Page 40 of 279 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    Loeb is capable of winning straight away. You all could argue here but he showed in a pretty much unpredictable car even for him. He will not only help Neuville or the manu title, but he will help in development and make that car fast on tarmac and gravel too. He is no just average person but he have many years of experience on that level. What profit he could also have is WRX. He could help develop cars there too and be more competitive since PSA is nothing but a cheapstake. Mikkelsen, OK I don't know what is with him or with his car. But if he will continue like that he will be out of the team but then will be #roadtowrc really hard to achieve again. I don't know but everytime that driver needs to show what they can achieve they could do amazing things but when they re signed for a long term they fall back.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    I'm okay with his. Subaru had veterans like Vatanen, Alen, Kankkunen and even Makinen to support the team's main drivers. And Loeb's proven he can still win, let alone bring the points and attention. The biggest surprise is that I think he's properly outside the PSA realm for the first time.

That makes Jean Ragnotti the rally Highlander, where there can be only one (manufacturer).

Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    It's clear to me that Loeb is going there 100% to help them win the Manu's title. They want that really badly after all the money they've invested over the years. If Loeb beats Neuville at times, that's just tough.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Loeb has signed for Hyundai according to David Evans. Article in autosport
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...-deal-for-2019
    Great news for Hyundai and the WRC; 2019 will be a heck of a season!

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    To me it´s absolutely clear Huyndai should write Mikkelsen off.
    Drivers have ups and downs, like everybody; if firing them after a bad season was the norm, probably Ogier would be the only still driving.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Great news for Hyundai and the WRC; 2019 will be a heck of a season!

Drivers have ups and downs, like everybody; if firing them after a bad season was the norm, probably Ogier would be the only still driving.
    i agree . Tanak had several very poor seasons and look at him now.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Although he was an unexperienced paying or semi-paying driver in a private operation, not a multiple rally winner and (former) podium contender in a team with the biggest-2. biggest budget fighting for the title. Hyundai offered him 6 rally`s at the end of his DMack WRC season, that should be an indicator between the difference of full-manu vs semi-manu.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 12th December 2018 at 18:49.

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Yeah, I get that, and I appreciate I might be living in hope, but I just think things will have changed in his mind now he's dropping ten (is it ten?) RX rounds... and because of the feeling he got when he won again. I guess we'll see tomorrow.
    Nope, he's always repeated that the reason he stopped rallying full time, is still there, and it's rather unlikely it will ever change.

I guess, if for some reason we go down to 8-10 rallies a year, he might be considering a full season comeback. Well, depending on the amount of testing.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    He and Elena probably remind themselves of their age. One thing is being able mentally and skill-wise, but being able physically to do all the 14 rounds is another story. Around that time, when Elena posted his "bye-bye" tweet, he also referred to his physical capabilities i believe.

9. Likes: Ljuke (12th December 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    [QUOTE=Myrvold;1202131]Nope, he's always repeated that the reason he stopped rallying full time, is still there, and it's rather unlikely it will ever change.

Has he said this since Peugeot pulled out of RX though? (I’m not arguing that he hasn’t - I genuinely don’t know).. do you?

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Has he said this since Peugeot pulled out of RX though? (I’m not arguing that he hasn’t - I genuinely don’t know).. do you?
    No, but it's not down to what other things he are able to drive. As I've understood it, it's the whole commitment of a long WRC season, with all the testing, travelling, pre-work etc.