Page 196 of 281 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2804

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Really dunno if this is good or bad news but in twitter some of the comments are not very encouraging

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Really dunno if this is good or bad news but in twitter some of the comments are not very encouraging

You mean because of what happened with Kimi back in 2013?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Well, let’s see if the Boullier rumors are confirmed but at least, it would solve definitively the issue so that they can focus on next year. A bit difficult to evaluate his F1 results: in Lotus, the results were quite good and you have to take into account that the owner (Gerard Lopez) was really strange ... to say the least (you can see what he did in soccer, especially about finance, if you’re interested, in Lille, Mouscron, Bordeaux or Boavista). In McLaren, well, the team had issues before him and the Honda motor agreement was made before he arrived.

I will also have an opinion a bit different from a lot of people here about one guy: I think Moncet did the job (does not mean I think he should have full-time job necessarily but he does his best in a shitty situation he was not responsible for); ok, the results may seem short but I think it was really a crap job to cumulate his usual functions + the team director job with only a deputy status meaning he has no full authority, all of that with a car that was late in terms of development when he became interim team director.
    For me, he was quite okay in the communication (no polemic raised on his side) and, even if it is still not perfect, the car has a lot improved in terms of reliability since the beginning of the season; with already 3 wins (and contrary to Sardinia where they could have lost everything with Tanak reliability issues, the 2 last ones has nothing to do with luck), they’ve saved the season and it’s a basis to work for next year. I don’t really think they could have done much more with how late they were this winter; the strategy about focusing on gravel was good as the car already shows some good speed on tarmac in Croatia and considering the remaining rounds and in the end, they still were able to win Ypres.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 22nd August 2022 at 22:25.

4. Likes: Corcaíoch (23rd August 2022),drive (23rd August 2022),Eli (24th August 2022),steve.mandzij (22nd August 2022),TWRC (23rd August 2022)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Moncet continues as deputy team director, Hyundai confirms. Other stories are false and they needed to make it clear.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Moncet continues as deputy team director, Hyundai confirms. Other stories are false and they needed to make it clear.
    At least no Boullier

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    The thing is... Moncet really isn't doing that bad of a job.

In WRC, they have the same number of wins as 2021 already, with an improving car.

In WTCR, they're walking away with both titles.

Recently their ETCR car scored its first event win.

The Rally2 car is improving, and was fast enough to win in Finland.

Sure he isn't a dominant or outgoing character, but look at the stinking situation their 'charismatic' main man left them in... the very stinking situation Moncet has been put in temporary charge of and expected to perform miracles...

For all the talk around him, the criticism, the drivers claiming he isn't the right man, what more was he supposed to do? Turn water into wine?

8. Likes: Corcaíoch (25th August 2022),skarderud (24th August 2022)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    At least no Boullier

Hopefully that's the case into the future as well

10. Likes: cali (24th August 2022)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    The thing is... Moncet really isn't doing that bad of a job.

In WRC, they have the same number of wins as 2021 already, with an improving car.

In WTCR, they're walking away with both titles.

Recently their ETCR car scored its first event win.

The Rally2 car is improving, and was fast enough to win in Finland.

Sure he isn't a dominant or outgoing character, but look at the stinking situation their 'charismatic' main man left them in... the very stinking situation Moncet has been put in temporary charge of and expected to perform miracles...

For all the talk around him, the criticism, the drivers claiming he isn't the right man, what more was he supposed to do? Turn water into wine?
    manage drivers.
    and board relationship.
    other stuff is really about other people ( engine apart, of course)

12. Likes: cali (24th August 2022)
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Maybe when Tänak is saying that Moncet is not suitable for that job, his is not meaning it literally but rather that if Moncet would be promoted, their engine department would be weaker. Hyundai has a very good engine and Toyota even had to bring upgraded version of their own to Rally Estonia to match Hyundai. So to keep this part going strong, Tänak wants someone else.

14. Likes: cali (24th August 2022),tr4m (24th August 2022),TWRC (24th August 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    manage drivers.
    and board relationship.
    other stuff is really about other people ( engine apart, of course)
    The problem is, he hasn't had a fair crack at it, at least when it comes to disciplining drivers. All along, he's been the 'deputy', the 'interim'... the caretaker, basically. Do you see Tanak or Neuville taking a bollocking from him?

Same with the 'board relationship', when that board isn't even prepared to make a decision about his own position, do you see him kicking their arse to get the 'organisation structure' sorted, as many have said is needed?

I think he's been given a thankless task these last 8 months, and yes, maybe all the progress has happened regardless of his effort. But frankly just to keep having a microphone shoved in front of his face when things have gone wrong, to put up with having fairly unpleasant things written about him, the team and the car in many places, and doing so without losing his cool in public, that's worth something to me. If I were making the decision, I'd at least let him have a go at the job full-time, without the 'deputy' hanging over him and limiting his credibility and power.