Page 277 of 281 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 2804

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    I have been chating with Thierry now and he told me that he won't leave next year in ANY case.

2. Likes: cali (17th March 2024),Eli (16th March 2024),Rallyper (16th March 2024),WRCStan (16th March 2024)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Who needed that clarifying . We all read it right.
    It needed clarifying as the selective quotes chosen by Rally Journal were misleading...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/neuvi...ment-comments/

It's also a bit worrying re Hyundai and Neuville obviously has doubts about their continuation with the new Regs.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    I know this is less about the rally itself, but I do hope Hyundai does something special for their livery in Croatia like last year; After all it will be a year since, and I sincerely hope they do something more than 'for Craig' in Croatia.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

5. Likes: becher (17th March 2024),TWRC (18th March 2024)
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    I have been chating with Thierry now and he told me that he won't leave next year in ANY case.
    Are you a journalist or team member or...?

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Do you guys think after this Rally (Kenya for future reference), & Cyril's statement there's a real threat we won't see Hyundai Motorsport after this season?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Do you guys think after this Rally (Kenya for future reference), & Cyril's statement there's a real threat we won't see Hyundai Motorsport after this season?
    I think it will be decided by men in suits in faraway offices for reasons that make no great sense to the rest of us.

9. Likes: masa90 (30th March 2024)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    I think there is a high chance based on Cyril interviews to dirtfish and autohebdo.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    I think his heart belong to formula. He constantly compare those two sports. Man, I hope he does not pushing out of the sport. Those words about competive car is such dumb. All three manus are on the same page right now and will be even in june, when rules will be on paper. No one will get the advantage. So they will all get same amount of time for preparing their machines. Their decision of staying could also be a factor if they win at least driver championship. It's necessary I think. If both, even better. Hyundai did rise their sale numbers because of the sport, even if they are not winning or dominate. Toyota don't need to rise it because they were already at the top before they came in it. Their boss just like rallying and it's their herritage. Hyundai's decision of ending their N-line of ICE cars is such a stupid move and they will regret it. Some brands are bringing ICE engines back, because they realize EV will never replace that technology.

What I don't get it is why all three were so against hybrid few weeks ago, now when they will remove it from cars, are all against it. Why? Just why?

Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    Yes there is real danger I think. Been rumoured for ages and lets be honest the current future of the whole sport is in dangerous spot to be honest.

13. Likes: Eli (30th March 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Not for me, I think there is possibility the manufacturers championship returns to a makes championships and Hyundai will be represented by customers in Rally2/+. Can't have Toyota as the only serious entrant vs M-Sport, even if the results look like it.

I was already saying for some time that Hyundai global are pulling out, but there won't be an announcement mid-season. They don't need to play any PR games, it's clear to every man and his dog that most of the automotive market is moving away from what motorsport offers.

Will be glad to be proven wrong, nothing good to come out of it.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi