Page 116 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2764

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Hold on here mate... Where's this "fastest car" thing comes from?? If you look at Toyota drivers in general you seriously cannot make that conclusion and starting from midseason Hyundai was clearly the best package overall.
    Only Tänak was fast in a Toyota! Few years back VW was clearly the best car, but Toyota hasn't dominated like this so this "fastest car" claim is based on fiction.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Steady now, I can make that conclusion and I have sources that know...
    It is generally accepted within the sport that the Toyota is the quickest car, not always but more often than not..more so before the illegal rear wing was removed.
    But I also have eyes, and I can see myself the Toyota is the best package.

Tanak won the WDC this year at pretty much at will, personally I think he had more speed available a lot of the time if he had needed it and I don’t believe we saw his ‘true’ pace very often. He would have won the Championship by miles if the car had been more reliable and without the puncture issues. Apart from Turkey and maybe Monte Carlo, on natural car/driver speed he could have won every event including Catalunya (where he was driving for the championship) even with road position disadvantage a lot of the time. If you think that is solely because Tanak has just suddenly become super human, your dreaming. Its because he is fantastic, and he had the best car.
    Meeke was very fast when he didn’t crash or have issues either mental or technical, and Latvala was in the middle of a personal meltdown through 2019, so neither offer a consistent representation of the cars speed throughout the year because they themselves were so up and down.

I think both Tanak and Neuville will have it all on to beat Ogier next year, but let’s see, maybe Tanak is a once in a generation talent who can win in anything and now he has the Championship his confidence will be sky high.

It’s not difficult to understand, Ogier in VW made very few mistakes, Ogier in C3 made plenty....Tanak in Fiesta made mistakes, Tanak in Toyota made almost none...its a simple premise that the guy in the fastest car doesn’t have to push so hard and makes less mistakes, and you don’t have to just look at rallying to see this trend in Motorsport.

2. Likes: AnttiL (5th January 2020),er88 (5th January 2020)
    Liked 41 Times in 18 Posts
    This topic starts to be more about Mikkelsen than HWRT, but it is good since in generally it is very worrying development that 4th placed driver (without full season) does not seem to have future in WRC. How should we then position all those other drivers who say or either believe that teams will invest to them as future profit machines? If only Tanak and Neuville are seen in 2021 worth of paying salary, what will be the normal time window for other drivers to beat these two to get their seats?
    Last edited by Crazy J; 5th January 2020 at 10:43.

Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    It's like this. B segment drivers need to step up from their game to the higher level. Only one who can show that now is Evans I think. I just hope that crying frenchie will not ruin everything again. Toyota will not be tolerate like M-Sport is. Evans needs to play his own game and still be there for nr. 1 guy but not risking his own future of driving slow just to please Ogier, which in case he did the whole 2017-2018.

Then there is Lappi. I believe he doesn't have that much pressure on him because M-Sport knows they can't fight for any title, just for occasional podium or even win. He have a time for develop further and maybe fight for it later in season or even next year if he will still be in this team.

In case of Mikkelsen, Breen, Ostberg, Paddon, Meeke. They have much worse situation now without a drive. But when opportunity comes I would not look at others just to myself if I was in their shoes. All along it's going all abput their future not others.

I think Latvala's time is over in WRC. He needs to realize that soon. Even if Ogier will go out which was case for most of his not-winning the titles ''problem'' he now have 2 more guys who are absolutely much better than him and have greater chances of titles than him.

All of teams want one guy who can fight for WDC. One consistent guy who can be there to support nr. 1 car. And one guy who can be there in case one of those two hit the trouble. Problem of most of B segment drivers is that they have high expectations of winning WDC even if their future is at risk or even don't have a contract. The Only ones who knows his places are Sordo and Loeb. They bot know that they will not win anymore and that pressure out of their shoulders show then in better results than most of others.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    risking his own future of driving slow just to please Ogier, which in case he did the whole 2017-2018.
    Many times in 2018, but I don’t remember any from 2017.

Also, it’s said Ogier wanted Evans as a teammate. Maybe it was his way to thank Evans for his 2018 efforts?

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Steady now, I can make that conclusion and I have sources that know...
    It is generally accepted within the sport that the Toyota is the quickest car, not always but more often than not..more so before the illegal rear wing was removed.
    But I also have eyes, and I can see myself the Toyota is the best package.

