Page 244 of 277 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2764

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    On the Estonian Go3 channel, they had a guest there who organized last year's Rally Estonia PET for Hyundai and he recounted a story about the issues Hyundai faced during the event. On the first day when Ott was testing, the team ran out of spare bumper splitters and had to come up with a quick solution in order to continue the test. Initially, they considered making the splitters out of wood and even contacted a local carpenter for assistance. However, the carpenter did not have the right size and the team had to find an alternative solution. Eventually, they were able to find the right company who could make them from the right material and the testing was able to continue. Crazy story!
    They spending money others way, not to preparing car great and yeah neuville there is a boss for every one i think...

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Yes, I also think Hyundai moving into F1 is a pipedream atm. They are already too late to meet the new regs in 2026, and we have seen how long it has taken Audi to find a team to buy over and commit. Porsche are also having a hell of a struggle finding a team to partner, talks with Red bull fell away and I'm not sure yet if they have found another team to go into a partnership with? Andretti and Cadillac also want to join, but seems they can only get in if F1 expand the current grid, but the existing F1 teams are crying about that because the share of the revenue would be diluted. Andretti are already building new F1 facilities etc though, which shows how much forward planning you need.

Hyundai won't be in F1 before the next again cycle of regs by 2032 onwards imo. Which can't be bad news for their WRC involvement, as they clearly still want to be active in various forms of motorsport and WRC for all its fault is still bigger than touring cars etc
    All they need to do is buy an existing team.

The only issue is finding one that wants to be sold to them 😛

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    All they need to do is buy an existing team.

The only issue is finding one that wants to be sold to them 😛
    They will buy Red Bull. Abiteboul knows Horner very well

4. Likes: becher (26th January 2023)
    Liked 101 Times in 37 Posts
    It's in Estonian and behind a paywall, but: https://sport.postimees.ee/7711972/t...ndai-ees-eelis

It's written that Hyundai complained the most about hybrid related problems during Sweden and that's because the carbon-fibre box that houses the system is too tightly connected to the car and got bumped around a lot causing failures. They could solve it by using a joker but those are obviously worth so-so much that it's not a priority.

6. Likes: cali (14th February 2023),EstWRC (14th February 2023)
    Liked 283 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinepikohv View Post
    It's in Estonian and behind a paywall, but: https://sport.postimees.ee/7711972/t...ndai-ees-eelis

It's written that Hyundai complained the most about hybrid related problems during Sweden and that's because the carbon-fibre box that houses the system is too tightly connected to the car and got bumped around a lot causing failures. They could solve it by using a joker but those are obviously worth so-so much that it's not a priority.
    Wasnt it the same reason Tänak had to retire last year in Sweden, Hybrid system went to error after a jump. Guess they should of have learned something from it, but guess not

Liked 392 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    Wasnt it the same reason Tänak had to retire last year in Sweden, Hybrid system went to error after a jump. Guess they should of have learned something from it, but guess not
    The article mentioned that they can only change it with a joker and they don't want to use one for it...so go figure.

Liked 133 Times in 46 Posts
    I think Abiteboul is really very good choice by Hyundai - one can see that he is the guy who survived the Jurassic Park of F1 and comes from another level - true heavy weight. Compare his guts and experience with Latvala, for example. Abiteboul is very good thing that happened to WRC.

10. Likes: cali (16th February 2023),seb_sh (20th March 2023)
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersX View Post
    I think Abiteboul is really very good choice by Hyundai - one can see that he is the guy who survived the Jurassic Park of F1 and comes from another level - true heavy weight. Compare his guts and experience with Latvala, for example. Abiteboul is very good thing that happened to WRC.
    Indeed, here are already some idea's he's floating to take over from F1:

“There is the 80/20 rule. In F1, we want to have 100% and therefore it is very expensive. I believe this can be completely applied in the rally, i.e. having 80% of the result for 20% of the investment. When I look at Hyundai, I think we could invest a little more on digital simulation."

