Page 96 of 160 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    According Rich Millener is FAKE NEWS.
    Yep, I think they meant the new R5 ie the old R1.

Liked 54 Times in 24 Posts
    Meeke on Toyota duties for the GR Yaris, had a race against Alonso. Alonso went off (Instagram story) https://www.instagram.com/krismeeke/

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
    Meeke on Toyota duties for the GR Yaris, had a race against Alonso. Alonso went off (Instagram story) https://www.instagram.com/krismeeke/
    can you post the exactly link,dont have instagram,and after some seconds blocking me.

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    can you post the exactly link,dont have instagram,and after some seconds blocking me.
    Sorry, it's a 'Story' and not a 'Post' so not sure I can link to it.

But Meeke's in the full Toyota gear and they are giving journalists hot laps around Estoril. Alonso out-brakes Meeke but goes off into the gravel. Funny clip.

The main thing for me is that the marketing for the road car is tied around the WRC. But, they have a new driver line-up for 2020. All a bit awkward. The WRC drivers were supposed to have had a hand in the development of the car. I believe there are marketing videos in the can with Tanak driving it.

But now it's been switched to Lopez, Alonso and Meeke. Which suggests to me that Meeke may still be involved with Toyota in some way (road car and R5?) for 2020.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts

But Meeke's in the full Toyota gear and they are giving journalists hot laps around Estoril. Alonso out-brakes Meeke but goes off into the gravel. Funny clip.

The main thing for me is that the marketing for the road car is tied around the WRC. But, they have a new driver line-up for 2020. All a bit awkward. The WRC drivers were supposed to have had a hand in the development of the car. I believe there are marketing videos in the can with Tanak driving it.

But now it's been switched to Lopez, Alonso and Meeke. Which suggests to me that Meeke may still be involved with Toyota in some way (road car and R5?) for 2020.
    Yes there are clips on YouTube with Meeke, Latvala and Tanak driving the Yaris GR and giving their impressions, albeit quite brief. Also some of Meeke driving the Fuji racetrack in a GR Supra with Tommi riding shotgun that is a little longer.

It's now 2020 and Meeke is an invited guest of Toyota for the Dakar. Toyota's making use of that pre-Ogier signed deal...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    It's now 2020 and Meeke is an invited guest of Toyota for the Dakar. Toyota's making use of that pre-Ogier signed deal...
    I believe the Dakar program does not have connections to the WRC contracts. Meeke had a one-year contract which is now officially over.

However, it's highly possible that Meeke considers doing Dakar since he does not have a WRC deal.

8. Likes: Allez Andruet (2nd January 2020)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Meeke and Dakar is the worst possible combination. For Dakar you need a driver that drives safely at high speed over long distances. Meeke generally either drives extremely fast and not very safe or slow. Something like rallycross would seem to fit his nature much more.

10. Likes: AnttiL (2nd January 2020)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I believe the Dakar program does not have connections to the WRC contracts.
    I think so too. The TGR WRC drivers have contracts with TMR (I think), not directly with Toyota or any of its departments/units.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

12. Likes: pantealex (2nd January 2020)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Meeke and Dakar is the worst possible combination. For Dakar you need a driver that drives safely at high speed over long distances. Meeke generally either drives extremely fast and not very safe or slow. Something like rallycross would seem to fit his nature much more.
    Stfu.. aye slow..
    He finished the Baja 1000