Page 190 of 280 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2792

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    What does that prove? The Subaru is a completely different car and the level of competition in ARA is different. When the ARA top guys come to WRC, they can hardly get into top 10.
    And "hardly into top 10" is even being kind to ARA drivers. The top drivers are Pastrana, Block and Semenuk. We already saw Pastrana and Block in WRC, they would all struggle big time in any European national championship.
    Dirtfish boosts ARA because they're Americans, but using ARA as a unit of measurement for Oliver is like saying Simone Tempestini's talent is outstanding because he's a 6 times Romanian rally champion.

2. Likes: AnttiL (12th August 2022),cali (12th August 2022),dimviii (12th August 2022),pantealex (12th August 2022),steve.mandzij (12th August 2022),the sniper (13th August 2022)
    Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    He can handle a Rally1 car for sure, but he definitely can't handle the Rally1 competition.

In all honesty, we ask for more Rally1 seats, but there are only 10-15 people in this world which would be "good enough" anyway.
    I don't think he can handle a Rally1 car, not yet at least. He admitted it himself after his accident in Finland, in the DirtFish interview: "it's hard to find the balance between being *last* and *risking* being fast".

He needs a step back ASAP because that's a career death sentence statement.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

4. Likes: AnttiL (13th August 2022),cali (12th August 2022),Eli (12th August 2022),TWRC (14th August 2022)
    Liked 401 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    I don't think he can handle a Rally1 car, not yet at least. He admitted it himself after his accident in Finland, in the DirtFish interview: "it's hard to find the balance between being *last* and *risking* being fast".

He needs a step back ASAP because that's a career death sentence statement.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Well he surly can't handle a Rally1 car at the requiered pace.

6. Likes: AnttiL (13th August 2022)
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    In the German rallye-magazin.de Chef technician Christian Loriaux is mentioning the overweight of the Hyundai WRC car. They did not want to make the mistake again when developing the i20 Rally1 and construct the chassis too weak. Has this been discussed before?

"After all, the engine was reliable. The Hyundai drivers shot through the Finnish forests at 197 km/h. Toyota only achieved 188. The engine performance of the turbo four-cylinder is only part of the truth, "one of the reasons for the high top speed is that we have too little downforce,"

The clever Belgian has long had some ideas up his sleeve to remedy the situation, but at the moment his drivers have to live with the fact that the i20 Rally1 is the most beautiful car in the field, but lacks the downforce.

But it's not just the aerodynamics that bother the team. The car drags around 30 kilos of excess weight and that costs about a tenth of a second per kilometer. That may not sound like much at first, but extrapolated to the entire Rally Finland it is over 30 seconds.

Among other things, Hyundai apparently did not want to make the mistake again when developing the i20 Rally1 and construct the chassis too weak. The experiences with the World Rally Car were too painful, the wheels of which buckled at the slightest contact with the rocks. However, there are more problems lurking in the new chassis, because the steering behavior of the car is not optimal and the drivers complain that the rear end likes to lead a life of its own, especially in medium-speed corners"

https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...gewicht-48856/

8. Likes: AnttiL (13th August 2022),becher (13th August 2022),cali (13th August 2022),EstWRC (13th August 2022),TWRC (14th August 2022)
    Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    The problem with the rear end is on change in october, new rear axel.
    The main thing is that they "gambled" with the struts pointing front, and towards center of car in both directions, to get best weight distribution and center the mass.
    They goes back to more straight upwards on the update.

Pardon my bad english if it didn't make sense.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

10. Likes: cali (13th August 2022),Sergiow (13th August 2022),TWRC (14th August 2022)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Reading that makes Thierrys and Tänaks efforts this season even more impressive IMO
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: cali (14th August 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Reading that makes Thierrys and Tänaks efforts this season even more impressive IMO
    Indeed if they fix the issues we hopefully won't have 7 years of Rovanpera domination.

14. Likes: flat_right (14th August 2022)
    Liked 486 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    The problem with the rear end is on change in october, new rear axel.
    The main thing is that they "gambled" with the struts pointing front, and towards center of car in both directions, to get best weight distribution and center the mass.
    They goes back to more straight upwards on the update.
    Does anyone know or remember what type of suspension did Hyundai have before Rally1 cars? Tänak didn't like the handling of the car also back then (complaining many times + often risking with only one spare tyre). Maybe it was from totally other reasons but would be interesting to know.

16. Likes: cali (15th August 2022)
    Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Does anyone know or remember what type of suspension did Hyundai have before Rally1 cars? Tänak didn't like the handling of the car also back then (complaining many times + often risking with only one spare tyre). Maybe it was from totally other reasons but would be interesting to know.
    If you mean suspension supplier they switched to ZF Sachs I think during Tänaks first year with Hyundai, and have had it ever since

Liked 486 Times in 187 Posts
    Okay, thank you for the info. I think I didn't express myself clearly. As I'm not very familiar with the terminology what I actually meant how are the struts connected now compared to what they had then.