Page 186 of 191 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1904
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Are the MC winter tyre softer than the studded tyre?
    So if there's just snow and slush you want the winter tyre, but for frost like on Thursday and Col De Turini you choose the studded.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Cool that you share such information! Good luck!
    Well, I carefully look what I can share and what is not harmful for me or the team and is nice to read here
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

3. Likes: Allez Andruet (31st January 2018),AnttiL (31st January 2018),cali (31st January 2018),dimviii (31st January 2018),N.O.T (1st February 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018),Rallyper (1st February 2018),steve.mandzij (31st January 2018),STI69 (31st January 2018)
    Liked 12,160 Times in 5,214 Posts
    Awesome bluuford! So proud!

Continue this diary kind of writing

5. Likes: AnttiL (31st January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Well, I carefully look what I can share and what is not harmful for me or the team and is nice to read here
    I know this situation very well, sometimes is very difficult to find what should be published...

7. Likes: AnttiL (31st January 2018),bluuford (31st January 2018),pantealex (1st February 2018)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Well, this was my first ever Monte Carlo rally and it was nice but very long  We arrived very late during Sunday night and I had 3 days of recce with Toni first and then with Martin and Kuldar. Nice. I found it really important to understand the weather to learn the stages etc.
    Wednesday was really easy day, SD conditions were very easy for me.
    Thursady evening was slightly more complicated but with Monday recce, I consider it was reatively easy for me and chosen tyre was right. But this night was crazy, it was long day and service very late and next day was expected to be the most tricky. So , engineers left around 2AM and I worked until 03:30 AM and was not still entirely satisfied. So, then I slept in service truck in sofa until 6AM when first engineers arrived and I also continued with my work.
    Morning loop was almost OK, I think with better decision we would have been 5-7 sec faster in stage nr 4, but nothing serious.
    Afternoon loop was perfect, all as expected.
    By eveing, it was almost sure that next day will be snow and this was the message before the last service. Finally I had time to drive back to my hotel and take a shower. Then I slept an hour, woke up 10PM, took one beer with gravel crews and prepared Saturday until 2 PM, at 5PM I had breakfast and I drove to service where I started at 05:45.
    Saturday morning was perfect, exactly as expected, preparation for that day was good. Afternoon was also perfect, no mistakes. We had some discussion regarding last stage with engineers and it was so, so, finally we agreed some kind of solution and it wokred out fine. Then I had to drive to Monaco, it was long drive, I arrived there around 10PM and then I had short discussion with engineers and little walk around the seaside, because I could not fell in sleep. So, finally I managed to mess up with alarm clock and I woke up when I had to start breakfast. So, no breakfast and run to Service instead. Weather was easy, but the extension of black ice was really big unknown factor for me. So, big thanks for the gravel crews once more. We managed to cover almost everything, when I had lack of info or not so clear info, they filled all the caps. Without them, the weather looked more like supersoft + soft but they convinced to play it safe, so, some studs were really good decision! Also for the second loop. So, On Sunday, I would say that I lacked a bit of preparation (no recce on those stages) and my hands were a bit short for such conditions.
    Finally, I had to drive Nice to pick up Martin and Kuldar and I didn’t see the powerstage as our plane left just after 3PM already, otherwise, WRC all live is really nice addition!

By the way, Toyota team is really nice. Working with such a professionals is pure enjoyment! I like this "village" :P
    PS! That other Estonian in M-Sport was doing quite OK, he made some mistakes, and I was able to see where he might make mistakes as he used same methods as I did before (well, he had to produce info in similar way as I did there, and quess what I changed my approach this year and went one step further, which is secret) but otherwise I rate his perfomance as quite OK
    Interesting season will be ahead
    Thank you for this review, despite the exhaustion it must have been a great feeling to be with the team and tackle a challenge and successfully fulfil it.

Was this a one-off because of the specific nature of this event, or you are booked for next ones aswell?

Liked 38 Times in 17 Posts
    My video from Rally Monte Carlo 2018 https://youtu.be/M9sBigvuzCU Schermopname (14).jpg

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Are the MC winter tyre softer than the studded tyre?
    So if there's just snow and slush you want the winter tyre, but for frost like on Thursday and Col De Turini you choose the studded.
    Winter and studded tires are exactly the same compound - same tire, just one is with the studs and other without.
    Plus two slick compounds, super-soft (probably used only in Monte) and soft.

We did whole rally without using even one studded tire, mostly due to budget, but still managed to set pretty decent times on the slippery stages.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Kristian Sohlberg's VLOG part one from Monte Carlo, inspecting the conditions on Sisteron and Bayons-Breziers. Would have been better to see this before the rally https://vimeo.com/253244644

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    So basically out of the WRC drivers, only Mikkelsen retired from the rally (for mechanical) and Sordo for crash? That is quite a low number especially considering it's Monte.
    Every driver took the Ogier approach... hope it doesn't turn the season into no one is taking any risks anymore and they all "cruise" till the end.

13. Likes: AnttiL (31st January 2018),b3637853 (1st February 2018),pantealex (1st February 2018),Rally Hokkaido (1st February 2018),steve.mandzij (31st January 2018),TWRC (1st February 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    So basically out of the WRC drivers, only Mikkelsen retired from the rally (for mechanical) and Sordo for crash? That is quite a low number especially considering it's Monte.
    Every driver took the Ogier approach... hope it doesn't turn the season into no one is taking any risks anymore and they all "cruise" till the end.
    It's just a part of Ogier's long-term tactics. He used all of 2017 to lure all his competitors into cruise mode so he can win all the rallies in 2018.

15. Likes: pantealex (1st February 2018),spiderem (31st January 2018),stefanvv (31st January 2018),steve.mandzij (31st January 2018)