Page 63 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    is there not a loophole where they switch the driver and the co-driver on the official entry list, but let the driver do the actual driving?
    By doing that you would make the co-driver earn the points

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Oh and that little argument about Alonso remaining in TGR, but doing else thsn circuit. Leaves Dakar and WRC, which is said to be the training for the first one.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    is there not a loophole where they switch the driver and the co-driver on the official entry list, but let the driver do the actual driving?

or is there also a restriction on the number of rally's a codriver can do?
    Yes.

and it has been used.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    By doing that you would make the co-driver earn the points
    It doesn´t matter because Katsuta has done his own maximum 7 events.

With that co-driver switch they would get that P2 status and better starting position.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    I think he could still enter the events in WRC2, but won't score points and still have P2 priority.

"8.4.4 The WRC 2 Champion titles for Drivers and Co-Drivers will be awarded to the driver and co-driver who have scored the highest number of points from 6 of the first 7 rallies which they have entered to score points. In the remaining rallies they may neither score nor detract points from other registered drivers."

6. Likes: pantealex (13th June 2019)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i know im writing this on emotion right now but....

so sick of these punctures, alternator, driveshaft, brake and other sick dog issues.

something needs to be done fast.
    not emotional this time but my point is the same. The problems are just endless, so far i think they havent even had one single rally without problems, its ridiculous on this level.

Maybe they should also change the team principal like Hyundai did? i dont know....

i know i will be thrown with rocks after the next sentence by Latvala and Meeke fans but they havent just delivered. Yes, i know that often this is because of the car but the fact that they havent got even ONE SINGLE podium after half the season isnt good enough, while all the drivers from other teams have been on podium at least once. Even Lappi who is having a nightmare season so far.

They are trailing Hyundai now almost by 50 points.

A lot of thinking for Mäkinen or Mr.Toyoda on summer break about those things.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 16th June 2019 at 15:29.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: AnttiL (16th June 2019),pantealex (17th June 2019),TypeR (16th June 2019)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Mr.Toyoda like Terminator: "ill be back" https://youtu.be/7870-sEFqlg?t=140
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: the sniper (16th June 2019),TypeR (16th June 2019)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    not emotional this time but my point is the same. The problems are just endless, so far i think they havent even had one single rally without problems, its ridiculous on this level.

Maybe they should also change the team principal like Hyundai did? i dont know....

i know i will be thrown with rocks after the next sentence by Latvala and Meeke fans but they havent just delivered. Yes, i know that often this is because of the car but the fact that they havent got even ONE SINGLE podium after half the season isnt good enough, while all the drivers from other teams have been on podium at least once. Even Lappi who is having a nightmare season so far.

They are trailing Hyundai now almost by 50 points.

A lot of thinking for Mäkinen or Mr.Toyoda on summer break about those things.
    Even take this rally... if Meeke's wheel hadnt failed, he was on course the take Mikkelsen and Evans... then Tanak has his problem, Meeke could have been on podium.. thats how it goes

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts

It must be noted that Toyota does not have similar options with Mäkinen than Hyundai had with Nandan. Toyota is basically outsourcing its WRC program from Mäkinen's company, so they would have to change the service provider, if things ever escalate to a point where Tommi would have to be removed from his duties. Having said that, and without taking a stance on the question itself, I don't believe it's happening anytime soon.

And totally agree about Meeke and Latvala. Way too little support for the team and Tänak from both. JML's situation we all know, but Meeke has fallen from a title contender to the and-the-rest category. Not so long ago his name was often added to list of Ogier, Neuville and Tänak, but that's no longer the case.

Just a wild guess, but I think if the next rally wouldn't happen to be Finland, Latvala might have been benched.
    Last edited by Allez Andruet; 16th June 2019 at 19:24.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

13. Likes: pantealex (17th June 2019)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Latvala might have been benched.
    And who'd they put in?

15. Likes: tommeke_B (16th June 2019)