Page 105 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1591
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    To be honest, I do not understand why would Mäkinen let Rovanperä finish before Ogier.
    Rovanperä is still learning and even though huge talent and future promise he can not be trusted to be sable for the full year and there fore to be the force to lean on to bring home either individual nor manufacturers title.
    Mäkinen has openly stated, that one of his goals is to convince Ogier to continue next year. No doubt to help to develop 2022 car.
    Pissing off Ogier is not the way to achieve this goal. If at the end of the year he will miss drivers title by few points I'll bet he will remember Sweden.
    Last year Mäkinen did not want to give out team orders so Latvala and Meeke tried to fight with Tänak until they went off. In my opinion Mäkinen lost the manufacturers title because he would not force Latvala and Meeke to play ball. Toyota was clearly the fastest car and still the title went to Hyundai.
    Then he let Tänak to go to Hyunday. I do understand that it was pretty weird stuff with the negotiations however Tänak was heavily involved with Fords 2017 car development (1x manu title and 2x drivers title) and then further developed the Toyota to winning car (1x manu title and 1x drivers title and Ogier choose Ford after testing Toyota in 2017). Now Tänak will help to develop 2022 Hyundai and I'll bet he will make current car faster also.
    Mäkinen now has some one he can lean on to develop the next gen car and he is willing to let him go just because he is not willing to give out team orders? I'm not sure that Adamo's way is the correct way however Mäkinen's way in my opinion, is also short sighted.
    Last edited by tonis_t; 17th February 2020 at 13:13.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Lappi was too close behind for them to start playing with team orders.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rovanperä could have waited 2 hours on the side of the road before finish and it would have been the same result for the team points wise.
    And when we look how things were done last year, I doubt that this was the case.
    Last edited by tonis_t; 17th February 2020 at 13:42.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonis_t View Post
    To be honest, I do not understand why would Mäkinen let Rovanperä finish before Ogier.
    Rovanperä is still learning and even though huge talent and future promise he can not be trusted to be sable for the full year and there fore to be the force to lean on to bring home either individual nor manufacturers title.
    Mäkinen has openly stated, that one of his goals is to convince Ogier to continue next year. No doubt to help to develop 2022 car.
    Pissing off Ogier is not the way to achieve this goal. If at the end of the year he will miss drivers title by few points I'll bet he will remember Sweden.
    Last year Mäkinen did not want to give out team orders so Latvala and Meeke tried to fight with Tänak until they went off. In my opinion Mäkinen lost the manufacturers title because he would not force Latvala and Meeke to play ball. Toyota was clearly the fastest car and still the title went to Hyundai.
    Then he let Tänak to go to Hyunday. I do understand that it was pretty weird stuff with the negotiations however Tänak was heavily involved with Fords 2017 car development (1x manu title and 2x drivers title) and then further developed the Toyota to winning car (1x manu title and 1x drivers title and Ogier choose Ford after testing Toyota in 2017). Now Tänak will help to develop 2022 Hyundai and I'll bet he will make current car faster also.
    Mäkinen now has some one he can lean on to develop the next gen car and he is willing to let him go just because he is not willing to give out team orders? I'm not sure that Adamo's way is the correct way however Mäkinen's way in my opinion, is also short sighted.
    Maybe Ogier already have pissed off Makinen, no jokes aside, He was too impressed with Rovanpera to ask him to slow on the PS.

Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonis_t View Post
    Maybe it would be logical. But that would look very bad wouldn't it? To deny the first podium after such an amazing drive. I am not sure even Ogier would want to do that.

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (17th February 2020)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    SuperKallewentballisticOgiwasattrocious !

Liked 96 Times in 44 Posts
    Ogier ogier ogier... He's quitting this year anyway. Why would you want to start messing with the young guy's mindset right away on his second rally, he could be the next Loeb for you and be with you for the next 10 years. Nobody wants to see these ridiculous team orders. If you want to win - step on it on the stages.

9. Likes: Augury (17th February 2020),Morte66 (19th February 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Kalle’s early podium probably created a lot of positive media coverage, whereas a team order would have been negative

11. Likes: pantealex (17th February 2020),User (17th February 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Päss1928 View Post
    Ogier ogier ogier... He's quitting this year anyway. Why would you want to start messing with the young guy's mindset right away on his second rally, he could be the next Loeb for you and be with you for the next 10 years. Nobody wants to see these ridiculous team orders. If you want to win - step on it on the stages.
    At the end of the year we will see if this tactic was right or not.

13. Likes: cali (17th February 2020)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Glad they didn't give team orders.

It's down to the six time world champion to beat the rookie.

15. Likes: 205-T16 (17th February 2020),AnttiL (17th February 2020),Rally Power (17th February 2020)