"We can do better, but we will always be in approximations. There is one thing that shocks me a little, and that is the understanding of the tyres. For example, it is very complicated to know when a soft starts to work less well than a hard, over what distance... It's difficult to simulate, but despite everything I think we could do a little more"

"On the other hand, we could simulate everything related to driving procedures, maps or starts. I could see that not all pilots do the same starting procedure and we could systematize it a little more. With pedals, steering wheel and lights, so very rudimentary things, we can start working. »

https://www.autohebdo.fr/actualites/...imulation.html

12. Likes: cali (20th March 2023),dnb (19th March 2023),seb_sh (20th March 2023)
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    "We lived this final with a lot of intensity. It's in the right direction, it's great. Thierry has done a remarkable job, especially since Saturday noon. It's proof of his ability to concentrate, of resilience , to apply pressure to push for mistakes. We were not demotivated after the loss of Esapekka. It's a nice gift that Thierry gives himself and he gives to the whole team. He knows that when you lose a car that was in the lead, it's a blow to morale. Thierry's finish is all the more satisfying. It's a very nice operation, I'm not going to say that has a taste of victory. We saw that Tanak was in difficulty. For some reason that I do not know too well, Rovanpera was not there either. It was important to take advantage of it for the championship, "said Cyril Abiteboul.

And the Hyundai team principal added: "Thierry managed the psychology of the team, his own and that of the opponent. He reminds me a bit of a Fernando Alonso, who uses all the weapons, including those little media coverage. When he announces, for example, on TV that the opponent has a mechanical problem. I like it because there is a side that is put under pressure from all angles. It is the demonstration of a driver who has a lot of of experience and intelligence."

"I would be surprised if Ogier did not tell himself that there is a championship to be won. He took risks in the Power Stage, it shows that he wanted to go for the additional points. If not It's not to add them to the championship, I don't know what the point is," concluded the Frenchman.

https://www.rtbf.be/article/wrc-mexique-cyril-abiteboul-thierry-neuville-me-fait-un-peu-penser-a-fernando-alonso-il-a-beaucoup-d-experience-et-d-intelligence-11170067

14. Likes: dimviii (20th March 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    "We lived this final with a lot of intensity. It's in the right direction, it's great. Thierry has done a remarkable job, especially since Saturday noon. It's proof of his ability to concentrate, of resilience , to apply pressure to push for mistakes. We were not demotivated after the loss of Esapekka. It's a nice gift that Thierry gives himself and he gives to the whole team. He knows that when you lose a car that was in the lead, it's a blow to morale. Thierry's finish is all the more satisfying. It's a very nice operation, I'm not going to say that has a taste of victory. We saw that Tanak was in difficulty. For some reason that I do not know too well, Rovanpera was not there either. It was important to take advantage of it for the championship, "said Cyril Abiteboul.

And the Hyundai team principal added: "Thierry managed the psychology of the team, his own and that of the opponent. He reminds me a bit of a Fernando Alonso, who uses all the weapons, including those little media coverage. When he announces, for example, on TV that the opponent has a mechanical problem. I like it because there is a side that is put under pressure from all angles. It is the demonstration of a driver who has a lot of of experience and intelligence."

"I would be surprised if Ogier did not tell himself that there is a championship to be won. He took risks in the Power Stage, it shows that he wanted to go for the additional points. If not It's not to add them to the championship, I don't know what the point is," concluded the Frenchman.

https://www.rtbf.be/article/wrc-mexique-cyril-abiteboul-thierry-neuville-me-fait-un-peu-penser-a-fernando-alonso-il-a-beaucoup-d-experience-et-d-intelligence-11170067
    This is also a sign that - quite smartly - Cyril has realised he will need to carefully manage Thierry... both to keep him in the right frame of mind since his psychology has always been his weakness, and for his long-term job prospects since HMSG = Team Thierry