Page 146 of 281 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2804

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    "Team Solberg"

It all started in Safari Rally in Kenya. It went wrong, and Oliver crashed the car. The boss was pissed off. He threw down the phone and said: "Here we are investing in the youth" ironically. Honestly, I told him he could not go on like that.

He continues:
    - After the crash, Oliver was in meetings with the team and came back completely shaken. All this is on film. I watched one episode the other day, and it all came together. It's totally sick. I have been involved in a lot since I started driving in 1999, but this is on a new level, says dad Solberg.

https://www.dagbladet.no/sport/sonne...sjukt/74889194
    I saw it yesterday, it says "one of the bosses". So either Penasse or Adamo (anyone else?).

The crash happened on 25.6 (but he also had crash in first pass of SD on 24.6.), Penasse was announced to leave Hyundai on 24.6. It is also not that clear what crash the article refers to.

Note that after Safari Adamo was quoted as saying that Solberg will only drive Rally2 for rest of the year, but two rallies and two crashes later he was announced for WRC in Spain.
    So if anything he was getting pushed more later in the season.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I saw it yesterday, it says "one of the bosses". So either Penasse or Adamo (anyone else?).

The crash happened on 25.6 (but he also had crash in first pass of SD on 24.6.), Penasse was announced to leave Hyundai on 24.6. It is also not that clear what crash the article refers to.

Note that after Safari Adamo was quoted as saying that Solberg will only drive Rally2 for rest of the year, but two rallies and two crashes later he was announced for WRC in Spain.
    So if anything he was getting pushed more later in the season.
    Must've been Adamo.

Penasse left after the decision on contractors came from Korea:

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/alain...after-estonia/

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    “ Further development potential for the i20 N Rally1 is now restricted by the FIA’s homologation process, which DirtFish understands got underway on Tuesday.”

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/neuvi...-on-wednesday/

4. Likes: cali (14th December 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Must've been Adamo.

Penasse left after the decision on contractors came from Korea:

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/alain...after-estonia/
    Adamo seems like Solbergs biggest fanboy and has kicked drivers around before for nothing. So doesn't line up with him being the angry one.

If Penasse was told to leave right before he would have less issues and restraints on being vocal.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Adamo seems like Solbergs biggest fanboy and has kicked drivers around before for nothing. So doesn't line up with him being the angry one.

If Penasse was told to leave right before he would have less issues and restraints on being vocal.
    Or less reason to be that bothered about Solberg crashing...

It was Adamo.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts

It was Adamo, and what's in the media is only a small part of it, all will be revealed one day I'm sure.
    Some people inside the WRC has gone as far as calling him a psychopath...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

8. Likes: AnttiL (14th December 2021),cali (14th December 2021),EstWRC (14th December 2021),Hartusvuori (15th December 2021),lancia037 (14th December 2021),logic (14th December 2021),Rallyper (15th December 2021)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Agree Adamo had his flaws, but on the flip side maybe it isn't ideal having Peter and the media train so involved with following Olivers every move.

Sometimes drivers might need a kick up the arse and a proper grilling - it's about knowing what is right for the individual. McRae needed that approach sometimes, whereas if anyone hammered Latvala you knew you'd ruin him mentally. Oliver Solberg changed his approach in his next starts in a WRC car so maybe Adamo was correct to lay into him? (although maybe still was a bit OTT at the same time)

You see it in football nowadays, the younger generation find it hard to stomach harsh criticism or the "hairdryer" treatment. Oliver is the type of character who absolutely loves rallying and you can see the enjoyment he gets, but when you get chances at a top team stakes change. Maybe he needed a little reality check.
    Whatever Adamo was like in regards to the safari offs it didn't have a negative effect on Oliver when he got back into the WRC car in Spain or Monza.

10. Likes: Rallyper (15th December 2021)
    How does that lineup with him seemingly pushing Solberg in the main team?

Was he acting like bipolar with best buddies and hate switching every few days?
    Or someone else (or contract/money) was pushing Solberg in?

(I noticed that during Solberg's testing in Greece the man rumored to replace Adamo was there)

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    How does that lineup with him seemingly pushing Solberg in the main team?

Was he acting like bipolar with best buddies and hate switching every few days?
    Or someone else (or contract/money) was pushing Solberg in?

(I noticed that during Solberg's testing in Greece the man rumored to replace Adamo was there)
    Again I'm not sure, just providing a counter argument if it was Adamo who came down very hard on Oliver.

Sometimes you come down hard on those you believe in most, if you know the individual can handle it.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    One thing is coming down hard on someone, another is acting like you're in a Godfather movie.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net