Page 91 of 159 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    I believe there were some talks, that due to the fact that Toyota and Subaru are connected, this Yaris will have a Subaru AWD.
    Possibly the other way round. Subaru have forever used a symmetrical awd system and boxer engine mounted longitudinal, whereas I expect the Toyota will be a transverse setup. The Subaru EJ series engine is to cease being made shortly, with no STI lined up for a couple of years, by which time Subaru will be looking at going hybrid with it. From what I have read I think the system that will end up on future subarus will be that used by Toyota first.

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Meeke wants some WRC rounds if he takes a testing role, and wont find sponsors or pay for drive:

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...oyota-wrc-exit
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    I bet Hyundai arent too happy with the i20 winning the Manu Champ.

But such awards are pointless - they always go to the Champion and his car.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Possibly the other way round. Subaru have forever used a symmetrical awd system and boxer engine mounted longitudinal, whereas I expect the Toyota will be a transverse setup. The Subaru EJ series engine is to cease being made shortly, with no STI lined up for a couple of years, by which time Subaru will be looking at going hybrid with it. From what I have read I think the system that will end up on future subarus will be that used by Toyota first.
    Poor me, not being a Blubaru fan-boi I have always been utterly baffled by the highlighted word used by Subaru in the ad-copy....but never explained.
    Can you help a poor guy with limited understanding get an idea of what this means "symmetrical"???

John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Poor me, not being a Blubaru fan-boi I have always been utterly baffled by the highlighted word used by Subaru in the ad-copy....but never explained.
    Can you help a poor guy with limited understanding get an idea of what this means "symmetrical"???

symmetrical driveshafts

7. Likes: cali (9th December 2019)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts

Everything placed in the middle with equal lengt driveshafts so no torque steer like on an old Audi, if you have one sleepy eye or crocked nose your face also wouldn't be symmetrical...
    Did you get it now?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Everything placed in the middle with equal lengt driveshafts so no torque steer like on an old Audi, if you have one sleepy eye or crocked nose your face also wouldn't be symmetrical...
    Did you get it now?
    Really? Are you kidding? My Sierra Cosworth 4x4 must also be "symmetrical" AWD... I wonder why Ford never made it part of their ad-copy?

And my beloved Saab 96 with the mighty V4...the motor is slightly offset but the gearbox is right in the middle and equal length halfshafts.. Is that symmetrical 2wd? What about that Volvo 240 over there???------>
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

10. Likes: cali (10th December 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Did you get it now?
    Jan is right,that a car have equal length driveshafts doesnt mean that its not going to have torque steer.
    Plenty of cars with a short and long driveshaft dont have these problems,like mitsubishi evos.
    About Slowbaru ''symmetrical awd'' i really dont know what they mean,but if they mean the equal length drive shafts,its nonsence because there is not any advantage on that.

12. Likes: cali (10th December 2019)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Really? Are you kidding? My Sierra Cosworth 4x4 must also be "symmetrical" AWD... I wonder why Ford never made it part of their ad-copy?

And my beloved Saab 96 with the mighty V4...the motor is slightly offset but the gearbox is right in the middle and equal length halfshafts.. Is that symmetrical 2wd? What about that Volvo 240 over there???------>
    I work at ford and the Sierra is not at the front, you should know your own car better than that
    Not so great when you need to go for the handbrake either?

If you say there are no advantage to it, just watch every test on YT.
    Evo seems to have problems with that on the cars with no front LSD?
    Volvo 240 is symmetrical one wheel drive.
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 9th December 2019 at 19:11.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net