Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Sounds like a problem to me. I’m sure they’ll be working on a new hub design at this rate.

Latvala has also had these weird “oil system failures” after hard impacts. Toyota’s have a few issues they need to solve as well but that’s expected. M-Sport has had the most reliable cars this year.

2. Likes: marcosg (7th October 2017)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Definitely a weakness for the Hyundai in that area; and not the first time they've had an issue - going back as far as the Monte.
    To see 2 cars retire in the same corner reminds me of M-Sport Ford at Rally China in 1999, when McRae and Radstrom both hit the same culvert - and immediately retired.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    I do not agree here. From the photo it is clear they hit the massive concrete. If other car survived that it's more or less pure luck.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I do not agree here. From the photo it is clear they hit the massive concrete. If other car survived that it's more or less pure luck.
    WRC+ now has onboards of Mikkelsen, Østberg, Meeke and Hanninen from the spot.

Off course it's hard to judge with different camera positions but the first tree look like they are very much same spot in the cut (Østberg easiest to compare), Hanninen maybe a little bit more left, but still in cut.

I'd say either Hyundai weakness or they were the only 2 with wheels turned more out or a combination of both.

EDIT: Ogier also very similar line to Mikkelsen, Sordo seems to have been a bit more in than Mikkelsen though. Neuville a bit less in than both, similar line to Hanninen. Again it is hard to judge between cars from different teams due to camera placement, but clearly more cars than just the 2 that DNF were there.
    Last edited by mknight; 7th October 2017 at 22:04.

6. Likes: Jinu13 (8th October 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteVillagra View Post
    I'm not a fan of Gorban - Ukraine driver and picture is fantastic!

9. Likes: bluuford (8th October 2017)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Just watched highlights, Sordo, Mikkelsen and Tanak all clobber what definately seems to be storm drain, Tanak getting away with just a bent wheel rim. You can see onboard meeke clearly avoids the drain, and sounded to me the commentator said Sordo was warning him of the danger.

11. Likes: Jinu13 (8th October 2017)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Just watched highlights, Sordo, Mikkelsen and Tanak all clobber what definately seems to be storm drain, Tanak getting away with just a bent wheel rim. You can see onboard meeke clearly avoids the drain, and sounded to me the commentator said Sordo was warning him of the danger.
    You can see someone standing on the corner there, waving.
    Anyway Tanak's rim was bent in, so quite heavy impact... but no broken steering like the two others.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Sad for the Hyundai drivers; the rally is still exciting but the titles are now almost decided. Besides Meeke/Citroen big opportunity for another win (fingers crossed!) it’ll also be interesting to see MSport possible team orders: if Tanak is asked to ease up, we get to know there’s still a chance to keep Ogier in the team; if not, that could mean Wilson is doing everything to avoid Tanak going to Toyota, as Ogier is already lost to Citroen, or that both drivers will leave the team and there’s no use to ask them anything at all…

Btw, Solans is the new JWRC champ since SS7, as he only needed 3 stage wins. Congrats to him and to Ciamin, his strongest competitor during the season.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Sordo warning Meeke but not his team mate coming only minutes after? What on earth is he thinking???? Cannot see Hyundai let him get away with this. His interviews this weekend has been quite critical against Hyundai. This is not looking good
    Last edited by Eric; 7th October 2017 at 22:58.