    And the year before as well, with the older version of that lethargic WRC.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
    Any chance for english translation?
    https://areena.yle.fi/1-50454608