Page 145 of 281 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2804

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Can one of you guys in the know explain why you can't say... why is it so secret or sensitive ?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Dirtfish's podcast says that when Adamo became the team boss, he made the decision to handle all media by himself. He told everyone in the team not to say anything to journalists, and that decision remained until the end.

I would say that's a very Adamo kind of way of working, often it felt like he was playing a game with media, especially with Dirtfish.

Compare that to Toyota where you have a group of leaders or M-Sport where the leadership is split between Millener and Wilson.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    With your final remark you have both helped explain why that first paragraph happens and become a part of it. It's not a negative situation like you make it sound. There's no cookies for being correct, first or being in the loop and knowing for a fact that somebody is wrong.

I've not been here long enough to know who you are. Even if you are Thierry, this is a public forum. I'm going to poke your idea and ask why would he be in a WRC assuming Hyundai are footing the bill?
    I am nobody important, all i know is what i read here and other places and use my brain to fill in the gaps. The WRC17 Fiesta thing is a joke i started to say since Wuorela said on twitter that Hyundai/Tanak is retiring. I suppose it doesn't come across as joking/sarcasm as well on text.

4. Likes: WRCStan (9th December 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    When you tell enough rumors, sometimes you end up predicting correctly

To me seb_sh's sarcasm was clear

6. Likes: cali (9th December 2021),seb_sh (9th December 2021),steve.mandzij (9th December 2021)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Is that Wuorela chap still banging his Tanak retirement drum?

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Is that Wuorela chap still banging his Tanak retirement drum?
    Yep, and Hyundai leaving also

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Yep, and Hyundai leaving also
    For the past six months or so his main input on commentating the current WRC scene has been about 1) how hybrids were a terrible call from the FIA, 2) how driver X will call it a day before the next rally or the next season and 3) how Hyundai is going to pull the plug. I guess he's going to keep the same tune till one of the predictions eventually materialize, doesn't matter when.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

10. Likes: cali (9th December 2021),Eli (9th December 2021),er88 (9th December 2021),EstWRC (9th December 2021),jcevc (14th December 2021),jonkka (10th December 2021),lancia037 (9th December 2021),pantealex (11th December 2021),seb_sh (9th December 2021)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    A few days after the departure of Andréa Adamo and a few days after her impressive test outing, Thierry Neuville looks back for us on this rather heckled start of the offseason ... But nothing to dampen his morale.

Thierry how have you lived these last days?

We're in the development phase of the new car and we're all very busy. The last few days have been a little more intense than expected following the accident on our last practice session which made things difficult for the team. But we are moving forward, we know that we have a little work left but everyone is working very, hard to continue our development program.

The context is particular, Andrea Adamo is leaving the team. Was this a decision that surprised you?

We were all surprised at the speed of the change. It’s a personal choice, for personal reasons. It is a choice that we fully respect, I fully support him in his decision. There are priorities, sometimes things more important than the job and we can only thank him for these fantastic few years that we spent together. Andrea was a very loyal person, a hard worker, a reliable man, and that’s what we all appreciated about him. I had a good and strong relationship with him, we could laugh together but we worked really hard together too. A yes was a yes, a no was a no, he kept his commitments. It was also a bit like our father, he checked in every day to see how we were doing. It showed his desire to do a job well, to push the team forward, to create a good spirit.

The period is important, there is this new car and then the Monte Carlo which is fast approaching. In terms of timing, isn't this the best time to be without a boss?

It's not ideal, that's clear. But all is not going to stop, the team is well established, well structured. All people have their responsibilities. Everyone is well aware of the work to be done.

What is the profile of the new boss for you?

I don't know, it must be close to what Andrea was doing. After all, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and we have to adapt. The priority is to focus on our goal and develop the car for the next year. The search for Andrea's replacement has arguably already started and the people involved are looking after it.
    "The new car saved us"

Thierry, a word on the accident, you scared us when we see the images of this car dislocated at the bottom of a ravine, in the river. It was a big crash.

Yes it was a big crash. We pulled straight into a bend and no luck for us, there was a 30-meter ravine. We had a big fall. The new car saved us, the new crash cell did its job very well and that's why we got away with almost no injuries. Cars have never been so safe, we are on a new concept with a double main arch, larger tubes in terms of diameter and size. It is clear that in terms of safety we are making a big leap forward thanks to the work and continuous research of the FIA. This is a big positive, we also saw it with the Elfyn Evans accident. As for us, the security cell did its job.

Any news from Martijn, your co-pilot, who had a collarbone injury, will he be by your side in Monte Carlo?

Yes quite. He is recovering and will be ready in 4 weeks

You got out, Evans got out, does that mean that these new WRCs are perfectly complicated to tame?

Today the cars are not yet ready. We are in full development. It's clear that sometimes we get surprised, we hit the limit and that's what we work on, we want to push the boundaries and make it a more competitive car. It is part of our job to develop, to give our feedback. Every now and then there are surprises that you wouldn't expect because the car is in the early stages of development. We will have to wait a bit before they are as successful as the cars with which we have just completed 5 seasons.

In the case of our outing, we were surprised by the behavior of the car. We have our references from the last seasons and there is necessarily a gap with a brand new car.

This outing is not helping the team's business, how does it complicate the work of the team?

There is a little more work for the guys, you have to build a new car. But we remain on our initial development plan. We resume testing early next week and then it will soon be preparation in the South for Monte C

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...nt?id=10895607

12. Likes: cali (11th December 2021),Corcaíoch (11th December 2021),er88 (11th December 2021),lluisva555 (11th December 2021),Mirek (11th December 2021),Simmi (11th December 2021),TWRC (13th December 2021)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    "Team Solberg"

It all started in Safari Rally in Kenya. It went wrong, and Oliver crashed the car. The boss was pissed off. He threw down the phone and said: "Here we are investing in the youth" ironically. Honestly, I told him he could not go on like that.

He continues:
    - After the crash, Oliver was in meetings with the team and came back completely shaken. All this is on film. I watched one episode the other day, and it all came together. It's totally sick. I have been involved in a lot since I started driving in 1999, but this is on a new level, says dad Solberg.

https://www.dagbladet.no/sport/sonne...sjukt/74889194

14. Likes: AnttiL (14th December 2021),logic (14th December 2021)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Where/how can it be seen outside Norway?

,,Team Solberg'' episodes