Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

2. Likes: AL14 (9th October 2017)

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Exactly what I have said since Friday - while in Germany there are clear cuts available the nature of Catalan road construction makes the technique too much of a risk. Young Thierry needs to think more than he does currently to become a credible challenger for WDC
    First season he's contesting for title, these mistakes are bound to happen and they have. Ogier already knows what to do and he gets what needs, simply masterful.

Thierry has been runner up in the championship two times, but rather than losing out on the title he has beaten the others to the second spot. This season has been a new experience for him, being in the hunt for the title but now likely to lose it (if it isn't already settled..). I'm sure it makes him better for 2018.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Not sure if posted already, Lappi: https://www.facebook.com/www.Rally.i...4225483357614/

9. Likes: dimviii (9th October 2017)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry for the short delay in getting some thoughts online. I know you all must think it was a heavy party night after our win in Catalunya but in fact there were a lot of press and PR commitments, and a really nice team dinner, and then I drove back home really late at night. I’ve needed a ride on my bike this morning just to get properly woken up!
    Anyway, it was pretty much a perfect weekend in Spain. The key day for us was always going to be the Friday, because we had to stay in the lead bunch during those stages. We knew even before we got to Spain how much potential the C3 WRC has on asphalt, but we had to be in a position to exploit it.
    We didn’t have a perfect day on Friday, frankly; we made not the perfect tyre choice in the morning, because we went too soft on the package and we got caught out towards the end of the final stage of that loop.

The tyres overheated and delaminated. That cost us 10 to 15 seconds. Then I had a spin on the first stage after service and we lost another five seconds or so.
    So it was a little bit frustrating but we did managed to stay in touch with the lead; we were only three seconds or so away from it on Friday night.
    We hadn’t done any testing in Spain on the asphalt so that probably gave me an extra lift and motivation on the Saturday morning. I was telling myself, ‘I’m not going to be caught cold on this surface, against these guys who’ve done their testing on Spanish tarmac. I’m going to hit the ground running.’ And fortunately for me, that turned the tide. We were able to catch a few of the other guys on the hop and pull out an advantage.

From then on, the car just gave me so much confidence. It was a pleasure to drive. You’ll have seen that on the Sunday; I was driving open and freely, and it was a really nice experience to be able to drive with a smile on my face again.
    It’s another box ticked, for sure, to win on asphalt in the WRC. And in Spain; as I finished the last stage, I remembered walking up the same road 20 years ago to watch Colin McRae in the Subaru. I never thought back then that I’d even drive a rally car, let alone be in a position to win the Rally Catalunya myself.
    I’m delighted for everyone in the team. It’s a timely boost for everyone after a very difficult period. We always knew the C3 was fast, and we’ve showed it.

We have to take care, though, because this doesn’t change the world in terms of the wider, overall championship. We still need to work in certain areas. But a victory always helps, and it gives everyone in the Citroen Racing team a boost going into Rally GB.
    We’ve another test coming soon - for Wales but not in Wales, if you know what I mean - but hopefully everyone now can work in a calmer way and we can use this as a stepping stone.
    Thanks, as always, for your support,
    Kris

https://www.facebook.com/krismeeke
    This is definitely not written by him or a British person at all, however it was one of his best wins and I want to see if he could repeat holding a rally with the same approach soon. Best case scenario, he does and it appears that hematures 10-15 years later than average; worst case - crash on the 3rd stage of the next rally.

Gary Boyd‏*
    @KiwiWRCfan

* Dani Sordo's power stage win was Hyundai's 70th stage win of 2017
    * Kris Meeke now has 1 more 2017 stage win than Seb Ogier
    Last edited by dimviii; 9th October 2017 at 18:00.

12. Likes: CWJ (11th October 2017),Jewy46 (10th October 2017),Mirek (9th October 2017),steve.mandzij (9th October 2017)
    very interesting the stage rally leaders.