Tanak won the WDC this year at pretty much at will, personally I think he had more speed available a lot of the time if he had needed it and I don’t believe we saw his ‘true’ pace very often. He would have won the Championship by miles if the car had been more reliable and without the puncture issues. Apart from Turkey and maybe Monte Carlo, on natural car/driver speed he could have won every event including Catalunya (where he was driving for the championship) even with road position disadvantage a lot of the time. If you think that is solely because Tanak has just suddenly become super human, your dreaming. Its because he is fantastic, and he had the best car.
    Meeke was very fast when he didn’t crash or have issues either mental or technical, and Latvala was in the middle of a personal meltdown through 2019, so neither offer a consistent representation of the cars speed throughout the year because they themselves were so up and down.

I think both Tanak and Neuville will have it all on to beat Ogier next year, but let’s see, maybe Tanak is a once in a generation talent who can win in anything and now he has the Championship his confidence will be sky high.

It’s not difficult to understand, Ogier in VW made very few mistakes, Ogier in C3 made plenty....Tanak in Fiesta made mistakes, Tanak in Toyota made almost none...its a simple premise that the guy in the fastest car doesn’t have to push so hard and makes less mistakes, and you don’t have to just look at rallying to see this trend in Motorsport.
    It's more down to how you make or develop the car to yourself not that the Toyota was the best car or Tänak a superhuman.

Surely Ogier will be very fast in Toyota, I have no doubt about it. If he dominates 2020 we have the answer, if not it's the driver not the car.

From midseason and onwards and specially after wing modifications Hyundai was clearly the best package. JML and Meeke were always fast on 1st day due to their road position, rarely were they carrying top pace from Saturday and onwards.

I can't really see how you can come up with that conclusion and I know some people also inside the rallying circle and while they agree that Toyota is a good and fast car nobody has told me that it was the best package.

I think we agree to disagree here and as thing is debatable this theory of yours is not widely accepted at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

7. Likes: AnttiL (5th January 2020),pantealex (6th January 2020)
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Why don't we compromise all and let's say that C3 is best car/package. Shame just that they will not be aroumd anymore. 😂

Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    Insta post re Mikkelsen saying he has no drive for 2020 just hoping for some 4th car with Hyundai.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B68kv2AK...=1kvkp3x5lgsu4

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    It's more down to how you make or develop the car to yourself not that the Toyota was the best car or Tänak a superhuman.

Surely Ogier will be very fast in Toyota, I have no doubt about it. If he dominates 2020 we have the answer, if not it's the driver not the car.

From midseason and onwards and specially after wing modifications Hyundai was clearly the best package. JML and Meeke were always fast on 1st day due to their road position, rarely were they carrying top pace from Saturday and onwards.

I can't really see how you can come up with that conclusion and I know some people also inside the rallying circle and while they agree that Toyota is a good and fast car nobody has told me that it was the best package.

I think we agree to disagree here and as thing is debatable this theory of yours is not widely accepted at all.
    Both ogier and neuville seem convinced that the toyota was the fastest car. And i assume if anyone should be able to tell, it should be ogier.

In a few weeks we'll know for sure.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Insta post re Mikkelsen saying he has no drive for 2020 just hoping for some 4th car with Hyundai.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B68kv2AK...=1kvkp3x5lgsu4
    Let's hope he at least can get some outings in a 4th car. Another driver who is more than good enough to have a full campaign.

Really gutting to have Mikkelsen, Meeke, Latvala, Breen, Paddon, Ostberg etc all without full seasons. We ideally needed one more manufacturer, and that was before Citroen pulled out!

12. Likes: AndyRAC (6th January 2020),doubled1978 (6th January 2020),pantealex (6th January 2020),RS (6th January 2020),skarderud (6th January 2020),Sulland (6th January 2020),tomhlord (6th January 2020)
    Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Both ogier and neuville seem convinced that the toyota was the fastest car. And i assume if anyone should be able to tell, it should be ogier.

In a few weeks we'll know for sure.
    I think it will be a few events before the natural order shows itself. I genuinely hope that we see a great 3 way battle again between these guys over the course of the season.
    Last season the battle was kept alive by the unreliability/punctures of the Toyota, otherwise Tanak would have been long gone by mid season.
    Regardless of anything else the Neuville/Tanak battle will be probably the most interesting part of the season as putting two top guns in the same team is usually a reputation breaker for someone.

14. Likes: cali (6th January 2020)