Page 75 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    This negative talk against TGR is going on and on. Quite boring really. It's quite questionable whether TGR lost Tanak or the other way around. Soon we'll see...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    Toyoda:
    "I will set a goal for next year: In 2020, we will all celebrate together for achieving all the titles at the final round in Japan. So let’s keep fighting together again next year."

https://toyotagazooracing.com/releas...c/1114-01.html
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

3. Likes: Norm75 (14th November 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Unpopular opinion, but I'd still say the best, though undeniably high risk, option for TGR is to put all their faith in Latvala. Pending he clears his head during the off-season ofcourse. Make JML the #1, let Kalle learn in the third car and hire whoever is suitable for the #2 role. And no, this can not be justified based on 2019, but IMO there's still more unused potential in Latvala than there is in Meeke for example. And Evans, even with all his seasons in WRC, I feel is still a bit too green to take the #1 role. Anyway, not an easy one for Tommi...
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

5. Likes: racerx1979 (14th November 2019),steve.mandzij (14th November 2019)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Unpopular opinion, but I'd still say the best, though undeniably high risk, option for TGR is to put all their faith in Latvala. Pending he clears his head during the off-season ofcourse. Make JML the #1, let Kalle learn in the third car and hire whoever is suitable for the #2 role. And no, this can not be justified based on 2019, but IMO there's still more unused potential in Latvala than there is in Meeke for example. And Evans, even with all his seasons in WRC, I feel is still a bit too green to take the #1 role. Anyway, not an easy one for Tommi...
    I always count on you to be as big a fan of Latvala as me

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    You are soo sooo far away with that one

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    You don't change a man after so many years. Latvala has passed his high and hasn't been able to match with the bests both mentally and also speedwise since he had to take more risk to keep the pace of Sebs (unless he was in his day but that happened only once in a while). I like Latvala as a person and as a driver, I remeber his best year, in 2014 when he was not far from Ogier after Alsace and a few rallys left. That year was his high, together with his first year in Toyota but if you want to win you need something more than raw speed, that's what Tanak got after the DMACK season and Latvala never got unfortunately.

Toyota should hire Ogier if they want to win the championship but I don't know how difficult it is or if it is feasible due to Tommy being the boss, I'm not following the silly season this year.

Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    You don't change a man after so many years. Latvala has passed his high and hasn't been able to match with the bests both mentally and also speedwise since he had to take more risk to keep the pace of Sebs (unless he was in his day but that happened only once in a while). I like Latvala as a person and as a driver, I remeber his best year, in 2014 when he was not far from Ogier after Alsace and a few rallys left. That year was his high, together with his first year in Toyota but if you want to win you need something more than raw speed, that's what Tanak got after the DMACK season and Latvala never got unfortunately.

Toyota should hire Ogier if they want to win the championship but I don't know how difficult it is or if it is feasible due to Tommy being the boss, I'm not following the silly season this year.
    I would say JML is most mentally fragile top driver at the moment. Which is sad and bit strange. Most drivers mature and become stronger (Tänak being perfect example), at later years just lose some edge (Loeb) but they dont usually fall apart like that.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    I would say JML is most mentally fragile top driver at the moment. Which is sad and bit strange. Most drivers mature and become stronger (Tänak being perfect example), at later years just lose some edge (Loeb) but they dont usually fall apart like that.
    He gave everything he had to win the championship. One should just admire him for that. Now he knows that he will never win it. Tanak being faster than him already in his first rallys in Toyota just put an end to all his hopes. Without that motivation he lost some speed.

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Toyoda:
    "I will set a goal for next year: In 2020, we will all celebrate together for achieving all the titles at the final round in Japan. So let’s keep fighting together again next year."

https://toyotagazooracing.com/releas...c/1114-01.html
    so thats why Toyoda was confident....they will have Ogier now

Toyota GAZOO Racing WRT
    @TGR_WRC
    ·
    9m
    Our season ends traditionally with a trip to @ToyotaMotorCorp headquarters which is located in Tokyo, Japan.

All drivers received a special memento from a Yaris WRC engine that were important for them.

The special memento is a piston from Yaris WRC engine:

@JariMattiWRC Rally Australia 2018 winning engine
    @KrisMeeke Rallye Deutchland 2019 triple podium
    @OttTanak Rally Spain 2019 a place where he was crowned as a new WRC Champion

Last edited by EstWRC; 20th November 2019 at 08:41.

13. Likes: pantealex (20th November 2019),WRC1 (20th November 2019)