Page 257 of 279 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2790

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 400 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    If you want to use/ demonstrate new technology in motorsport, then the WEC is the series to go to......
    You sure? LMDh is a tech free zone where everything bar the aero (and even that is limited due to the use of third party customer chassis) and ICE (and the ICE is also quite "boring" as the rules are so thight that there is no incentive to do much) is spec.

As for LMH, it is also very much dumbed down, with aero efficiency from the early nineties, severely limited electric propulsion (only active at very high speeds, no "additional" power, just substituting 100 ICE horsepower with 100 electric horsepower for example) and ICE are also fairly simple as the rules are run what you brung and therefore don't require something with huge power potential or extraordinary efficiency.

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    If I'm the boss of Hyundai ,I'll not consider suninen,Did he have any better performance than Mikklesen or Oliver in this year WRC2 ?
    Suninen used to be a talent but now he just become more and more mediocre, Anyone agree?

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    In the past 2 years of Rally2 starts the only rally where Suninen has been clearly fastest ( of those that were there) is Finland. Which is one of the two rallies that Hyundai definitely needs to fill this year. So that alone puts Suninen into consideration. His pace on other rallies doesn't stand out.

So it depends on what Hyundais plans are beyond this year. The key to that is Sordo. If they plan to run Sordo for most rallies next year Suninen can fill those 2-3 fast ones. If Sordo should run less then Mikkelsen is much more universal choice for a stable points scorer. Until Portugal I would bet Sordo was on the way out but in Portugal he was back to old form, didn't confirm it here though.

Solberg is this year much more stable with great drives in Sweden and Portugal. Every other rally is still a mess with issues every second stage though (here in Sardinia, Croatia, Monte..). Wait at least until after this season.

Pajari is next potential candidate but he is at least 1,5 season away.

Lindholm (who was originally in the rumors) imo just confirms this year how undeserved his last years title was.

Liked 287 Times in 106 Posts
    Very bittersweet second place for Lappi, i dont know if i was the only one but WRC commentators sure ignored the sentence and turned it as he is a team player, but it is the 1-2-3 last year again when they didnt let Ott win again points wise it would have not made any difference, but when they asked Lappi "you can go and win the next one" and he answered " depends who is behind" i understand he is first year in this team and whatnot, but i mean i hoped a little bit with cyril they have a little more inside competition allowed in the first half/almost middle of the season, but clearly Thierry is the team boss still, for me it is harder and harder to like the guy, at the start of the season i was hoping if not Ott, then Thierry would win the championship, but it is so hard to root for a guy who has to let people slow down to win, since clearly Lappi was a lot quicker than him from the first stage. I guess Lappis only hope and plan should be to wait out Neuvilles retirement or maybe( long shot i know) they will finally sack him, probably not when they win Manu championship, but i hope Toyota will dominate it and Ott(another long shot) or Kalle takes the Driver championship win, maybe the team then will understand and reconsider the years wasted for the guy. My full honest opinion and you dont have to agree, and im welcome to start a discussion with anyone who disagrees with me, that is what keeps this forum alive

5. Likes: Eli (4th June 2023),skarderud (4th June 2023)
    Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    Very bittersweet second place for Lappi, i dont know if i was the only one but WRC commentators sure ignored the sentence and turned it as he is a team player, but it is the 1-2-3 last year again when they didnt let Ott win again points wise it would have not made any difference, but when they asked Lappi "you can go and win the next one" and he answered " depends who is behind" i understand he is first year in this team and whatnot, but i mean i hoped a little bit with cyril they have a little more inside competition allowed in the first half/almost middle of the season, but clearly Thierry is the team boss still, for me it is harder and harder to like the guy, at the start of the season i was hoping if not Ott, then Thierry would win the championship, but it is so hard to root for a guy who has to let people slow down to win, since clearly Lappi was a lot quicker than him from the first stage. I guess Lappis only hope and plan should be to wait out Neuvilles retirement or maybe( long shot i know) they will finally sack him, probably not when they win Manu championship, but i hope Toyota will dominate it and Ott(another long shot) or Kalle takes the Driver championship win, maybe the team then will understand and reconsider the years wasted for the guy. My full honest opinion and you dont have to agree, and im welcome to start a discussion with anyone who disagrees with me, that is what keeps this forum alive
    I agree!

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 166 Times in 101 Posts
    I like Thierry and it's a shame that Esapekka had to slow down. I think that Cyril is a big strategy man (in F1 there is strategy really important) and he is doing this rules, not just Thierry. So I quite agree with u, but not really. Otherwise, I think that this weekend it was a clever decision to take it easy in these tricky conditions.. Now hoping that at least Ott will win the championship.

Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    since clearly Lappi was a lot quicker than him from the first stage.
    What? Maybe you should go and check the times and the standings.
    Gap between Lappi and Neuville after day 1: 18 seconds.
    Gap between Lappi and Neuville before Ogier crashed out: 3 seconds.

Among all the times Sordo had to play team games and slow down, you pick the time Lappi just backed off to preserve Hyundai 1-2? What did you expect them to do? Sure, I could say "let them fight, Rovanpera is going to easily win the championship anyway", but a team boss doesn't reason that why.

maybe the team then will understand and reconsider the years wasted for the guy.
    Let's ignore that 6-7 out of 10 years the car was falling to pieces on road sections or slower than Polo / Yaris. What would you have done? Apart from the easy answer "hire Ogier / Rovanpera", the best of the lot that cannot always be hired, they hired world champion Tanak, who wasn't a serious title challenger for 3 years with Hyundai. Did they waste 3 years with Tanak? If I were to follow your logic I'd say yes, but I say no. When your car and team is not up to par, what the drivers do becomes much less relevant.
    And what would you do now? Try to push Lappi for the title? When has he ever shown to be fast and consistent enough to be a challenger?
    If he fights for the win in Estonia and Finland and keeps performing good, one day he might be one. Right now, not yet.

9. Likes: becher (4th June 2023),lancia037 (6th June 2023)
    Liked 400 Times in 210 Posts
    To compare Tänak not being given the win and Lappi slowing down to benefit Neuville is ridiculous.

Liked 1,594 Times in 724 Posts
    As a fan I don't like those team orders, but on the other hand - I understand them and there are no surprises. It was clear and said out lout - Neuville is the priority for the team.

At the time when Lappi signed - what was his choices? To get one of 6 full-time driver seat or do some rallies when Ogier does not have mood to do it. When signing, he was not probably in position to ask equal position in the team. I think this is the season to earn it and he is doing it well.

12. Likes: becher (4th June 2023),Rallyper (5th June 2023)
    Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts

14. Likes: becher (16th June 2023)